Owlturd Comix

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Owlturd Comix

Post by Leisher »

Apparently, this is an "Owl Turds" comic that the author deleted. He did so because:
Was that last comic ableist?

I think I fucked up. Usually I can tell these things when there are a bunch of people (quietly) telling me I fucked up, and also when they are a bunch of people using my comics to justify judging others, which they’re never meant for.

My intent with the last comic, like usual, was self-deprecation. I’m supposed to be the square. I often romanticize being an outcast in society, so when the circle essentially points out “you can still fit in, you’re not such an outcast,” I respond by saying “SHUT UP, YES I AM.” Because, y’know, I romanticize it.

This was the intent, but looking at it now, mistakes were made. For many people, the thing that I romanticize is not a choice. I’m going to take this one down, and might not have another one to put up today.

I’m sorry.

Have a great rest of your day, peeps.
The problem I have with him removing it is that ANYTHING can be interpreted by the audience in any way. That's art. A great example is all religious texts. How often are they used to murder innocents, while used by others to preach peace and tolerance (and that's not just a shot at Muslims)? Even peacefully, look at the discussion Vince and I had in the Preacher thread about whether or not it was ok for a show to portray Jesus as a sinner, and would he do it? Look at the Mona Lisa and how people wonder if the girl was happy or not. How Cameron stared at A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte and saw something nobody else would see. Art is supposed to be open to interpretation.

And on a different note, I think it's a great comic that fits so much about our society right now. "Me Me Me" instead of "Us".

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Owlturd Comix

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: And on a different note, I think it's a great comic that fits so much about our society right now. "Me Me Me" instead of "Us".
Seriously.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Owlturd Comix

Post by GORDON »

Which explains the backlash. Some people don't like mirrors.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."