Boy Scouts

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Boy Scouts

Post by Leisher »

Girls can now join.

This is a welcome move as girls have been excluded way too long. I mean, it's not like there's a Girl Scouts...

Ok, being serious, I really appreciate that they're doing this so busy parents aren't driving their kids multiple directions for the same thing.

They should just merge and call it a day. It'll eventually be demanded anyway.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Boy Scouts

Post by GORDON »

Our cub scout troop.let the little sisters in on everything, anyway.

The boy scout leader.was.a. weird dick so that's where my kid quit.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Boy Scouts

Post by Vince »

I really think that the Boy Scouts have done themselves in over the years. I've always thought the participants in Scouts were more weighted on the traditional God, country, family, apple pie, "God Bless America" centric families. This consumer has been shrinking for a couple of decades. Then all the flap about the gay troop leaders and the leadership freaked out about getting bad press and what that will do to already declining membership. They never stopped to consider that most of the people complaining were never going to participate anyway, and what this move might do in alienating those that already participate.

I think within 10-20 years they will be a very small organization. Probably smaller than the combined independent Christian groups that have been popping up to provide alterenatives to them.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Boy Scouts

Post by Leisher »

Filing for bankruptcy.

It's weird to think that the Boy Scouts and Catholic Church are both having problems with getting folks in the doors. It's almost like people don't want their kids to get molested.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”