Antifa

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Antifa

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Nope, and I'll happily die on this knowing there is no "smoking gun" to prove the point.
Again, not what they are saying
disliking Antifa was officially a hate crime.
I appreciate that nuance and words can be hard. But you are wrong.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Antifa

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Nope, and I'll happily die on this knowing there is no "smoking gun" to prove the point.
Again, not what they are saying
disliking Antifa was officially a hate crime.
I appreciate that nuance and words can be hard. But you are wrong.
Nope, I'm not getting hung up on the verbiage of a third party source. I took this as more along the lines of defending antifa.

When they label antifa a hate group, I will admit I am wrong. Until then, they're playing games to avoid negatively labeling a group whose political beliefs align with theirs, and this is how they justify it:
Also, antifa groups do not promote hatred based on race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity (see criteria above).
We need to stop pretending hate directed towards political affiliation or political beliefs isn't hate. Not doing so is how many of our "morally superior" trick themselves into thinking they are without bias and bigotry.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Antifa

Post by GORDON »

And let's talk about those ignorant, sister-fucking southerners, next. They're still open game by the enlightened left.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Antifa

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: We need to stop pretending hate directed towards political affiliation or political beliefs isn't hate. Not doing so is how many of our "morally superior" trick themselves into thinking they are without bias and bigotry.
Exactly. They are propagandists. ANTIFA is using the term "Nazi" the same way the US used the cartoon images of buck toothed slant eyed Japanese to dehumanize their enemies during WWII.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

Antifa

Post by Vince »

I'm all for another's right to protest. But if you're blocking traffic, you're depriving me of my right not to care. So I'm more than okay with this.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Antifa

Post by Leisher »

I've never understood the blocking traffic protest.

"Let's prevent people from getting to work, appointments, or their families. That will get them on our side!"
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Antifa

Post by GORDON »

I'm not saying that the people who plow through road-blockers are right....
Leisher
Site Admin

Antifa

Post by Leisher »

Trump administration wants to label them as terrorists.

CNN is there to try and cockblock it.

Doesn't freedom of speech end when your primary tactic is violence and all of your members hide their faces. Reminds me of some other group that wears masks and spreads hate. I think CNN might be against them...?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Antifa

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I'm not saying that the people who plow through road-blockers are right....
You should not plow through traffic. But going slowly, but fast enough to get through, yes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Antifa

Post by GORDON »

Correct. Running down people blocking traffic to protest is absolutely not right.

But I understand why it happens.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Antifa

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Correct. Running down people blocking traffic to protest is absolutely not right.

If I were surrounded by angry people, with my family in the car? Heck yes. Maybe even without my family.
Leisher
Site Admin

Antifa

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Running down people blocking traffic to protest is absolutely not right.

Ditto.

Although, I am very much against blocking traffic as a protest. How does preventing other people from getting to their homes and jobs, and terrifying them in the process, help any cause?
GORDON
Site Admin

Antifa

Post by GORDON »

I like the protester who got pulled off the train and got his ass kicked.
Leisher
Site Admin

Antifa

Post by Leisher »

I remember that. Wasn't that France or England?
GORDON
Site Admin

Antifa

Post by GORDON »

I think.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Antifa

Post by TheCatt »

Man holds 2 people at gunpoint, because he thinks they are part of Antifa.
A Colorado State football player working for a roofing company in Loveland was ordered to the ground and held at gunpoint on Thursday by a man who mistook the player and another employee as being members of the activist group known as Antifa.

According to a report from 9news.com, Scott Gudmundsen initially called police to report two men wearing face masks going door-to-door in his neighborhood. The 65-year-old told police he was going to confront the two men, and when police arrived they found him wearing fatigues and armed with two pistols, holding both men on the ground at gunpoint.

Gudmundsen was arrested and booked on felony charges of menacing and false imprisonment, according to Larimer County jail records.

Police did not identify either of the victims, who were surveying the area for roof damage after a recent hail storm. Both men were wearing blue polo shirts with their company's name on them and white face masks, following protocol to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

In a letter addressed to the CSU community, which was obtained by ESPN, university president Joyce McConnell, athletic director Joe Parker and head football coach Steve Addazio addressed the situation. The school declined to identify the football player "out of an abundance of respect for the privacy and well-being of the student-athlete and their family."

"Our student is a young man of color, while the perpetrator is white," the letter read. "Regardless of what investigators learn or reasons the perpetrator gives, we know this: Our student got up Thursday morning, worked out with his team, then showered, dressed and went to work. Hours later, he was facing a stranger with a gun and hearing police sirens that had been inexplicably called on him. Given what we have seen happening in cities across this country, we know all too well that this encounter could have proceeded very differently."