Because we're not all assholes...

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cop writes open letter to speeding teen.

I swear I'm not fishing for cop stories. I guess the MSM just likes doing them around X-Mas. It's a good letter. I was once that teen who wanted to speed, and I'm glad I survived it. DictionaryDave and I were doing 135-145 on a back road once and I had no idea how dangerous it was at the time. Doing 200 on the speedway in Brooklyn with a professional driver was pretty tame in comparison.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Whacky there are two of these today, and both are NBA related.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who Gordon knows as an exceptional co-pilot, is selling championship rings and other memorabilia to give the proceeds to his charity to help educate kids in science, math, technology, and engineering.
"When it comes to choosing between storing a championship ring or trophy in a room, or providing kids with an opportunity to change their lives, the choice is pretty simple. Sell it all," Abdul-Jabbar wrote on his blog about why he's auctioning off valuables from his sports history.
Vince

Post by Vince »

That was really cool. Not a big basketball fan (which I think is a crime in KY), but I have had to admit as of late they keep their players on a shorter leash than the NFL seems to.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
That was really cool. Not a big basketball fan (which I think is a crime in KY), but I have had to admit as of late they keep their players on a shorter leash than the NFL seems to.
That's because the players run the NBA. The players are smart and don't want to upset the apple cart.

Also, the NBA had a rule about standing for the national anthem already in place.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Also, the NBA had a rule about standing for the national anthem already in place.
Yeah, I knew about that. Weren't they talking about wearing suits for their business related events? Do they do that?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Good thing we didn't post about the cookie guy

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/27/us/man ... cnn.com%2F
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I mean, you just ruined this thread.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I mean, you just ruined this thread.
I mean, he's a kinda nice drug dealer, as far as we know...
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Good story. My kids' will want to send her a photo of our dog.

On Twitter, the best follow is We Rate Dogs. Cheesy, punny, and about as sterile as it gets, but the whole community is nothing but nice people. No politics, just dogs.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:On Twitter, the best follow is We Rate Dogs. Cheesy, punny, and about as sterile as it gets, but the whole community is nothing but nice people. No politics, just dogs.
I've seen them before.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Charlie and Maverick.
I saw a similar story to this a few years ago where a dog would lead a blind donkey or mule (I forget which now) to a grassy area on their farm so he could eat every day.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Wait, diet and exercise matter? The hell you say!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Right? I just like that it's turned into a neighborhood thing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »