Airline Seats

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by GORDON »

This is something that needs to be investigated? Airplanes shrink seats to get more on them on the plane, so they can make more money.

There, give me the $5mil you would have spent "investigating" it by hiring your nephew Percy's think tank.

The next step is to decide whether or not to do anything about it. Better see which lobbying group gave the most to your charitable foundation.

Fuck this whole system.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by Leisher »

I think it's more along the lines of the FAA adding regulation stating the size of seats.

Honestly, I have no issue with it because I think Spirit is thisclose to removing all the seats and having people sit Indian style so they can double the amount of people they can get onto a plane.

Does it need to be studied? No. Find the average size of an American, add some wiggle room, and there's your regulation.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by GORDON »

The fact that people still fly, in spite of every abuse, in spite of straight-up ass-whoopings, tells airlines they can still have room to make things worse. Congressional action will absolutely be needed, but I still don't have much faith that anything will be done.
Malcolm

Airline Seats

Post by Malcolm »

Taking away civilian air travel would destroy the economy. They are fully aware they have a travel monopoly. It's not happening because driving, the other viable alternative, sucks just as much for different reasons.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Airline Seats

Post by Malcolm »

Have fun the first time you hit major turbulence.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by GORDON »

I don't even like standing on a Disney shuttle.
Leisher
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by GORDON »

There's no window/aisle seat? Trying to visualize how one would crawl through.
Leisher
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by Leisher »

I don't know.

Seems it wouldn't be awesome for the elderly, heavy set folks, handicapped people, kids?

They claim they can get more people into each plane with these seats.
GORDON
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, I was thinking about fatties trying to squeeze themselves into there.... and then needing help to get out. A lot of help.

I'd love not having to worry about a huge fat roll invading my seat space, though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Seems it wouldn't be awesome for the elderly, heavy set folks, handicapped people, kids?
Yeah
GORDON wrote: I'd love not having to worry about a huge fat roll invading my seat space, though.
Also yeah
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by GORDON »

Another lice vector. :-D

That being quipped, I saw that gimick on trains in Europe 25 years ago. Glad the airlines are catching up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by TheCatt »

Can they include a seat smell filter? Today's seat neighbor, also larger than me, was missing some deodorant
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Can they include a seat smell filter? Today's seat neighbor, also larger than me, was missing some deodorant
Cargo.Class could be extended to those who also smell like livestock, not merely the size of livestock.
Leisher
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Airline Seats

Post by GORDON »

I'm sure the airlines will get right on that.