Whole Foods

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Whole Foods

Post by Leisher »

Business is not booming.

Fuck Whole Foods.

Here's a fun Whole Foods fact for you:
They have a list of ingredients that they refuse to have used on or in any product in their store. Why? Their claim is that they only want natural, healthy food items. That's what their entire brand is about, right?

Well, that's not entirely true. See, my company makes a product that is a food preservative. It's completely natural and when used in food it actually does its job and then breaks down into its basic components. It's also one of the best preservatives, if not the best. (Not being biased. This is based on science and testing.)

For example: A recent listeria outbreak on apples killed 8 people and an unborn child. Apple producers have been testing different solutions to eliminate listeria and our product is the only one to eliminate it 100%.

Yet somehow Whole Foods thinks we're not a healthy, natural product. Know why? Surely they have science and research to back them up like we do right?

Nope. Their whole process is just based on their opinion. This isn't a joke. We have had conversations with them. We know what three competing products they allow and their negatives.

So pick a reason: Bribery, "old boy network", Ignorance, Etc.

Whole Foods doesn't give a fuck if you or your family get sick eating their overpriced shit.

My company is actually considering its legal options because it has affected our business. (Albeit on a really small scale. This is not the primary purpose for this product. Whole foods has basically cost us two small deals.) We had a similar issue with Kroger a year or so ago, but they admitted a mistake in spelling and immediately approved us. They had confused us with another product.

They were supposed to build a Whole Foods here and I was super excited until I discovered how they operate. Now I'm glad they're not coming thanks to their business tanking.

So keep this in mind if you go to Whole Foods. They're not treating their foods to fight bacteria properly.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Whole Foods

Post by TheCatt »

Whole Food was also supposed to open near us. The only reason I give a damn is that my youngest has a dairy allergy, so it makes 'vegan' shopping easier. Other than that, they can GFT
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Whole Foods

Post by Troy »

Whole food jokes!

The Whole Food in my neighborhood got robbed big time. $10 grand or so in merchandise. That bag of apples has yet to be recovered.
Troy

Whole Foods

Post by Troy »

Most checkout lines in whole foods are 10 items are less.

They'd like to put more 10+ item lines, but they can't find enough bankers for the necessary loans.
Leisher
Site Admin

Whole Foods

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Most checkout lines in whole foods are 10 items are less.

They'd like to put more 10+ item lines, but they can't find enough bankers for the necessary loans.
Holy shit that's funny!

I have heard from someone else that Whole Foods tried "mini stores" and they have been a monumental failure.

End of the day, unless they also stock all the other goods your home needs, then most people aren't going there for some items and another place for everything else.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Whole Foods

Post by Leisher »

More on the failing Whole Foods.
"It's for pretentious people"
Ha!
Leisher
Site Admin

Whole Foods

Post by Leisher »

Sold!

Without googling, guess who bought them.
Malcolm

Whole Foods

Post by Malcolm »

Already read it earlier.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Whole Foods

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sold!

Without googling, guess who bought them.
I just cannot believe it. I read this earlier... all the other grocery stock are plummeting. I dunno, I don't see the vision here.
Troy

Whole Foods

Post by Troy »

Not mine but:

Jeff Bezos at home: "Alexa, buy me dinner from Whole Foods"
Alexa: "Buying Whole Foods"
Jeff: "Fuck"
Leisher
Site Admin

Whole Foods

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Not mine but:

Jeff Bezos at home: "Alexa, buy me dinner from Whole Foods"
Alexa: "Buying Whole Foods"
Jeff: "Fuck"
I laughed.
Malcolm

Whole Foods

Post by Malcolm »

Rumour is they're trying to compete with Walmart in terms of having physical places to get things. They're allegedly trying to ape the Apple Store model ... so yeah, this could go all kinds of south.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Whole Foods

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote: so yeah, this could go all kinds of south.
I think it's your endless optimism that makes you so attractive.

I dunno: Trust Malcolm, or Bezos?
Leisher
Site Admin

Whole Foods

Post by Leisher »

It's going to be interesting to watch, particularly how they tie it into their other business.

I'd say you could wrap the distribution centers and the grocery stores together, but each already exists.So I doubt you can go pick up that thing you ordered online when you grab groceries for that night.
thibodeaux

Whole Foods

Post by thibodeaux »

I wish I could find the quote, but it was something I read maybe back in college, a parody of Andrew Carnegie. Paraphrasing:

"Jimmy, get some change oot iv the drawer and go by Yurrup fer me. Telegraph the Czar, the Pope, the Sultan, and the Imp'rer Willem and tell 'em we won't be need their sarvices."

That's kinda how I imagine this deal went down.
Leisher
Site Admin

Whole Foods

Post by Leisher »

Lots of hate for this move online. People complaining that they want to choose their own food not have some minimum wage employee pick it for them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Whole Foods

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Lots of hate for this move online. People complaining that they want to choose their own food not have some minimum wage employee pick it for them.
They will enjoy gardening.

Besides, before they had illegal immigrants picking it for them.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Whole Foods

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Lots of hate for this move online. People complaining that they want to choose their own food not have some minimum wage employee pick it for them.
Amazon won't keep them from doing that. But for the rest of us who enjoy progress, that'd be nice.
GORDON
Site Admin

Whole Foods

Post by GORDON »

Ha, amazon plans on making them comparable to walmart.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... icey-image

"It was as if a million hippies suddenly cried out, and then were silent."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Whole Foods

Post by TheCatt »