United Airlines

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

At this point all they can do is stop responding and hope it goes away... which it would..... or issue a "Ok, ok, we promise to not kick the shit out of people any more."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

United Airlines

Post by Vince »

Interesting. I wonder if a non-doctor would have gotten probation for multiple felony accounts of trading narcotics for sex? Sounds like karma made its way back around to him.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

United: "We promise to only kick the shit out of convicted felons."
Vince

United Airlines

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: United: "We promise to only kick the shit out of convicted felons."
Not saying it was right. Just saying probably of all the peeps on the flight this one is bothering me least.
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

To me what he did doesn't matter, nor does it matter that he didn't want to give up his seat. It's that if unpunished, then there is a line where an airline can kick your ass for not getting off the bus and it is ok.

If they wanted to put him under arrest for not giving up the seat he paid for, then they should have. I guess they were trying to avoid bad optics of arresting him on the plane.
Troy

United Airlines

Post by Troy »

Apparently this is blowing up over in China, because the dude is chinese.

United has been making a big push into the Asian market. Welp.

Losing some serious value today. The Memes on reddit/twitter/leisher-in-this-thread ain't losing any value though. Goddamn those are good.

The guy definitely appears to NOT be a saint. I'm surprised they let him go back to practicing medicine.

But it doesn't matter - I'll continue to burn United down on social media just for the idea of kicking seated, confirmed passengers off the plane post boarding. Smarter idea - putting that extra flight crew into a rental car and making them drive the 5 hours. Shit for $800 bucks they could have gotten a limo. I don't care how short the guy's skirt was.

The stock hit they are taking is appropriate. I've got a decent yearly flight travel budget, and have been trying to figure out new airlines for West Coast life. United ain't gonna be the winner.

E: LOL
Last edited by Troy on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote: But it doesn't matter - I'll continue to burn United down on social media just for the idea of kicking seated, confirmed passengers off the plane post boarding. Smarter idea - putting that extra flight crew into a rental car and making them drive the 5 hours. Shit for $800 bucks they could have gotten a limo. I don't care how short the guy's skirt was.
Even though this wasn't technically an "overbooked" situation, proper... maybe they should stop filling planes. Consider "Full minus 5" to be "full." That way when you are seated next to a 400 pound gorilla, like I was on my last flight ever, there will be an empty seat for me siting in the aisle and the poor chinese girl on the other side of him who was getting smashed by his arms up against the bulkhead. I am not exaggerating. Flight crew cared fuck-all. "Oh no the cost of a ticket would go up $4." Don't fucking care. They'd also then have the room for their 4 crew members.

But I'm boycotting all of them anyway so whatever. I just don't want any slippery slope "Well we just gave you a whopper on your tray and you paid but we need it back for someone else and we are legally entitled to kick your ass if you refuse."
Troy

United Airlines

Post by Troy »

*woosh*

E: Gordon do you not fly at all? Ever again?
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

Nothing goes over their heads. Their reflexes are too fast, they will catch it.
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

Here's one from me:

If only United had kicked the shit out of the 9-11 hijackers. Thanks for 9-11, United.
Troy

United Airlines

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Here's one from me:

If only United had kicked the shit out of the 9-11 hijackers. Thanks for 9-11, United.
Ha. Reminds me of this tweet I saw yesterday:

Last edited by Troy on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leisher
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by Leisher »

One of the images I posted lists what rule/law they broke. Apparently, they cannot remove a passenger for an employee.

Has there been any response from the FAA yet? Shouldn't they be enforcing these rules?

Also, I don't think karma caught this doctor since he'll be getting rich.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Also, I don't think karma caught this doctor since he'll be getting rich.
They're already huge pricks... they may decide paying him off won't put the genie back into the bottle, and just let him take it to court.
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

Whoever runs Twitter just got promised free flights for life.

https://thenextweb.com/twitter/2017/04/ ... nes-tweets
TheCatt
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by TheCatt »

It's my understanding that the FAA has NO prohibition against passengers taking pictures / videos. PILOTS cannot while operating the craft (but some do, check out instagram). Some airlines prohibit it, or allow their employees to do so, but it's not a law.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by TheCatt »

I told @united to go fuck itself, but did not get my tweets deleted.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

Here's the story from the beginning, including today's latest version of an apology.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr- ... -his-crew/
Malcolm

United Airlines

Post by Malcolm »

That lying shitbag and everyone involved in the incident should be immediately canned with zero severance, benefits, or cash of any sort. Stupidity of this calibre cannot be let off lightly.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

United Airlines

Post by GORDON »

Rumors that they got the wrong doctor who was trading sex for drugs... ha.
Vince

United Airlines

Post by Vince »

I hate them all.