another reason to hate Australia

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Cats own the entire continent.
According the new research, which involved more than 40 scientists combing through 100 different studies, feral cats can be found in 99.8 percent of Australia. Save for a few fenced-in locations where invasive predators like cats and foxes were eradicated in to protect local wildlife, the feral felines can be found just about everywhere. Depending on how much prey is available, feral cat populations can fluctuate between about 2.1 million to 6.3 million, with about one cat for every 1.5 square miles
Keep in mind the pussies kill the non-poisonous things you'd like to keep around because they in turn feed on the various evil venomous species that saturate the rest of that godforsaken place.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Re: another reason to hate Australia

Post by GORDON »

I saw a TV show once about a farm in Australia that was infested with millions of mice. Every time they moved a tarp or something, a thousand mice would scatter.

They introduced cats once... they got ate by mice.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:I saw a TV show once about a farm in Australia that was infested with millions of mice. Every time they moved a tarp or something, a thousand mice would scatter.

They introduced cats once... they got ate by mice.
I think I saw that. Yeah, Aussie mice ain't nothing to fuck with. You'd think with all the walking, flying, and swimming animals assassins they have, it wouldn't be an issue. But I guess rodents have survived this long for a reason. At that point, the only recourse is massive amount of poison.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Nothing a flamethrower can't fix.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Awesome. Then you have tiny, flaming mice running towards flammable objects and brush.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That's why you also bring marshmallows.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Do you like hunting and catching potentially fatally venomous animals on a continent where antivenin is already running low? Australia's got a great deal for you.
The Australian Reptile Park, the country's sole supplier of funnel-web venom to antidote producers since 1981, relies on the public to hand in spiders that are milked for the venom used to produce an antidote.

The anti-venom program was now at risk after too few spiders were donated last year and a recent heatwave encouraged more spider activity and bites, the park's general manager, Tim Faulkner, said on Tuesday.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You'd think the government would have a breeding program so the supply of venom would be constant rather than relying upon endangering your citizens.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm amazed nobody has made a "Trump will declare war to get that land back" joke.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm amazed nobody has made a "Trump will declare war to get that land back" joke.
What? There's no oil, wait, wrong president.
It's not me, it's someone else.