Another parent(s) of the year candidate

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The first tweet (this one) shows a short and sweet lesson. If you follow the thread the whole video is posted and it gets a bit...cringy. Although, still technically ok because the kid, while clearly scared and outclassed, has his hands up and is still participating. He doesn't show any signs of distress at all. I do hope we get a follow up to these two in a few years. Does the kid murder the dad in the middle of the night? Does he return the ass kicking in 15 years?

I grew up in a household with a father who could whip my ass. I'm pretty sure he still might be able to, and certainly could kick the shit out of many of my friends. He was a state wrestling champ (or wrestled in the championships) in high school, was the middle weight boxing champ in the Navy, got shot out of torpedo tubes (demolitions), was a cop for 30 years, has been in numerous fights, has an older brother who was a well known street tough back in the day, had a mom who would make her kids go to the yard and get a stick so she could whip their ass, and has worked out pretty much every day his whole life.

As Chris Rock says, you can be the baddest momma on the planet, but that can't touch "I'ma tell your daddy."

I do have fond memories of fighting my dad with Socker Boppers (sp?). Basically inflatable and ginormous boxing gloves. He used to launch me across the room with just a jab. I think I was 8 or something, but loved that shit. 8 year old boys are psychos.

I am 100% in favor of spankings and whatnot. Kids need to understand there are consequences for their actions. However, that doesn't mean I'm in favor of beating kids. There is a massive, MASSIVE fucking difference between swatting a toddler on the rump to get their attention and beating your kid half to death just because.

My dad was a bad parent in some ways, but he certainly taught me respect and that my actions would have consequences.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: The first tweet (this one) shows a short and sweet lesson.
My suspicion is that they spar a lot. Not great, but the dad is there and they seem to be in a fairly affluent neighborhood. Not my druthers, but lots worse happening to black kids.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Someone buried a newborn alive.

Found by a couple burying their dead newborn.

Seems like fate.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I always want pictures of the crazies.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I always want pictures of the crazies.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

lol - never saw that movie, though.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That's a really good movie.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: That's a really good movie.
Yep.

Watch it one night with the wife. You guys will like it a lot more than you imagine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: That's a really good movie.
Yep.

Watch it one night with the wife. You guys will like it a lot more than you imagine.
What’s it called?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Blast From the Past
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Guy murders his girlfriend and mom tries to help cover it up.
Dixon’s mother, Nikita Dixon, was arrested on Thursday and is being held on a $100,000 bond, Macomb County Sheriff’s Office online records show. ABC reported that she was arrested outside the courthouse at her son’s arraignment for “being an accessory after the fact and tampering with evidence” after Dixon allegedly called her asking for help getting rid of the murder weapon.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I mean.. that's a good mom, kinda.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yes, I'm sure he grew up in a household that taught his love, ethics, morals, respect for others, respect for the law, and so on.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Legit candidate, this is NOT a bad parent.
Mom defends son who beat up his bully.

Read the whole article. It's disgusting how powerless and inept the school system either is or acted.

Oh, and Yahoo:
Allison's story has since gone viral. One week after the incident, it received more than 252,000 reactions and nearly 1,000 comments, many of which were surprisingly supportive.
"Surprisingly supportive"? Did the writer actively think the mother was in the wrong or is the writer happy so many other people still think normally?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It's disgusting how powerless and inept the school system either is or acted.
Every damned school. Our kids haven't been bullied, but some of our friends' kids have, and the school just ignored the problem. One kid had his nose broken. One girl was being harassed, the school did nothing, so her dad called the police. The school was mad at them for doing that.
Leisher wrote: "Surprisingly supportive"?
I assume it's because we're all supposed to believe that violence is not the answer.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: The school was mad at them for doing that.
That's what is really frustrating. The schools try to cover everything up despite knowing they're essentially powerless, and then get pissed whenever a spotlight is put onto that fact.
TheCatt wrote: I assume it's because we're all supposed to believe that violence is not the answer.
Right? The problem with that logic is that violence has solved so many, many things throughout history.

Yes, a civilized person should use their words to resolve situations, but the reason WHY must be understood by both parties. There needs to be an understanding of the concept "there are consequences to your actions". Without fear of any actual punishment, the bully bullies. Guess what, this bully isn't bullying anymore because he was taught that valuable lesson.