Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

They were trying to cover both bases of the terrible stat, especially since it explicitly referenced gun control.

But go ahead, and be confused by words.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: They were trying to cover both bases of the terrible stat, especially since it explicitly referenced gun control.
They did a shitty job.
TheCatt wrote: But go ahead, and be confused by words.
Ha! You act like I bothered reading all that shit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Although you might be STUNNED to hear that my trust level on Snopes has dropped considerably over the years.
You literally mention it every time I post from there. But I guaran-damn-tee you, it's at least 100,000 times more accurate than that shitty "factoid" you and Gordon posted about reading.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: You literally mention it every time I post from there.
Stop posting from there. Also, I was just being a smart ass with the STUNNED thing because that your capitalizing it was so snarky.
TheCatt wrote: But I guaran-damn-tee you, it's at least 100,000 times more accurate than that shitty "factoid" you and Gordon posted about reading.
Can I go to Snopes and fact check that sentence?

By the way, I just said I had seen it, not that I agreed or disagreed with it. I have crazy right wing uncles, so there aren't many right wing memes that I don't see at one point or another. Hell, I saw another "Obama wasn't born here and this proves it" one last night.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Stop posting from there.
Stop being so reluctant to hear facts. A lack of perfection doesn't mean stop listening/reading.
Leisher wrote: Can I go to Snopes and fact check that sentence?
If I say it, you can just assume it's 110% truthy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: I read somewhere that if you remove 3 cities from the data... Like Chicago, DC, and... St Louis? Then the USA has the lowest gun crime statistics per capital, in the world.
Ditto.
You will be STUNNED to learn that that statement is Not true.
"Mostly False" is exactly as accurate as claiming it is "Kinda True."

Checkmate.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Stop being so reluctant to hear facts. A lack of perfection doesn't mean stop listening/reading.
In what way does me engaging you in conversation suggest that I'm reluctant to hear facts?

I'm the most fact accepting person around this place!
TheCatt wrote: If I say it, you can just assume it's 110% truthy.
Who are you, Malcolm?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Who are you, Malcolm?
No reason to get mean.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Bah! I've been in fuck off mode since a conference call will Dell at 1.

In fact, fuck this place. I think I'll go home as soon as my current run in Soda Dungeon ends.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Bah! I've been in fuck off mode since a conference call will Dell at 1.

In fact, fuck this place. I think I'll go home as soon as my current run in Soda Dungeon ends.
Killing time til I can go to the rock gym...
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Clearly mentally deranged man thankfully never bought a gun.

This guy should be exhibit A towards bringing back insane asylums. He willingly turned himself in. He knew what he did and wanted to do was wrong.

Another mass stabbing.

When will we finally ban knives?
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Is it just me, or does it seem weird we haven't heard more about this?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

She sounds empowered.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Is it just me, or does it seem weird we haven't heard more about this?
It's being reported, but Kavanaugh is dominating the headlines. The fact that the shooter is a woman should be getting this story a lot of coverage, but it isn't.

Also, with no clear motive, it screams "mental health" issues.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Massive gun heist.
I saw "Tennessee" and thought, "Has to be Memphis". Nashville is getting just as bad lately, but I think they need a few years to catch up with this level of balls/sophistication.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Another mass stabbing.
Another data point in Adult vs 5 year olds.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Holy shit! I forgot all about that. Good memory!
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

11 killed at a synagogue.

Shooter wasn't a Trump voter.

He was also clearly batshit crazy.