Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: Your state sucks.
It does strike me as odd for NC.
I filled out the online form today, going to visit the courthouse tomorrow. We'll see what happens.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Another German mass shooting at a synagogue.

Only this one was stopped when the gunman couldn't get through the front door.

Hilariously, he was live streaming it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: Your state sucks.
It does strike me as odd for NC.
I filled out the online form today, going to visit the courthouse tomorrow. We'll see what happens.
I was in Raleigh today, so drove 15 more minutes to get to the courthouse. There was a line of 2 people in front of me, took about 8 minutes. Then, the idea is they do the background check and you come back within 28 days to get your permit. But, she said I could just hang out for 15 more minutes and they'd take care of it.

There was a steady stream of people... it seemed to be about half pistol permit and half CCW.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

In Ohio I had to take a class to get a certificate, then the county sheriff did a background check and took my (nonexistent) fingerprints for my CC card.

Class was a joke... the crazy instructor (I'm talking maybe legit-crazy... he had 4 loaded weapons strapped to his body) gave out all the answers for the written test, one by one. So every yahoo in there passed, and most weren't the kind of people I would want carrying. And that was one class, in one particular gun shop, in one city. I have a feeling that in public we're constantly surrounded by people carrying, and most people have no idea.

I hope the background check weeded most of them out.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Gun Control catch all

Post by Cakedaddy »

I said the same thing about the people in my class. Many shouldn't have sharpened pencils, let alone loaded guns. However, they also couldn't hit a target. The full size silhouette target was setup at 15 feet. Some of them couldn't hit the target. I have always said, "at least I could just turn side ways and avoid getting shot by any of them".

I would estimate a 80% rate of their own guns being used against them. At that range, I could repeatedly fire three rounds (One in each lung and one to the head) in less than 1 second. One instructor even commented "That's really good". However, that's with no draw. That's 1 second with the clock starting with the first shot. Put me in a situation where I'm being charged, have to draw. . . I give myself about a 10-60% chance of success (10% chance of drawing and getting the shots off. 10-60% of winning the wrestling match over my own gun). So even though I was a really good shot, I'm no Wyatt Earp, so it's most likely going to result in a fight over my gun.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Wow, we had a 10-inch circle at 30ish feet. But, our 10-round revolver also had a laser sight, so. Yeah.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Well, maybe 15 or 20 feet. Hard to remember, now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Cake is a legit decent shot with a pistol.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

Gun Control catch all

Post by Cakedaddy »

What threat is 10 inches in diameter and 30 feet away?! Did they figure you'd need to shoot that Jame Bond villein's hat out of the air?

I'd bet that 30% of the people there had never fired a gun before. One woman had her revolver in a shoe box. She bought it from a pawn shop. She knew nothing about it. Including the caliber or how it worked. They loaned her a rental because they didn't want her shooting it there not knowing its history.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

A.heart or head, snap.

We all just used the crazy instructor's 10 round revolver.
Cakedaddy

Gun Control catch all

Post by Cakedaddy »

Doesn't explain the 30 feet. Unless they also have a gun, what's the threat?
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

In the very next post I claimed I could be wrong about the 30 feet. I didn't understand you hadn't read that yet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Babies killed in Philly over the weekend.

Here's the problem:
"I'm physically sick because just as a nation we can't protect our children," Pennsylvania state Rep. Movita Johnson-Harrell told CNN.
"It's not drug wars, it's not gang wars, it's petty thieves, it's people with no common sense and easy accessibility to guns. They don't know how to resolve their problems so they use guns... what they're doing is catching a whole lot of innocent people in the cross fire."
The representative said she is hopeful legislators will "be doing something very shortly" in terms of gun violence in Philadelphia.
"The people that make the decisions and hold the purse strings need to put themselves in the position of these families who now have to bury their loved ones,' she said. "This can't continue to be business as usual or politics as usual."
How is legislation going to prevent these shootings?

First of all, you're talking about people actively breaking the law. Do you really believe they won't break another law?

Secondly, I assure you that people breaking into homes in ghettos are not buying their guns legally.

Third, criminals don't typically use guns they bought legally because those guns can be traced.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

The tactic being used by the lawyers is interesting. Not sure it makes them accountable for the actions of one lunatic though.

I am concerned about the message being sent if they win. Fat fucks will now be able to sue McDonald's for making them fat among many other things.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: I am concerned about the message being sent if they win. Fat fucks will now be able to sue McDonald's for making them fat among many other things.
And suddenly, none of us will be allowed to eat steak, since babies can't chew it.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Yeah, I'm not sure what the basis of the suit will be. The product they sold worked exactly as it was designed to work.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Yeah, I'm not sure what the basis of the suit will be. The product they sold worked exactly as it was designed to work.
According to the article, Remington wasn't allowed to market it as a military style weapon, which the plaintiffs are claiming they did.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren