Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TPRJones wrote:Norwegians?
Those people are vicious.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

FBI releases documents on Sandy Hook.
One woman told investigators that she overheard Adam Lanza threaten his mother. She said that he "had an assault weapon and that she was scared of him." She said she overheard Lanza say that he "planned to kill his mother and children at Sandy Hook in Newtown, Connecticut."
Thing is, what can the cops do? Lock up someone because someone else said they heard them make a threat?
The person also told the FBI agent that Adam Lanza never accepted that he had Asperger's syndrome, a condition on the autism spectrum, and never took any medication he was prescribed.
That's not nothing. That plays into the theory that a lot of these shootings are happening because our country pretends mental health issues are "normal" now.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
One woman told investigators that she overheard Adam Lanza threaten his mother. She said that he "had an assault weapon and that she was scared of him." She said she overheard Lanza say that he "planned to kill his mother and children at Sandy Hook in Newtown, Connecticut."
Thing is, what can the cops do? Lock up someone because someone else said they heard them make a threat?
I don't know if they could have charged him with anything, but they probably could have had him committed for evaluation. At the very least, they could have spoken to him and his mother. Might have prompted her to ensure her firearms were secure. I guess my question isn't so much a "what could they do" but "did they do what they could?"
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: they probably could have had him committed for evaluation.
You clearly don't understand how bigoted you are against people who are mentally challenged. We don't lock people up anymore. We coddle them and celebrate their illness.

They could NOT have charged him with anything. Where's the proof? Someone claims to have overheard something? Cops can't arrest someone for that. Only the MSM has the power to act on accusations...

Ok, asked a cop and here is your answer:
Cop couldn't arrest him or commit him without evidence. If they thought there was something there, they could report it to Homeland Security because it would be domestic terrorism and cops no longer have jurisdiction. That's why the cops told the neighbor to call the FBI.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Still could have and should have contacted his mother. I'm pro police and not blaming them for this happening. But considering how little they can really do in a situation like this, probably would have been a good idea to tell his mother that they had a second hand report that he was threatening to kill her.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

The kid, literally, said it to her. What would her knowing the police knew do?

For as much as bad cops get away with, it always kind of stuns me at how limited our law enforcement is in this country. I certainly don't want freedoms hindered or taken away, but can it really be that difficult for different law enforcement agencies to simply share information? If only there were technologies that could make such communication super easy...

In other gun control news, when are we going to start demanding a car ban?
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: The kid, literally, said it to her. What would her knowing the police knew do?
I was not aware that he'd said that to his mother. I know if I were a police officer, I wouldn't feel too good about the situation if I hadn't at least reached out to the mother. Not saying it would have done any good, but I'd still need to have done it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Children protesting for gun control.

You know what's a horrible idea? Listening to children to set policy.

I love that the kids are being active in a cause, but they're essentially begging to have their own rights taken away. They might as well have signs saying "Please enslave me".

They could pass a law TODAY banning all guns, and it wouldn't stop guns from being available to criminals and mass shootings still happening.

In other news,
"Red Flag" policies?

I can get behind this idea.

In other other news, Trump is supporting improvements to background checks.

I wonder how many shootings they would have prevented if they banned teenagers and single men in their 30s+?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Gordon, I moved my post to a more appropriate thread. Here are your comments to it:
I saw a thing, people aren't against gun control. They still want police and military to have guns.

So really they are for disarming the public, and allowing the government, run by generally untouchable elites with their own troops, to be the only ones armed.

Either foolish, naive, evil, or one of the elites.

WHo controls the media again? Oh yeah the elites. Hmmmm.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Word.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Local gun range is selling ARs for $495. Thinking of getting one.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Local gun range is selling ARs for $495. Thinking of getting one.
I am going to inherit one someday.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

So... should I buy one before they get illegal?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Hard to say. It's all retarded because ARs do nothing that 50 other rifles don't do, they're just the popular one right now.
Cakedaddy

Gun Control catch all

Post by Cakedaddy »

Lowest I paid was $435 out the door for an S&W Sport. Basic AR. I bought it strictly for post ban sale. Won't be firing it. I have a SIG that I've had for a few years that I do fire. That one is my keeper. Unless I find a cooler one pre-ban and buy it and then I'll sell the SIG or something. But anyway, ya, I bought one for post ban sale. Anyone that shopped during the last ban knows that during bans, banned guns get very expensive. Even talk of bans cause prices to go up. And if they are banned, there may be some cost involved in inheriting one. To inherit a stamped full auto costs you $300 just for the tax stamp. Not sure if there are other fees (ATF applications or something?)

I've been shopping stamped full autos for a while. They are currently legal in MI. As are silencers. As are short barreled rifles. Each requiring a tax stamp. But, if you setup an NFA trust, you pay the tax once, and then different people can be executors of the trust and you don't have to re-stamp the weapon each time it changes hands. Because technically, the owner doesn't change. Only where they are storing the weapon(s). I would like to buy a full auto UZI with a silencer. But at $15-20k, haven't gotten around to it. 3 years ago, you could get them for $7-9k without the silencer. The Uzi seems to be the cheapest of the autos. Would LOVE a Thompson. But you can't touch them for less than $25k the last time I looked, which was a while ago. They used to be in the $15k range.

So, ya. Get them now if you want one. Probably not a great investment, etc. Because even post ban, I expect them to be in the 3k range. Because there are SO many of them. It's just about owning one before it's too late. If only I had asked my dad for an Uzi before 1986.
Cakedaddy

Gun Control catch all

Post by Cakedaddy »

GORDON wrote: Local gun range is selling ARs for $495. Thinking of getting one.
What brand/model? I bet they are already sold out if it's a good one. When I bought mine for $435, there were about 30 in the store, and about 50 people in line before the store opened. Also, members of the gun range were allowed to buy the day before. So no one knew how many were left. I went two hours early and was 5th in line. Turns out, there were only about 16 left. Quick search, looks like you can get the one I got for about $500 plus tax and maybe shipping.

OH, I also bought 30 round magazines, because bans.
Cakedaddy

Gun Control catch all

Post by Cakedaddy »

Also saw a short news video where they were interviewing a FL sheriff about full auto ARs, bump stocks, etc. He showed some basic differences between the guns showing the parts that a full auto weapon has that allow it to be full auto. He then has those parts in his hand (a few pieces of metal and some locking pins basically) and he points out that those are the only thing missing from a semi. He then says "And you can buy these online". You can also buy heroin. And children for you to have sex with. And someone to kill your wife.

Of course, if you can show you are law enforcement or military, you can buy them legitimately. But to imply that the average person can just go online with a credit card and buy the parts pissed me off.
Cakedaddy

Gun Control catch all

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well look at that. . . Thompsons have come down in price:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/750004301

There's another that's never been fired for $20k.