Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

*illegal immigrants
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Former U.S. Citizen and grandmother releases video about gun control.

Reality:

By the way, that Suicide stat way down at the bottom is responsible for 2/3 of all gun related deaths.

Lots of other senseless and preventable deaths on that list that nobody seems to give a fuck about. They just always go after the one that the founding fathers wanted us to have in case our government tried to take too much power from us.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Is there a chart of "death caused by others?" Cuz I have a feeling that's the part making people upset.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Plus a.disarmed populace is easier to.control.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Is there a chart of "death caused by others?" Cuz I have a feeling that's the part making people upset.
Our food is poison. Call me when that bugs them.

Drunk driving kills 29 people a day. Nobody gives a fuck.

People need to get some perspective.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Drunk driving kills 29 people a day. Nobody gives a fuck.
The 29 people driving, or innocent people? Cuz people do care about the latter.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Oh they do? My bad, I didn't realize all alcohol was illegal.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
MADD, etc...
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
MADD, etc...
I'm aware of that organization. My dad once got an award from them for having the most DUI arrests and a 100% conviction rate in the state of Ohio.

MADD exists because alcohol is legal.

I'm waiting for someone to say, "Well, drinking and driving is illegal", so I can counter with "So is shooting someone."
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

That's why I hate the "you can't yell fire in a crowded theater" argument. Yes you can. Not illegal. If someone get's hurt because of it and there isn't a fire, then that's a different story. But the act of yelling "fire" in a theater isn't illegal. Just like the act of killing someone with a gun is illegal. Having a voice box doesn't make you liable in the theater scenario. It's just a stupid line.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

The actual number, by your own link (and its Wiki, so...grain of salt), is 33,636.

21,175 of those are suicides, but they have to include those or their numbers don't look as good.

11,208 are homicides, which apparently includes all the "by cop" numbers. Because black lives matter (even though most people killed by cops are white).

Want to get shot? Live in a city, be in your teens/early 20s, be black, be male, and have a criminal record.

Also, look at the stats there. Without guns we're still some murdering motherfuckers. Maybe we need to examine why murder is so prevalent rather than blaming it on guns?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

P.S. Alcohol's numbers are much higher.

P.S.S. Our poisonous diet blows both out of the water. Too bad nobody gives a fuck.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The actual number, by your own link (and its Wiki, so...grain of salt), is 33,636.
The person wasn't killed, so I was just putting the # of people harmed by guns.

I guess we should add them up, though, and make it 106,000+ per year
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Still dwarfed by poverty and obesity.

Those things can't prevent a total government takeover though, so who cares?
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Also dwarfed by the people that defend themselves with firearms every year. Often without even firing a shot. A 12 gauge makes a very distinct sound when you chamber a shell and it will get an intruder's attention.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

When he was arrested, authorities said there was no indication Saenz used the guns in crimes.
Good thing they got him.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:
When he was arrested, authorities said there was no indication Saenz used the guns in crimes.
Good thing they got him.
I laughed at that too. To be fair though, a lot of his guns were obtained illegally, and he might have been a middle man between sellers, and say, gangs.