Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Also the Parkland shooter asked the school for help a year and a half before the shooting and his pleas were ignored. Hoping CNN will do another town hall with the school officials this time.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

People need to stop thinking school boards are in business to educate children. They're in business to spend tax money and get good state test scores, so they can get more money.

Educating children is just a side affect that they don't mind if it happens.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: People need to stop thinking school boards are in business to educate children. They're in business to spend tax money and get good state test scores, so they can get more money.

Educating children is just a side affect that they don't mind if it happens.
I wish this wasn't true.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Chicago is still a war zone.

Dems clearly don't give a fuck though since it's just black people shooting each other.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Politicians don't want to say that gun control isn't effective and/or that there might be a cultural aspect to some of this.
Cakedaddy

Gun Control catch all

Post by Cakedaddy »

I've heard them blame the surrounding communities. It's not that gun control isn't working there. It's that people can leave Chicago, easily obtain guns, then bring them back. So, gun control would work if everyone else controlled them too.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

I've heard that argument, but that's always sounded more like "people that really want a gun they aren't supposed to have will find a way to get one."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: I've heard them blame the surrounding communities. It's not that gun control isn't working there. It's that people can leave Chicago, easily obtain guns, then bring them back. So, gun control would work if everyone else controlled them too.
I've heard the same.

I really wish the government would control every aspect of our lives. Then we'd finally be safe...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: I've heard them blame the surrounding communities. It's not that gun control isn't working there. It's that people can leave Chicago, easily obtain guns, then bring them back. So, gun control would work if everyone else controlled them too.
Without respect to whether or not guns should be banned, this is a valid argument for the lack of effectiveness of gun control in a given area. You ban something in a small locality, that's easy to get elsewhere, and people will do just that.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Without respect to whether or not guns should be banned, this is a valid argument for the lack of effectiveness of gun control in a given area. You ban something in a small locality, that's easy to get elsewhere, and people will do just that.
It is, and it's the exact argument used to try and push a national ban.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

And the citizens within the city who obey the law have been disarmed in a war zone, and the police are powerless to do anything but write a report after the fact.

It's a travesty.

With the 50 new murders every weekend, can you imagine how many must go unpunished? For all intents and purposes, it's basically legal to kill people in Chicago, as long as you aren't recognizable on a camera while doing it.
Cakedaddy

Gun Control catch all

Post by Cakedaddy »

I would argue that arming citizens in Chicago wouldn't change much. Unless all the targets are unarmed innocents. I'm assuming, with no real knowledge at all, that most of the violence is piece of shit on piece of shit or criminal on criminal, or gang related, etc. I would also bet most of the people getting killed probably have an illegal gun as well, just maybe not on them at their time of death.

Chicago is just full of really shitty people who think shooting people is the best way to make their point. Gun control or no gun control. There's no fixing Chicago.

I have to agree with the gun control people. If there were no more guns, anywhere. They were just ALL gone. Yes, gun violence would go down. But current gun control laws are about as effective on gun violence as banning straws in America is on the pile of garbage that the sea turtles are eating. There will always be guns. Always. Always. Just when you think all of the guns are gone. There will still be guns. I think it would be easier to just convince everyone to just get along and love each other than it would be to get rid of all of the guns.
Last edited by Cakedaddy on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Well, if you're looking to get the last word in the argument....

It doesn't seem that you have much to lose by just killing peeps.
Cakedaddy

Gun Control catch all

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya, but what if the guys says "Fuck you", then dies before you can respond. Does tea bagging the corpse count as the last word when arguing with the dead guy?
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

I think it counts.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

We have more firearms in the hands of private citizens than the military. The guns aren't going away.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: I have to agree with the gun control people. If there were no more guns, anywhere. They were just ALL gone. Yes, gun violence would go down. But current gun control laws are about as effective on gun violence as banning straws in America is on the pile of garbage that the sea turtles are eating. There will always be guns. Always. Always. Just when you think all of the guns are gone. There will still be guns. I think it would be easier to just convince everyone to just get along and love each other than it would be to get rid of all of the guns.
Vince wrote: The guns aren't going away.
Truth, and it's why gun control laws are completely pointless.

Even if you somehow ban them all here, now you have to ban them all everywhere, and that's not happening.

I mean drugs are illegal and I can go score anything you want in about 10 minutes. It's illegal to come into the U.S. without permission, yet we have over 11 million illegal immigrants here.

Laws don't stop evil.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Thought about putting this in Games, but let's leave real world shit like this out of there...

Madden 19 tournament results in mass shooting.

Suspect is dead (video with audio of the shooting at this link)
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

In a related note, I broke down and bought Madden 19. Mainly because it was the first time it's been offered on PC in years, and I wanted to support that direction. Plus, it's been years since I've played a football video game.

Last night I was playing and watching the game cheat, and it's blatantly obvious when it does, and thought, "I now remember how mad playing these games make me."
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Thought about putting this in Games, but let's leave real world shit like this out of there...

Madden 19 tournament results in mass shooting.

Suspect is dead (video with audio of the shooting at this link)
My understanding is that the facility didn't have security. It seems horribly irresponsible to have a gun free venue with no security.