Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You can argue it'd be tough for him to come up with 10% of 2,000,000, but that's a moo point. The option was there for him to walk.
I'm guessing there are timing considerations as well since he can be held up to 24 hours for no reason, like I don't think bail is that instant. I could be wrong, I've never been arrested. Where's malcolm when we need him?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

So the 10% thing is apparently the money needed by a bail bondsman to ensure you don't leave town. They gamble that you won't run from the law. Apparently, it's a good business or it wouldn't be a business.

But yeah, it's bail and it's that instant. The minute bond is set you are eligible to pay it and get out.

The 24 hour thing is without charges.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: So the 10% thing is apparently the money needed by a bail bondsman to ensure you don't leave town. They gamble that you won't run from the law. Apparently, it's a good business or it wouldn't be a business.
And what bondsman do you think would take 10% on THAT GUY?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: So the 10% thing is apparently the money needed by a bail bondsman to ensure you don't leave town. They gamble that you won't run from the law. Apparently, it's a good business or it wouldn't be a business.
And what bondsman do you think would take 10% on THAT GUY?
Someone would. Someone did on OJ. Remember, it's the family or friends who typically raise the money. I think they usually sign something that says they're on the hook for payment if the person runs.

Back to gun control stuff, I don't know the validity of this site, but CDC research seems to suggest guns are used defensively far more often than offensively.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Dem from Cali wants to "force" gun owners to get rid of assault weapons.

Yep, this is going to end nice and peacefully...
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Today's school shooting brought to you by Texas.

This is going to be a tough one for gun control people because it sounds like a shotgun was used. Trying to say banning shotguns would have stopped this from happening means they would have to admit they want ALL guns banned. Additionally, the fact that explosives were also found means this person was already using something illegal and banned. That would showcase what a useless gesture a ban truly represents.

Anti-gun people can spout off all they want, but banning ALL guns right this second will NOT stop another shooting. It would take decades to safely and peacefully remove guns from society and deal with all the inevitable lawsuits.

We need a real solution immediately.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Like?
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Scooping up.the crazy people.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Scooping up.the crazy people.
Leisher said real solution
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Banning all guns?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Banning all guns?
Probably more real than the other one.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Start with disarming the government, and I'll support it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Start with disarming the government, and I'll support it.
Disarm China, Russia, and Canada, and I'll support that.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Deal.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Like?
Honestly, the solution that could be done by the beginning of the next school year is trained and armed personnel in schools.

Removing a right from the citizens with guns is not going to end without blood. That debate is going to continue on for decades, and even if passed tomorrow, wouldn't mean gun violence is leaving any time soon. Look at the massacre that just happened in Australia where guns have been illegal forever and there aren't millions of them to be found everywhere.

Also, bringing back mental health institutions and giving power back to authorities and doctors to actually commit people isn't something that will happen overnight either.

So we either sit back and give jaw service to the issue or we take steps to TRY and do SOMETHING. Got a better, and more importantly, realistic idea?
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

I like idea of attack dogs that go for guns.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

What the fuck?
A source told NBC Charlotte that Roger Self brought his family into Surf and Turf Lodge, sat the family down, left the restaurant and then intentionally drove his car into the restaurant.