Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

I still say the US military wouldn't fire on US citizens on US soil. Even if they were threatened to be firing squaded due to dereliction of duty, their families would still be turned on, if they followed orders.

Won't happen. My dollar says the military would stand down and just keep an eye on the borders.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Woman speaks to Congress about gun control. You can hear the politicians not listening...

Best bit:
"Americans use firearms to defend themselves between 500,000 and two million times every year. God forbid that my mother is ever faced with a scenario where she has to stop a threat to her life. But if she is, I hope politicians protected by professional armed security didn't strip her of the right to use the firearm she can handle most competently." – Amy Swearer
https://youtu.be/HZmkv-5jnW0
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

The two men walked into the Tequila KC bar around 1:30 a.m. Sunday (2:20 a.m. ET) with handguns and started shooting, police said.
Sorry Catt, handguns were used so nobody gives a fuck.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
The two men walked into the Tequila KC bar around 1:30 a.m. Sunday (2:20 a.m. ET) with handguns and started shooting, police said.
Sorry Catt, handguns were used so nobody gives a fuck.
Strangely, my state gives a fuck. I still don't have a handgun license cuz it's so inconvenient.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

What do they do different from other states?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What do they do different from other states?
You have to go to the county sheriff and get a license in person. After you have already applied for said license, in person. I don't know what other states do or do not require such stuff.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

It's usually like getting a drivers' license for the first time. A lot of hassle and then pretty easy after the initial hassle.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: It's usually like getting a drivers' license for the first time. A lot of hassle and then pretty easy after the initial hassle.
I can get a driver's license a billion places with free parking and an appointment. Only one place for this handgun permit, though, and no free parking.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

I have zero issue with anyone facing an additional step to get a gun. I'm in favor of giving people hoops to jump through so we can ensure bad people aren't getting guns.

My issue lies is both trying to take away another of our rights, the lie or ignorant belief that banning guns will fix the issue, and the lie that they aren't eventually going to come for all of our guns.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm in favor of giving people hoops to jump through so we can ensure bad people aren't getting guns.
Why do you hate freedom, Leisher?

They could at least have multiple places to get the permit.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: It's usually like getting a drivers' license for the first time. A lot of hassle and then pretty easy after the initial hassle.
I can get a driver's license a billion places with free parking and an appointment. Only one place for this handgun permit, though, and no free parking.
Your state sucks.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Your state sucks.
It does strike me as odd for NC.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Why do you hate freedom, Leisher?
I'm a super big fan of MY freedom. Not so much for anyone else.

But seriously, sell bazookas for all I fucking care, but just prevent the crazies from getting them legally.

"Hi, I just left the insane asylum and found out I lost my job. Can you sell me that AK-47 on the wall and all the ammo I need?" <--That guy doesn't need a gun.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

I have a dollar saying they're both illegals.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I have a dollar saying they're both illegals.
I think you mean "Mexican nationals"
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Random dude points out Sheila Jackson's errors in talking about guns. Important because she's drafting gun control legislation.

She reminds me of Steve Carrol in The 40 Year Old Virgin talking about a woman's boobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfHw7kulX2Q
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »