Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Malcolm

Re: Gun Control catch all

Post by Malcolm »

You're quite the constitutional activist, V. I guess the second amendment only applies to muzzle loaders and large smooth-bore cannon. Eh, blades and blunt weapons, too. But nothing more because those were "arms" back then. They weren't anticipating the modern nuances.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Four bills dead in Senate.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Malcolm wrote:You're quite the constitutional activist, V. I guess the second amendment only applies to muzzle loaders and large smooth-bore cannon. Eh, blades and blunt weapons, too. But nothing more because those were "arms" back then. They weren't anticipating the modern nuances.
Way to miss my point there slick. I was saying that you are misconstruing what "secure in their persons" meant at that time. not what it related to. Kind of like saying, "smoking a fag in public" has an entirely different meaning today (especially in Orlando) than it did 80 years ago.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hey, back then "arms" had an equally specific meaning.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Remember when Ted Cruz was the most evil man on the planet for shitting down the government (even though only the House can do that). Why is the press getting all giddy about the Democrats preventing the House from doing "the people's work"? Don't get me wrong, I think they are useful idiots. The longer they stop anything from happening up there the better off we all are.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Ironic that Hillary's IT guy invoked the 5th amendment 125 times in 90 minutes while the Democrats in the House are trying to gut the 5th Amendment.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I called it week 1: IT guy thrown under bus. ALl his fault.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Tweet
Ben Shapiro‏@benshapiro

Conservatives believe government action is an obstacle to our freedom. Leftists believe our freedom is an obstacle to government action.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Steven Crowder Takes SkyNews Host To School, And Things Get A Little Heated

Well worth the watch. Media is so ignorant of firearms. Crowder just dismantles this guy.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

What an ignorant bitch. I feel sorry for your kids who are going to become adults just as fucked in the head as you.
Politicians – take a look. This is your child, your children, your grandchildren, your great grand children and future generations to come. They will live their lives and grow up in this world based on your decisions. They are barely 3 and they will hide in bathroom stalls standing on top of toilet seats. I do not know what will be harder for them? Trying to remain quiet for an extended amount of time or trying to keep their balance without letting a foot slip below the stall door?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That certainly is a scary scenario she is painting for us. Good thing she isn't a fear-mongering conservative.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:That certainly is a scary scenario she is painting for us. Good thing she isn't a fear-mongering conservative.
They monger just as much fear as they other side.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

But they are so much quicker to accuse the other side of using fear.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:But they are so much quicker to accuse the other side of using fear.
The pachyderms have nominated Trump, a dude who's sole speaking tactics are limited to scare tactics and name calling.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So are you a liberal accusing him of using fear right after you said both sides use fear equally? I am losing track.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:So are you a liberal accusing him of using fear right after you said both sides use fear equally? I am losing track.
No.
But they are so much quicker to accuse the other side of using fear.
I'm someone who's saying that statement directly above isn't the case. Hence my claim of equality.
They monger just as much fear as they other side.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I think this election is going to be both sides fear mongering about electing the other guy. Sadly, they're both right.

Back on topic, can we also tie not being allowed on Facebook and voting to being on the "terror watchlist"?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Vince wrote:I think this election is going to be both sides fear mongering about electing the other guy. Sadly, they're both right.

Back on topic, can we also tie not being allowed on Facebook and voting to being on the "terror watchlist"?
Shit, I don't do either of those right now.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I don't Facebook either. As for the voting, you can petition the state to get that reinstated depending on where you live :wink:
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:I'm someone who's saying that statement directly above isn't the case. Hence my claim of equality.
I disagree.

GEORGE W BUSH IS GOING TO BRING BACK THE DRAFT FOR HIS WARS.

MITT ROMNEY HATES WOMEN AND WANTS TO MAKE TAMPONS ILLEGAL.

GLOBAL WARMING IS GOING TO KILL US ALL IF YOU DONT STOP DRIVING THAT SUV.

SARAH PALIN IS SO STUPID AND SHE WILL BE A HEARTBEAT AWAY FROM THE PRESIDENCY WHEN MCCAIN DIES IN OFFICE WHICH IS A SURE THING, SHE EVEN SAID SHE CAN SEE RUSSIA FROM HER HOUSE ONCE, SWEARSIES REALSIES.

WE HAVE TO BAN GUNS BECAUSE OUR KIDS ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.

Those are just 5 quick examples from the top of my head, things I have actually been told in the last 10 years, in spite of the left's go-to of "republicans just fear monger for votes." Besides hating muslims and immigrants, what are the fear mongering things Trump is bringing?