Black Lives Matter

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Lives Matter

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by Leisher »

Wyclef Jean suggest all lives matter and the black community attacks him.

I will always enjoy listening to people explain how "all lives don't matter".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I fucking love fried chicken. I'd fistbump Jerry over a 4-piece.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Whatever, if people get offended by (almost anything) this shit, fuck em.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm think it is a sign of mental illness. There's no way "perpetually offended" can be healthy.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:I'm think it is a sign of mental illness. There's no way "perpetually offended" can be healthy.
On that contrary, it seems to be a sign of sanity. There's plenty in this world that offends. It's a matter of picking the right fuel for the fires of hatred.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Picking and choosing which thing you will impotently rage against.... nope, not convinced.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:Picking and choosing which thing you will impotently rage against.... nope, not convinced.
Just because you're resigned to impotence doesn't mean everyone is.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:Picking and choosing which thing you will impotently rage against.... nope, not convinced.
Agreed.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:
Agreed.
Such thinking is wasteful and lazy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Agreed.
Whereas the rage is TOTALLY useful.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Agreed.
Whereas the rage is TOTALLY useful.
I find your lack of imagination disturbing.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Individuals can't change shit, aside from 5 or 6 historical outliers (or whatever). Comit the energy to the small things you can change, and abide.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:Individuals can't change shit, aside from 5 or 6 historical outliers (or whatever). Comit the energy to the small things you can change, and abide.
Not with that attitude.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Not with any attitude. It's practically a mathematical impossibility.
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Lives Matter

Post by Leisher »

As Catt and I discuss Nike/Kaep (although, we're arguing from the same side so we're mostly just killing time), as pastors discuss race at Aretha's funeral, as everyone who doesn't vote Democrat is painted as a racist, and as the Black Lives Matter movement continues to fight for "justice", the FBI has released their crime stats from 2016.

Black people are unquestionably being murdered more than other races.
Nearly 900 additional blacks were killed in 2016 compared with 2015, bringing the black homicide victim total to 7,881. Those 7,881 “black bodies,” in the parlance of Ta-Nehisi Coates, are 1,305 more than the number of white victims (which in this case includes most Hispanics) for the same period, though blacks are only 13 percent of the nation’s population.
However...while Black Lives Matter is out there fighting against oppression from police, only 233 of those deaths are by police. Guess who killed the most black people. Hint: Aretha Franklin's pastor knows and got criticized for saying it.

Meanwhile, let's look at some stats you never hear about:
In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.
Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population. That 18.5 ratio undoubtedly worsened in 2016, in light of the 53 percent increase in gun murders of officers — committed vastly and disproportionately by black males.
Meanwhile, property and violent crime are up, and we've already covered elsewhere that cops are far less likely to get out of their cars or question suspicious people due to the MSM and BLM.

So yay!

Quotes from here. Yeah, I know, it's the Post, but CNN certainly wasn't going to publish those stats.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Black Lives Matter

Post by TheCatt »

I always wonder why the answer to more things isn't "Don't commit crimes"
GORDON
Site Admin

Black Lives Matter

Post by GORDON »

Agree with that 100%.

Also still believe police should be held to a higher standard, including being fired for being afraid to get out of their car to do their job.
Cakedaddy

Black Lives Matter

Post by Cakedaddy »

But when you get fired for doing it. . . Also, they are giving them what they want. "Stop harassing us". Somehow, the police are supposed to be 100% accurate in who they approach.

Still approach and question people. But only the criminals.