Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I vote every white person whose family has been in this country for over 20 years, and has over $500k in assets, has to give half of their assets, and half income for the next 20 years, to any person of color whose family has been in this country for over 20 years.
I feel like I already did that by marrying a non-white (by your definition). So I'll just consider us good.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Nope, that was addressed, white devil.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote:
Leisher wrote: I'd enjoy discussing it, but not today.
Just know that when you do, you'll be wrong.
Well, I know for a fact it's bigoted as hell because I never stated my position, yet your pre-judgment assigned me one.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Well, I know for a fact it's bigoted as hell because I never stated my position, yet your pre-judgment assigned me one.
lol
Cakedaddy

Today in racism

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: yet your pre-judgment assigned me one.
No I didn't!
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

"All white people are racist."

https://medium.com/age-of-awareness/yes ... fa97cc5605

"Only Sith deal in absolutes."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

That's some ignorant shit right there. So smug that it's completely blind to the fact that it's as racist as it gets.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Did yall read it?
Cakedaddy

Today in racism

Post by Cakedaddy »

I started to. Read for a while (it's way long). I didn't see a point coming any time soon and lost interest. Started skimming, looking for the point. I just kept seeing "You are racist".

I can agree, somewhat. We ALL (everyone, no matter what race they are, including the writer) have prejudices. I would label many of them as bigotry instead of racism though. Is there a difference between bigotry and racism? Anyway, again, sure, we all have 'thoughts' that would make us all racist. But again, what's your point? Did she ever get to one?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

"If you're white, and haven't killed yourself, then you have come up in and supported a society that has been rigged against black people. You are racist."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: "If you're white,and haven't killed yourself, then you have come up in and supported a society that has been rigged against black people. You are racist."
That's a good summary, aside from the start. I think she's saying that whites are implicitly racist, having benefited from a biased system that they do not fix.
Cakedaddy wrote: Read for a while (it's way long). I didn't see a point coming any time soon and lost interest.
Yeah... She could have said it in like 200 words, tops.
Cakedaddy

Today in racism

Post by Cakedaddy »

Meh. I'd call me more lazy than racist. I'm not 'not changing things' because I don't like black people. It's because I don't feel like working hard enough to actually make a difference. I'm all for supporting change to help the less fortunate. Just make it easy for me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

I read a bit of it, which is plenty since after about 2 paragraphs it just repeats itself over and over.
TheCatt wrote: That's a good summary, aside from the start. I think she's saying that whites are implicitly racist, having benefited from a biased system that they do not fix.
And that conclusion makes her a racist. Benefiting from "racism", especially if you're completely and utterly unaware of it, is not racism. Also, hard to be racist when the population of your ________ is all one color and you're only competing against people that look just like you.

Is everyone in the Congo a racist? China? (China is probably a bad example...) Norway? Pretty easy to not be racist when everyone looks like you, huh? Please note the non-Americans who pointed out her article was complete bullshit in the comments. (Point being, it's not just U.S. whiteys "being defensive".)

I'm sure the 11 Italians who were lynched in New Orleans in the early 1900s for treating black people as equals would be thrilled to read this article and learn what racists they were. (Largest lynching in U.S. history.) Perhaps all the Irish slaves would like to drop in with their opinions? Gay people? Jewish people? And so on.

Hey, what's the term for people who blame all of their problems on people who don't look the same?

One sided and unscientific trash like this isn't going to "heal" shit. It only further divides.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: And that conclusion makes her a racist.
I dont think so.
Leisher wrote: Benefiting from "racism", especially if you're completely and utterly unaware of it, is not racism.
Argue with her, not me.
Leisher wrote: China
From what I've heard: Yes. Very much so.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I dont think so.
TheCatt wrote: Argue with her, not me.
She's not here, and she made it quite clear that if I disagree with her, I'm racist. Hard to argue with someone that open minded. Plus, she completely outs herself as a bigoted moron as soon as she says, "There's no such thing as reverse racism." The key there being that she didn't follow it up with "racism is simply racism", and instead quoted an opinion piece from The Atlantic making the case that it's ok for black people to be bigoted against white people.

Not a great way to start an article. She should probably spend less time smugly spouting opinions and spend more time reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People".
TheCatt wrote: From what I've heard: Yes. Very much so.
Ditto.

In fact, like black people in the U.S., Asians have a tiered structure of racism based on skin color. It's fun when people are racist among themselves.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: "There's no such thing as reverse racism."
She's building on her argument. And in that argument, structural racism is a zero sum game, whites are currently winning, ergo, they are the only racists.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Everyone knows the Sneetches with stars on their bellies are superior.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: She's building on her argument. And in that argument, structural racism is a zero sum game,
You don't get to declare who can be racist and who isn't based on the population of whatever you deem to be important for your argument.

Whites aren't the majority on the planet.
Whites are the majority here in the U.S.
Whites are NOT the majority everywhere in the U.S.
TheCatt wrote: whites are currently winning, ergo, they are the only racists.
I know white families that have faced daily racism in U.S. towns where whitey wasn't the majority. Racism is racism.

P.S. You're a misogynist.

Update: Based just on her logic, that P.S. should also include homophobe, pedophile, religious zealot, and anti-environment selfish asshole.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Let the idiots identify themselves...