Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Those are interesting numbers
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

This ignorant tweet (Yes, it IS ignorant, but that doesn't also mean hateful) got 30K likes and counting. However, read the responses, he's completely wrong. In fact, the comic book nerds responding can only name two black superheroes with black in the name.

The fact that 30K liked it and probably didn't read the responses that prove him wrong, and worse still are probably now repeating it as fact, is one of the reasons racism continues to be an issue.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Goddam white people.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

I guess this is why we're not supposed to judge people by their skin color?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Lol. Man, Indians sure judge each other by skin color.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Man, Indians sure judge each other by skin color.
So do black people, but we're not allowed to talk about that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

No idea where else to put this, so uh...BLM?

(It IS interesting that doing this to protesters results in national coverage, but doing it here and crickets.)
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I'm wondering which one didn't give the appropriate props that started all that.
Cakedaddy

Today in racism

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm wondering who drives into a crowd and stops, with their door unlocked.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Racial inequality is as deadly or more so than C-19.

Is it ethical to run this narrative without mentioning the overwhelming #1 cause of death for black men among about a billion other factors? No. No it's not, but "This is CNN" (I typed that in my best James Earl Jones voice).
Troy

Today in racism

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: I guess this is why we're not supposed to judge people by their skin color?
Hey I noticed for some strange reason, Nikki dropped her super Sikh sounding maiden name during the election she won Governor in SC. Wonder how and why that worked out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Woman slaps black child calls him a <something?>
A white woman is facing felony child abuse charges after police say she slapped an 11-year-old Black child and called him a racist slur after his go-kart bumped hers at a Florida amusement park.

Boca Raton police say in court records that Haley Zager, 30, and the boy were driving go-karts at the Boomers amusement park Saturday night when they accidentally collided. They say Zager confronted the child after the ride and, in the presence of three Boomers employees, slapped him in the face, using a racist slur to justify the strike to bystanders.

Court records say Zager admitted to officers that she struck the child, who had a swollen eye, but denied using the slur. Police say they also found a container of pills in her underwear and charged her will illegal possession of prescription drugs.

Zager was released on her own recognizance Monday. Her public defender did not immediately respond to an email Wednesday morning seeking comment.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Hey I noticed for some strange reason, Nikki dropped her super Sikh sounding maiden name during the election she won Governor in SC. Wonder how and why that worked out.
Lots of politicians on both sides have done that.

I assume a lot of them do so for personal choice, like Clinton and Carter, but others probably drop names that Joe Public might have trouble pronouncing. I think I've read somewhere before that is exactly why such things happen?

Or were you just implying that the country is racist and that's why she dropped her name?

Speaking of our racist country...

BLM protestors bully diners into showing support. Check out the picture. It's both hilariously white, and horrifyingly fascist.
Troy

Today in racism

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
Unread postby Leisher » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:08 am
Yeah, actions speak a lot louder than words. I don't blame her for effectively white-washing herself to run in racist-as-fuck South Carolina. Obviously it worked.

But then to go on and say America isn't a racist is a joke. The south is the worst I've experienced, but it's everywhere.

It's kind of similar to her about face concerning Trump post 2016, come to think of it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote:
Leisher wrote:
Unread postby Leisher » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:08 am
"Unread postby"? Did you add that or did the quote button?

As for the country is racist stuff, I agree and disagree, but it's too big a thought to get into right now. It's the end of a long, bad day.

I do think "Is the U.S. racist?" is a really multifaceted question loaded with pitfalls no matter what answer you give. I'd enjoy discussing it, but not today.
Cakedaddy

Today in racism

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: I'd enjoy discussing it, but not today.
Just know that when you do, you'll be wrong.
Troy

Today in racism

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote:
Leisher wrote: I'd enjoy discussing it, but not today.
Just know that when you do, you'll be wrong.
@ Cake This is weak, it's like when the pitcher who has been talking shit all game pinch hits and sits in the dugout.

@ Leisher I'm totally down to discuss it, but i guess I need to go first:

The USA has an incredibly deep history of racism, segregation, and repression of non WAPs. Generations and generations of it. Just because Obama got two terms while wearing a tan suit, doesn't mean he somehow had a magic wand he used on his way out to fix generations of economic and social policies.
Last edited by Troy on Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Obama got two terms and wore a tan suit
Please don't remind me of that horror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrTf6CaTTc0
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I vote every white person whose family has been in this country for over 20 years, and has over $500k in assets, has to give half of their assets, and half income for the next 20 years, to any person of color whose family has been in this country for over 20 years.

"White person" is defined as anyone 51% or more, caucasian. This exempts those unfortunate half black/white, hispanic/white children whose non-white parent was tricked and taken advantage of by a white devil into mating, probably via rape, of the last generation.

There, that will fix generations of racist economic and social policies. Only thing to do beyond that is to snatch them up as infants and remove them from the culture of failure, which is also super racist. It's even racist to imply they aren't able to succeed on their own.

Any and all white people who utter the N-Word will have their tongues cut out. Any white person who complains about this fix will be sent to a reeducation camp until they see things correctly.

GORDON 2020.