Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

I remember when Craig got fired on his day off for stealing boxes...
TheCatt wrote: Also, I never understood watermelon + fried chicken being racist.
Me either. What kind of psycho doesn't like those things?
TheCatt wrote: One of the cups was labeled “robs people.” The male student fills this cup multiple times implying that black people rob “specifically whites” very often despite the fact that crime statistics show that most crimes are intraracial.
Not to discount the rest of what this person is saying, but this is spin. Yes, most crimes are intraracial, however the instances of black on white crime is much higher than vice versa. Also, 2017 crime statistics show that black people were responsible for 54.3% of all robberies, so... :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Georgia reopening their economy is racist and an attack on black people.
And he says it's no coincidence that the businesses being reopened -- including barbershops, nail salons and churches -- are communal gathering places for black residents.
I guess white people don't get their hair done, nails did, or go to church?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Black man killed. With video.

Another black man killed.

Both by white people.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

“White people can get away with killing a black man by saying they were afraid,” She said.
Ummmmmmmmm........ isn't "I was in fear for my life" literally the only justification for anyone shooting anyone, ever?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
“White people can get away with killing a black man by saying they were afraid,” She said.
Ummmmmmmmm........ isn't "I was in fear for my life" literally the only justification for anyone shooting anyone, ever?
But saying you're afraid isn't the same as being afraid, for one thing. In both circumstances, white people brought guns to a situation that didn't need them, but go ahead and criticize the black person's quote.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Is that what I was doing?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Is that what I was doing?
I thought so, but I'm sleep-deprived. The youngest kid's GI issues have flared up horribly.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Murder charges.
Cakedaddy

Today in racism

Post by Cakedaddy »

TONS of missing info from the first video. There MUST have been something leading up to it because why is a driver filming while driving down the road? Did he pass a white pickup with multiple armed men in it, turn around and start filming to investigate? Or was he a party to the whole thing and figured "Fuck. This got out of hand real quick." and became innocent bystander #1? Since when can armed citizens perform a citizens arrest? I've heard from the movies there is such a thing. But what are the circumstances that would be allowed, let alone while armed? In Michigan, if I witness someone coming out of MY house carrying MY belongings, I can't even pull my weapon and yell "FREEZE!". I'm brandishing. You can't draw a weapon unless you are threatened. And you are drawing it to fire, not to warn off an attack. At least that's what I was taught in CPL class. That first video is ALL kinds of fucked up. We do NOT need random armed people confronting people like that.
Troy

Today in racism

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Murder charges.
His story is extra dog shit.

The first, Georgia, video is bad - the second vehicle is with the first group. Like an armed posse Klan style. State PD and feds need to get on that.
The McMichaels claim they suspected Arbery was a burglar and chased him down, attempting to perform a citizen’s arrest.

According to the police report, the McMichaels said they spotted Arbery and thought he resembled the suspect in a series of break-ins in the neighborhood, according to the BBC. They armed themselves and got into a white pick-up truck to give chase. Greg McMichael said once they caught up to Arbery, they told him to stop so they could talk to him, after which Arbery “violently” attacked his son during the confrontation, attempting to take Travis’ shotgun when Travis shot him twice.
If I was running down the road minding my business and a bunch of dudes jumped out of the car with guns I like to think I would do what he did and fight back, not curl up in a ball. Murder charges all around, imo.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: In Michigan, if I witness someone coming out of MY house carrying MY belongings, I can't even pull my weapon and yell "FREEZE!". I'm brandishing.
Same in NC.
Cakedaddy wrote: We do NOT need random armed people confronting people like that.
Agreed.

I don't know what I would do if someone pulled a gun on me, but I just might get irrational and a big fat adrenaline spike.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

It all seems open and shut to me. Not sure about murder though. It'll probably be dropped to manslaughter.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It all seems open and shut to me. Not sure about murder though. It'll probably be dropped to manslaughter.
It should be murder as they demonstrated reckless intent by initiating the confrontations, when they should have just called the police.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Justice for trayvon.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

For the one with the video
Nearly three months after the killing, no arrests have been made and no charges have been filed in the case.
Didn;t realize it had been that long.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Justice for trayvon.
I have no idea what you are trying to say here
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: It all seems open and shut to me. Not sure about murder though. It'll probably be dropped to manslaughter.
It should be murder as they demonstrated reckless intent by initiating the confrontations, when they should have just called the police.
I'm no lawyer, but I think it could be argued that their intent was not malicious. So while you are correct, manslaughter would be the more appropriate charge.
TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: Justice for trayvon.
I have no idea what you are trying to say here
I think he's saying the incidents are similar.
Cakedaddy

Today in racism

Post by Cakedaddy »

I think he's saying that white people should be able to shoot black people in their neighborhoods.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: I think he's saying that white people should be able to shoot black people in their neighborhoods.
Wait...we're not?
Troy

Today in racism

Post by Troy »

State police on it.