Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: That being said, based upon the article's account of how the people were acting, they should have been tossed. That level of cartoonish racism is baffling.
When it's that over the top, I always suspect things aren't what they seem. There's no way that group of people got this far in life being that overtly racist.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: There's no way that group of people got this far in life being that overtly racist.
Have you been to Indiana?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: There's no way that group of people got this far in life being that overtly racist.
Or South Central LA? Or the South Side of Chicago? Or anywhere in New York where the street numbers hit triple digits? Or the Texas-Mexico border? Or an Asian run nail parlor? Or an Asian owned convenience store?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Or South Central LA? Or the South Side of Chicago? Or anywhere in New York where the street numbers hit triple digits? Or the Texas-Mexico border? Or an Asian run nail parlor? Or an Asian owned convenience store?
Only to the South Side. And didn't get any grief.
Leisher wrote: Or an Asian owned convenience store?
Well, yes, but I've never had any grief here either.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
A lot. And Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, Kentucky, Florida, north Carolina, and more. I've never seen that kind of public, overt racism. That looks like someone selling something.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Only to the South Side. And didn't get any grief.
Well, your counter only has credibility if EVERY place and person in Indiana is overtly racist.
TheCatt wrote: Well, yes, but I've never had any grief here either.
Now try while being black.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Well, he mentioned Indiana. I hear white people aren't too welcome in Gary.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Are you attracted to someone of another race?

That's racist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Are you attracted to someone of another race?

That's racist.
I'd say something like "Man, I wish there were no race," but even when America has neighborhoods of various "White " people they still hated each other for their nationality, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

On the reddit femninism (men suck!) sub, more an more you hear, "I found out my boyfriend has yellow fever and that's disgusting."

"Had an asian girlfriend once" = "Yellow Fever," more and more often. You know how definitions change.

Hell, I once saw a post by an asian woman. Paraphrased: "I post on tinder because i am in a phd program, and i don't have time for a relationship. I just want the occasional fuck and cuddle. But all these men keep contacting me and say they are attracted to my asian features. OMG how do i find a man without yellow fever, they are disgusting."

CHick is insane.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Hell, I once saw a post by an asian woman. Paraphrased: "I post on tinder because i am in a phd program, and i don't have time for a relationship. I just want the occasional fuck and cuddle. But all these men keep contacting me and say they are attracted to my asian features. OMG how do i find a man without yellow fever, they are disgusting."
That's like a fat girl who is turned off by chubby chasers.

I know there's a form of racism/bigotry against one's own "whatever", and this has to be a part of that.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: Hell, I once saw a post by an asian woman. Paraphrased: "I post on tinder because i am in a phd program, and i don't have time for a relationship. I just want the occasional fuck and cuddle. But all these men keep contacting me and say they are attracted to my asian features. OMG how do i find a man without yellow fever, they are disgusting."
That's like a fat girl who is turned off by chubby chasers.

I know there's a form of racism/bigotry against one's own "whatever", and this has to be a part of that.
She literally is looking for a superficial sexual relationship based on visual/physical attractiveness, and doesn't want anyone who finds her visually/physically attractive.

I repeat, the chick is insane.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: She literally is looking for a superficial sexual relationship based on visual/physical attractiveness, and doesn't want anyone who finds her visually/physically attractive.

Yes
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: She literally is looking for a superficial sexual relationship based on visual/physical attractiveness, and doesn't want anyone who finds her visually/physically attractive.

Yes
Which is fine. The disconcerting thing is that she gets 10k upvotes on reddit, with 10k other women using that as yet another example of why men are subhuman scum.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: On the reddit femninism (men suck!) sub, more an more you hear, "I found out my boyfriend has yellow fever and that's disgusting."
Here's a recent one.
My fiancée and I got engaged last month after dating for 3 years. She’s really great. She’s Japanese but was born in America.

Today she called me into the living room while I was just fucking around with the cat and showed me a text she got from a friend of mine, it was long but essentially said that I have a fetish for Asian women. She got this because my last three girlfriends(including my fiancee) have been Asian. But that’s not because I have a fetish, it’s because I live in a high percentage Asian area and a bit of luck. I’ve dated a lot of white girls and various other ethnicities as well.

My fiancée asked if it was true and I explained, and fortunately she was really cool about it and said that even if I did have a thing for Asian women she didn’t really care at this point since I’ve never done anything weird.

But I was really pissed off with my friend so later I called her and yelled at her that she shouldn’t be telling my fiancée lies like that behind my back, and if she thinks there’s a problem she can talk to me about it. She got defensive and said that she has an obligation to try and help women she knows from making possible mistakes, and she didn’t want my fiancée “trapped” in a relationship where I fetishized her. Keep in mind she’s never mentioned anything about it in the past 3 years we dated.

I asked why she’s even friends with me if she thought I would trap my fiancée in a relationship like that, and she said that she didn’t know for certain but thought she should mention it anyway. She then said that she didn’t do anything wrong and that my being angry is only proving her point. She said to call her back when I’m not being “irrational”.

I’m just fuming right now. AITA?

Edit: she is my friend primarily, my fiancée only really talks to her with me
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

So... What did people say?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

It was really new. I'll have to check back.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Not much so far.
lol people who do shit like that to someone and then call the person irrational when they’re rightfully pissed all deserve to be clocked in the face. That is the most frustrating shit.
the friend has yellow fever-fever, she wants to get with op because she fetishizes his fetish
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Hmmm, moron thread or racist thread?
Carrollton High School in Carrollton City, Georgia managed to get themselves expelled—despite class not being in session due to the ongoing national health emergency—because they hadn’t yet figured out that viral racism has consequences.

Newsweek reports that one white male and one white female Carrolton student thought it was a good idea to post a video to TikTok of themselves in a bathroom mirror performing a mock cooking show.

The female student begins saying, “Hey, today we’re making...” followed by the camera zooming down to the sink showing the word “niggers” written on a piece of notebook paper which the male student read aloud.

The students begin pouring cups of water with labels representing “ingredients” over the piece of paper.

“First we have ‘black,’” the girl can be heard saying. “Next we have ‘don’t have a dad,’” the male student continued. “Ingredients” also included “eating watermelon and fried chicken,” which isn’t as offensive as it is stupid because black people aren’t typically ashamed of our affinity for fried chicken or watermelon—nigga, fried chicken and watermelon are delicious.

One of the cups was labeled “robs people.” The male student fills this cup multiple times implying that black people rob “specifically whites” very often despite the fact that crime statistics show that most crimes are intraracial.

The one cup that the two students left empty was labeled “makes good choices,” implying that we don’t. Of course, anyone with a brain would recognize the irony in that seeing as the video proved to be a shining example of a decidedly bad choice—one that ended in their expulsions.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Also, I never understood watermelon + fried chicken being racist. I grew up in the South, I love those things.