Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Everyone knows that emotions trump facts!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:Goodbye Aunt Jemima
I’ve always been partial to Log Cabin, like Leisher’s Republican group.
Speaker at Trump meeting says Aunt Jemima was the American Dream.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Wilmington, NC police officers fired for saying we need a race war
At the 46-minute mark of the video, Piner and Gilmore began talking from their respective cars, at which time Piner criticized the department, saying its only concern was “kneeling down with the black folks.” About 30 minutes later, Piner received a phone call from Moore, according to the investigation, a segment in which Moore referred to a Black female as a “negro." He also referred to the woman by using a racial slur. He repeated the use of the slur in describing a Black magistrate, and Moore used a gay slur to describe the magistrate as well.

Later, according to the investigation, Piner told Moore that he feels a civil war is coming and that he is ready. Piner said he was going to buy a new assault rifle, and soon “we are just going to go out and start slaughtering them (expletive)” Blacks. “I can't wait. God, I can't wait.” Moore responded that he wouldn't do that.

Piner then told Moore that he felt a civil war was needed to “wipe them off the (expletive) map. That'll put them back about four or five generations.” Moore told Piner he was “crazy,” and the recording stopped a short time later.
Memories of 1898
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I was going to.bring up.the Wilmington Insurrection, but you beat me to it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Aunt Jemima's family is pissed.
One Aunt Jemima's portrayer's family is pissed...
The company hired dozens of actors to portray the role, often assigned regionally, as the first organized sales promotion campaign
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Is an Aunt Jemima family pissed? Yes or no?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Is an Aunt Jemima family pissed? Yes or no?
No, because Aunt Jemima isn't real.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

To me it sounds like an argument to either be "with us, or against us." You either fight racism, or you're the enemy. And what happens to enemies?

We need to stop beating around the bush and just admit that a lot of people want to scrap the 1st Amendment.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: To me it sounds like an argument to either be "with us, or against us."
Exactly.
GORDON wrote: We need to stop beating around the bush and just admit that a lot of people want to scrap the 1st Amendment.
There are a LOT of people who want to do away with the Constitution. They want the Electoral College, Capitalism, 1st Amendment, 2nd Amendment, and so on all gone.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Then they tell you that there's a moral difference between the government stifling free speech, and the mob doing it via economic ruin.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

White store manager at a Macy's attacked by 18 year old black guy. It was filmed by his 22 year old rapper family member. They both say the manager used the n word. Investigators have found zero evidence that occurred, and because he was on a Macy's phone talking to Macy's employees apparently Macy's can prove he didn't say the word. Macy's has publicly come out in defense of the manager, which in this day and age speaks volumes. They HAVE to have proof or they'd never defend one person at the cost of protests/profits. The 18 year old now faces 10 years in jail.

I want to know why the FBI isn't there investigating it for a hate crime? It's almost like hate crime laws only target one race... And why isn't this story getting national headlines?

Saw this quote beneath a video on the subject and I love it:
When victimhood becomes currency expect to see counterfeiters.
A word, no matter what it is, cannot be used as justification for a physical attack. "Sticks and stones" and all that.

News story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK9ogTj-f7Y
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Then they tell you that there's a moral difference between the government stifling free speech, and the mob doing it via economic ruin.
According to capitalism, there definitely is.
Leisher wrote: A word, no matter what it is, cannot be used as justification for a physical attack. "Sticks and stones" and all that.
Correct.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

When the mob starts making rules and collective decision, they become the government.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: When the mob starts making rules and collective decision, they become the government.
True.

All one has to do is look at our current society.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Mississippi surrenders Confederate symbol from state flag
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

I don't know MO's gun laws, but that looks like a felony (brandishing)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

More details

Homeowners say "there are no public streets or sidewalks here" Which is not how I'm used to seeing sidewalks + streets.