Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

4 bball players physically assault their coach.

Posting this here because I'm calling racism on myself. Why? Because the school's name: Malcolm X Shabazz High School

Chris Rock once had a bit where he said if you were on Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard you should run because you're in danger. I'm saying a school named Malcolm X Shabazz is probably going to be similar.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Look at yourselves. You've been bamboozled. Hoodwinked.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Chris Rock once had a bit where he said if you were on Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard you should run because you're in danger.
Those streets are pretty much always in the worst part of the town. /Bloomberg
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Foxx is a fucking idiot. Ditto for anyone that voters for her.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Professor calls police on black student who wouldn't change seats.

I'm so confused. How can this be racism if no white person was involved?

By the way, we're not getting the whole story here. Either these two had a history or something else made them escalate their disagreement that day.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

You've all seen these types of videos before, but this one really stands out.

The worst racists aren't the ones who publicly come out as racist. It's the ones who truly look down upon those different from themselves as inferior, yet act like they're friends or they're doing good things by helping those people. Nothing screams racism more than thinking someone is so beneath you that they could never achieve anything without your help.

https://youtu.be/3JGmKHrWKMQ
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

"The racism of low expectations."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Little girl called up to a float during a parade and handed a black doll with a noose.

Color me skeptical.

The noose as a racist symbol has become quite popular lately, and to my knowledge, every time it's made news, it was a hoax.

Either this is a hoax or that guy is the most brazen racist walking the planet today. Not to mention pure unadulterated evil to hand that to a child during a parade.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

There were probably 10 cell phones filming the parade. Won't be hard to prove or disprove.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

I'm not discounting the chance of racism at all. Racism is a thing that exists. However, it's not just white against [insert minority here].

Now that being said, it's just as likely the people on the float made white and black dolls to represent the population there. They then put a string of beads on each and fastened them so they wouldn't fall off. The kid gets one, the beads slip a bit to look like a noose, but aren't tied like one. Or the parents adjust the beads and feign anger so they can get their 15 minutes of fame.
Cakedaddy

Today in racism

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Or the parents adjust the beads and feign anger so they can get their 15 minutes of fame.
this
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

I could have also put this story under the "offended" or "college" threads...

OU professor says the "n word" in class.

Here are the details:
A history professor issued a "trigger warning" before reading a "historical document that used the 'N-word' repeatedly," the university's interim president, Joseph Harroz, Jr. wrote in an apology.
There is so much stupid here.

"The n-word is so offensive and must never be uttered!"

If the word so insanely offensive that a professor can't utter it while reading a historical document then why the fuck can Snoop Dogg say it 20 times during a single song? Why can Denzel utter it in a movie without issue? Why can black people greet one another with it or say it to describe someone they don't like? Why can Chris Rock do an entire bit on it?

If it's such a reminder of racism, then why are the victims of said racism using it? Why would you want a word like that to exist? And isn't there a term that describes one race keeping another race from using something...?

Either nobody uses it or everyone should get to use it.

But to, in any way, suggest this professor reading it off of a historical document "hurt" anyone is beyond ridiculous.
Cakedaddy

Today in racism

Post by Cakedaddy »

It's a power thing. "I can. You can't. Deal with it."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Yep, power, which means it completely fits the definition of racism.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Black lady does Target ad and specifically mentions helping black girls...cue the hate.

People really don't give a fuck about being blatantly racist. Kind of amazing. Got to respect that. At least they stand by their beliefs. Might be dumb as shit, but they aren't cowards.

Now that being said, the only point these mental midgets could possibly have is the double standard of being able to say "I want to help ________ kids" so long as the word in the blank isn't "white". One should absolutely be allowed to do it, but everyone should be allowed to do it. Pretending there wouldn't be an uproar if a cracker said such a thing is bullshit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I saw that in the wild, and I took a double take.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Defending NHL champion, St. Louis Blues, hold their "Diversity Night" on the road.

Apparently, they want minorities to come watch they play, but not in their own arena.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Another racism story today...

Manager of an Olive Garden fired for appeasing racist customers.

I think the manager is the scapegoat here. He or she clearly didn't know what to do and went with "the customer is always right". I guess the SJW community would only have been happy if the manager told the customers they'll either accept a person of color as their waitress or they can get out. However, let's be honest, the manager would have been fired for that too.

I just don't see how the manager wins. Appease the customer and get fired. Toss the customer causing a scene and get fired for not appeasing the customer. Force the customers to accept the waitress and now you're creating a hostile work environment AND not appeasing the customer.

That being said, based upon the article's account of how the people were acting, they should have been tossed. That level of cartoonish racism is baffling. Not just for the ignorance it displays about their knowledge of human beings, but also their ignorance of their own personal safety. If the average IQ is 100, they're definitely on the low side.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Toss the customer causing a scene and get fired for not appeasing the customer.
Toss the customer, the end.

Fucking flyover states :)