Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Homeowners say "there are no public streets or sidewalks here"
Are they in a gated community?

I understand their fear given what we're seen of these "peaceful" protests, but going out and pointing guns at people is bullshit. And what the actual fuck is that woman doing? That's not how you hold a gun.

Bigger stuff in the article:
they were marching to the mayor's house demanding her resignation. Why?
Resignation demands come after a Friday Facebook live briefing in which Krewson read the names and addresses of several residents who wrote letters to the mayor suggesting she defund the police department.
That's pretty fucking shitty.
KMOV said St. Louis Alderwoman Megan Ellyia Green tweeted, "So not cool to doxx my constituents who support #DefundThePolice on your FB live. It's a move designed to silence dissent, and it's dangerous." Doxing refers to making private or identifying information public with malicious intent.

The ACLU of Missouri released a statement saying what Krewson did was "shocking and misguided," adding that reading the information aloud "serves no apparent purpose beyond intimidation," according to KMOV.

St. Louis City Treasurer Tishaura Jones also tweeted, saying "The Mayor's actions not only endanger her citizens, it is also reckless," echoing calls for Krewson's resignation.
It's weird, but I don't remember the ACLU and left leaning politicians speaking up when this happened.

Complete bullshit in both cases.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Depends on the context. "If this country is going to take black protesting seriously, it has been shown historically that some white people may have to die, first." That could be historically accurate, I don't know. I didn't go to Race War School.

But it isn't a good optic either way.

Cops must be giggling to themselves since this started as "cops are too brutal in their tactics" and has become about getting rid of aunt jamima as the first shot of a race war.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Is an Aunt Jemima family pissed? Yes or no?
No, because Aunt Jemima isn't real.
The family members of the fake Aunt Jemima are actually very pissed and want $2B in reparations and a share of future revenue.

They'll be suing Catt next for defamation.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

The headline amused me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

First, white people who weren't racist, but didn't protest were called racist.

Now non-black POC are being called racist if they don't stand up for black people.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Master/slave being removed from a lot of technical stuff, too.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Better scrub the dictionaries.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Terry Crews is under fire for this tweet:
Then there's this:

And depending on the group, including BLM, the list can also include releasing ALL black people from jail, making ALL black people exempt from military service, and so on.

The list reads as if these movements want every benefit from society, but none of the responsibility. And what happens when someone like Crews questions it? They attack.

Not sure how these demands get met without splitting the country in two.

I don't know who said it, but someone once said something about how people who protest for equality don't actually want equality, they want superiority. Show me where in these demands that's wrong.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Black people are already exempt from the military.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Cards Against Humanity: https://medium.com/@nicolas.j.carter/ho ... fe07fbbfe4

They got that dude committed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Cards Against Humanity: https://medium.com/@nicolas.j.carter/ho ... fe07fbbfe4

They got that dude committed.
You have a cliff notes version?

K word is worse than the N word...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You have a cliff notes version?
Black dude worked at CAH 12 hours /week (Apparently that was standard if you weren't one of the 8 co-founders), writing jokes. One of the 8 wanted to put in a card with the n-word. Black dude (the only black dude at the company) said "No" and started speaking his mind more as he had gotten a FT 40-hour job, so he didn't need the 12 hour job $$ as much.

One of the 8 called black dude's sister, told her he was acting erratically, and worked with his parents to get him committed to a place the CAH team had picked. He played along for a few days, and was released.

Went back to CAH, and was fired. He later sued and won on some grounds.

One of the co-founders has resigned in the wake of this, and sexual assault allegations.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

I need details from someone that isn't the victim or the perpetrator.

An employer calling a guy's sister and working to have him committed just because they're racist? How does that even enter someone's head as a possibility when they could simply fire the person instead? And what behavior was the guy exhibiting that made his family agree he needed to be committed? And he "played along"? Why? If someone came to commit me against my will I certainly wouldn't play along with the charade.

Crazy story.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

You know how people are tearing down statues and renaming things because the person said something or did something back then that was socially inappropriate or worse?

The irony is probably lost on the morons behind this announcement.

I wonder how long it'll be before someone condemns Toledo for having a scholarship honoring a drug addicted career criminal who beat and robbed a pregnant woman while pointing a gun at her belly?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Incident.

White woman apparently bumps into a black female teenager, and the black people are having NONE OF IT. Call her and her husband racist and ignorant, white people try to leave the situation, they keep getting in their way, the mom gets in the way of their car, hits it (from the sounds of the video), and then white woman loses it and pulls a gun on them.

No one here did the right thing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Also, that full story is NOT how it was described on Twitter when the video started leaking. The story told was the black girl put her hand on the lady's car during a tight squeeze or some shit.

I think you're right that both sides acted shitty, and while the white people are taking the fall due to the guns, the black people were equally responsible for the situation. If not more, since the 15 year old daughter initiated the entire confrontation.