Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Nope. Forbidden. That fascist needs to learn he isn't allowed to say some things.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Saw that story and I had the same response. Is it racism if it's not racism and just a legit point?

If a black guy and a white guy are standing against a white wall, is it racist to say "In this situation, the white guy is harder to see than the black guy"?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Is it racism if it's not racism and just a legit point?
Yeah, this one... I mean everyone's uncomfortable with race these days, but this just isn't a racist statement.

I was wondering similar things about the Seahawks bright green jerseys -> Does that make their CBs more visible on the field than, say, Jets players?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

In UO we chose green robes that matched the landscape trees. Harder to click on.

We were totally greenfacing it.

I also chose that "Ostard" ethereal mount. Smaller, and harder to target than a horse. Also racist or somethng.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Many people have pointed out Boise State's dark blue field that is the same color as their uniforms and how that gives them an unfair advantage. Who knew that was racism!?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sports commentator says that black QB's dark skin makes option plays more effective because the ball is harder to see against his skin and uniform. Gets suspended

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2019/12/49 ... ckson.html

At some point we can talk about things (skin color) that are real, right? Without just default offending people?
Richard Sherman mostly defends commentator

https://sports.yahoo.com/richard-sherma ... 59525.html
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Nice that black players are speaking up in his defense. The outrage culture needs to be stopped.

If it isn't said maliciously, let's stop acting like it was. In that case, the racism comes from the outraged person, not the speaker because they're the ones giving it intent.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Show featuring black people shut out of GG nominations, and that's apparently racism.

I think I may have heard of this show...maybe? I'd place my bet on most voters never having seen it.

I certainly would never watch it because it's not made for my demographic, and I assume does a lot of finger pointing in my direction simply because I happen to be white. I get enough of that everywhere else in life, I certainly am not going to seek out entertainment to also do it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Ok boomer.

!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

I honestly thought it was a movie, not a show. I remember it being released, but never saw it.

Trump could stand watching it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Ok boomer.

!
The interesting thing is the frustration of constantly being blamed for someone else's problems is extending to the kiddies. The most "woke" generation, and yet they still get the finger pointed at them non-stop.

I think that's why you often see black leaders, not named Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, telling black folks to stop blaming others for their problems, and to instead take responsibility for themselves. (A sentiment I think ALL people should accept.)

There's a very dangerous and defeated attitude that comes from constantly being told you can never succeed because of some group holding you down. Ask Morgan Freeman who said, and I quote, "That's bullshit."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

AVS suspend minor league equipment manager for blackface.

Holy fuck, what an unbelievable asshole.

IN other news, the Canadian Prime Minister wasn't suspended.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Puerto Ricans mad that their non-Spanish speaking contestant lost to a black woman for Miss Universe

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/p ... cna1102061
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Miss America, Miss Teen USA, Miss USA, and Miss Universe are all black.

Gorgeous women come in all colors, but it's hard to imagine that doesn't occur without some agenda.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Miss America, Miss Teen USA, Miss USA, and Miss Universe are all black.

Gorgeous women come in all colors, but it's hard to imagine that doesn't occur without some agenda.
Add Miss World
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

It's so obvious that it hurts the credibility of all the winner and contests.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It's so obvious that it hurts the credibility of all the winner and contests.
Maybe black people care more? Maybe Africans (Miss World/Universe) care more?

Maybe people think it's odd that Miss Puerto Rico was white, born in the mainland, and didn't speak Spanish?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Maybe black people care more? Maybe Africans (Miss World/Universe) care more?
Care about what? Winning pageants as there's disease, civil war, starvation, etc. throughout Africa?
TheCatt wrote: Maybe people think it's odd that Miss Puerto Rico was white, born in the mainland, and didn't speak Spanish?
Indeed they did, but what's that got to do with what I said?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Winning pageants as there's disease, civil war, starvation, etc. throughout Africa?
I don't have much data, but I know at least some 3rd world countries care A LOT about pageants for whatever reason. Like those people become celebrities, instead of like here in America.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Indeed they did, but what's that got to do with what I said?
That they were rejecting white entries into places they weren't born + raised.