Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TSA officers too stupid to be employed.

Reagan and Nixon are hit with the racist label today (yesterday).

You can't go back in time and apply today's standards to the past. It isn't remotely fair. Even history's greatest heroes would be judged negatively by some of their words and actions, but in their time, were accepted. Not saying "monkey" was acceptable at all, but Reagan was clearly talking out of anger, while Nixon's is a bit harder to defend.

This is like the people who think MLK Jr's accomplishments are washed away by his infidelities. Really? He helped to bring two races together and win more rights for African Americans, but we should ignore all of that because he cheated on his wife?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Well there goes Reagan's 2020 run.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Pretty much every man who did anything prior to 2010 is fucked. Hell, Biden was the only Dem who didn't bash Obama's 8 years during that last debate.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Pretty much every man who did anything prior to 2010 is fucked. Hell, Biden was the only Dem who didn't bash Obama's 8 years during that last debate.
Does this mean we've had a black Republican president now?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I forget his name, but they killed him the last time. Keyes, or something?
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

Trump is not the problem. Trump is a symptom. I heard liberal commentators and reporters lamenting the loss of John McCain after the "send her back" chants at the Trump rally. Really? I remember 12 years ago you were calling him a racist, too. I had (have) some serious disagreements with Romney on his politics, but he was probably the most decent man on a moral level to have run for the oval office in over 50 years. He was decried as a racist, sexist homophobe.

Mario Lopez says on a podcast that he didn't think it was a good idea to let 3 year olds make life changing decisions and he gets crucified by the rainbow jihad. He apologized, but many gay activists say it wasn't enough. News flash: it'll never be enough until you bend the knee and submit completely.

I think in the '16 election people just didn't care when they voted for Trump. "Call him what you want, you'd do it whoever we put up. Might as well make it someone that'll poke you in the eye right back".
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: I had (have) some serious disagreements with Romney on his politics, but he was probably the most decent man on a moral level to have run for the oval office in over 50 years
I was, as things go, a fan of him, McCain, Jeb Bush.

I don't like Trump for a lot of reasons. But if you tell me it's Trump or Bernie or Warren... I mean, that's just lose-lose
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Nazi salutes among kids growing.

Kids will always do dumb shit to be shocking, and thus, cool. However, this rise also fits my theory that the combination of blaming whitey for everything and public shaming all opposing voices will eventually create a resentment movement.
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Nazi salutes among kids growing.

Kids will always do dumb shit to be shocking, and thus, cool. However, this rise also fits my theory that the combination of blaming whitey for everything and public shaming all opposing voices will eventually create a resentment movement.
Yes. It also seems to be happening with the rainbow jihad tolerance with the youth as well.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

To be fair, when I was in Mexico, I was the 2nd tallest person in a town of 100,000 people. And I could look over EVERYONE in the subway in Mexico City.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Darling of the political left, Justin Trudeau, caught in blackface.
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

I don't think racism is a left/right issue as much as a human condition issue, but when was the last time a republican or conservative got into trouble for being in blackface?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I heard the recent SNL hiring/firing was a conservative.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: I don't think racism is a left/right issue as much as a human condition issue, but when was the last time a republican or conservative got into trouble for being in blackface?
I could only find two quickly in google, and both incidents were from before I was born.
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Candice Owens tells Congress white supremacy isn't an issue.

The left is obviously going nuts over this, but is she right or is she wrong? You're all a bunch of crackers. How many times have you been approached to join the KKK or something along those lines?

For me, someone who has traveled to 30 or so of the 50 states, been in the military, attended two colleges, a couple of trade schools, and around 10 work places, I've never been approached about such things. In fact, the only racism I encounter is the typical bullshit bigotry everyone has. At no point in my life has anyone ever approached me about colluding to hold someone of color down.

That being said, I have had this conversation within the past year:
Black friend: "White people are the worst."
Me: "I'm standing right here."
Black friend: "You're not white. I officially declared you black."

Did he do a racism or not? I honestly don't know.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I think white supremicism, as an organized group, is way way WAY WAY WAY exaggerated. It's all politics, and scoring points.

Remember how the Tea Party, an actual threat to the entrenched money parties, got torpedoed with "white supremacists!" accusations? Pretty weird how anyone can put on a white sheet for a photo op at a rally.
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

Javelin told me the worst incident of racism he ever experienced was when he was growing up in Buffalo NY. Had a cop tell him he didn't belong in the middle-upper class neighborhood he was riding his bike in to a friend's house. He said he'd never run into any issues in the south.