Uber/Lyft

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

We used Lyft to go to the airport, and return home, on our most recent trip (much much cheaper than 10 days of parking at the airport).

I've never had a problem with Lyft or Uber, but my driver was an older gentleman who misheard/saw his GPS and took a wrong turn. I've been flying/traveling for the past 20 hours, so by the time I realized he was making a mistake, (You can go straight or left on a 4-lane road to go towards my house, he went right at the last moment), I thought it was too dangerous to say anything and have him cut across traffic. So we ended up going a few miles out of the way, and ended up on a toll road ($0.90), etc. I thought "well, at least the fare was fixed in advanced," But it turns out the pre-arranged fee gets over-ridden when the ride changes.

It was only $5 more than expected, but I complained. They credited the difference within 2 minutes. Nice service.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by GORDON »

Had an "older lady" hit her brakes in front of me on the road today and make a turn, without using the turn lane, without signaling. When I honked at her I saw I startled her and she dropped her phone.

I would like to see old people held to much stricter license renewal standards than they are now.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I would like to see old people held to much stricter license renewal standards than they are now.
Won't happen because they vote.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

Uber working with NASA on flying taxis.

Here's what that will look like:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

UberEats is here in Raleigh now. I ordered for the first time tonight. I don't ever need to leave my house again.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

Uber got hacked and tried to cover it up instead of telling anyone.

Why are there not laws requiring businesses to report these data breaches the same day they're discovered?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Uber got hacked and tried to cover it up instead of telling anyone.

Why are there not laws requiring businesses to report these data breaches the same day they're discovered?
Well, maybe not the same day they are discovered, maybe once they are patched or something.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Uber got hacked and tried to cover it up instead of telling anyone.

Well, maybe not the same day they are discovered, maybe once they are patched or something.
Fine, but let's say you can't wait six months to patch it. I realize you'd want to hold off until your could plug the hole, but meanwhile your customers are having their identities/card numbers stolen. So they suffer while you dick around? I don't think so.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fine, but let's say you can't wait six months to patch it.
Sure sure.
Vince

Uber/Lyft

Post by Vince »

Anyone heard if they're losing drivers over this? My understanding is that they had the most info exposed.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Uber is shady as fuck.
This is like their 1 billionith shady thing?
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

I use Lyft.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I use Lyft.
I use Uber because... I'm lazy and it's what I started using.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

Lyft gave me three free rides during a trip to Vegas and I was picking which of the two to use.
Vince

Uber/Lyft

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
LOL! This is probably 75% of why I do the things I do. Props for honesty.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
LOL! This is probably 75% of why I do the things I do. Props for honesty.
Yeah, morally I feel like I should switch. But I don't uber often, probably every 3 months or so, so the idea of switching apps isn't high on my list.
Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Uber/Lyft

Post by Leisher »

Uber buying Jump.

I think this Jump thing is going to be interesting. I have a feeling they're going to disappear and/or get beat to hell.