Diet....contest?

You probably can't do it, so don't even try.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just entered my initial weight.... 218.4... into that skinnyo website.

I don't know how to use it yet, but I guess I'll just update it every day and look for functionality.

I'll be using my "first thing in the morning after I pee" weight.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

http://whole9fitness.com/why-you-shouldnt-weigh-yourself-every-day/

Two things to remember about wieghting yourself everyday. It isn't just a show the Biggest Loser. It is a tool. They weigh in once a week. If they showed those people what there wieght was doing everyday they would explode mentally.
I stick to once a week.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Join the club this morning. Tried to add gordo and cat. Don't actually know how that works. I'm Rost. Saw that none of us have earned badges. I'm so excited about earning badges, heh.
Funny how things work. Deer season. Ate what I wanted when I wanted. The slowest drinking night for me was probably a 12 pack. Lost 3 pounds. My buddy did mention we had potato chips left over which surprised him and the way I eat them. (Which I didn't this year) Must have been the cold and making my body trying to warm itself.
Which happens to be my tip. Ice water. Makes your body heat it up which burns calories. Not much but every little bit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

unkbill wrote:If they showed those people what there wieght was doing everyday they would explode mentally.
I'm not going to explode mentally. Or, I already did in boot camp. Either way. I know I am not going to fail so I just want to keep on top of it.

I like daily measuring and feedback.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

unkbill wrote:Must have been the cold and making my body trying to warm itself.
Which happens to be my tip. Ice water. Makes your body heat it up which burns calories. Not much but every little bit.

Biggest danger in cold weather is dehydration.

Assuming you were prepared enough to not worry about hypothermia or frostbite.

Edited By GORDON on 1291649230
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

GORDON wrote:
unkbill wrote:If they showed those people what there wieght was doing everyday they would explode mentally.
I'm not going to explode mentally. Or, I already did in boot camp. Either way. I know I am not going to fail so I just want to keep on top of it.

I like daily measuring and feedback.
I bet 50% of people couldn't handle daily wieghting. You probably can but people don't realize you are gaining muscle be patient. And eventually quit do to dispair. It got to me. Luckily I have a weight lifting couson who helps me mentally. He says being impatient is good but don't let it break you. Keep your head down and keep walking it will come.
I can't see a difference but people made comments I don't huff and puff as much as I did walking big hills this year. Wait till next year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I weigh every hour or two. I know how much my shoes, jeans, shirt, poop, pee, meals, etc weigh.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I have 2 points now on skinnyo. Has anyone else updated yet?
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

GORDON wrote:I have 2 points now on skinnyo. Has anyone else updated yet?
Wow your quick it has you down as losing 28 pounds. Haven't updated yet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

2 point 8.

The numbers shouldn't be so smashed together.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

GORDON wrote:2 point 8.

The numbers shouldn't be so smashed together.
Good I tought you cheated and cut off your leg or something drastic.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Lean Cousine's 260 calorie "Classic Macaroni and Beef" is actually edible if you put a lot of Texas Pete hot sauce on it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Net loss week one: 5.2 pounds.
Total loss: 5.2 pounds
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Was going thru some papers last night. Winter is here and I can devote more time to walking on a schedule. I was walking everyday. Now it is 3-4 days a week. Started walking 8 minutes and three tenths of a mile. No weights. Now I walk 15 minutes and just over three quarters of a mile while half the time using 3,5,8 pound wieghts. As of today down 39 pounds. December 13, 2010. My 1 years anniversary. Guess I will go for my morning walk now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:4 hour body diet
Avoid any carbohydrate that is, or can be, white. The following foods are prohibited, except for within 30 minutes of finishing a resistance-training workout like those described in the "From Geek to Freak" or "Occam's Protocol" chapters: all bread, rice (including brown), cereal, potatoes, pasta, tortillas, and fried food with breading. If you avoid eating the aforementioned foods and anything else white, you'll be safe.

Just ugh.

I'm doing fine so far just eating smaller portions.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

WTF? Yeah, why try the easy way?

I'm telling you fools: DITCH THE CARBS. You will FEEL BETTER. You will LOOK BETTER. YOU WILL BE HEALTHIER.

Grains are NOT FOOD. They mess up your immune system. They mess up your insulin. They make you fat. You are better off without them.

Seriously. Don't tell me you don't want to. *I* didn't want to, but I'm glad I did.

Also, give up the Cardio, and lift weights for 20 minutes, once a week. THAT'S IT.

Or don't. Be a fool, and waste your time. Be a starving fatass lardbutt diabetic with arthritis.

Edited By thibodeaux on 1292362088
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I hear grains make you less grumpy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm thinking about trying HIIT beginning in January. Need an exercise bike though as I don't want to run. I want to be able to do this at home.

Thib, where's that chain talking about what you eat and don't eat? I'm curious about that diet, but obviously skeptical. It can't be that simple without side effects. Right? Right? Anyone?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

thibodeaux wrote:WTF? Yeah, why try the easy way?

I'm telling you fools: DITCH THE CARBS. You will FEEL BETTER. You will LOOK BETTER. YOU WILL BE HEALTHIER.

Grains are NOT FOOD. They mess up your immune system. They mess up your insulin. They make you fat. You are better off without them.

Seriously. Don't tell me you don't want to. *I* didn't want to, but I'm glad I did.

Also, give up the Cardio, and lift weights for 20 minutes, once a week. THAT'S IT.

Or don't. Be a fool, and waste your time. Be a starving fatass lardbutt diabetic with arthritis.
Your are right about the carbs. I felt my best on the adkins diet. Can't afford all that meat now. I try to avoid processed grains.(white bread) Whole grains aren't that bad.
Don't know about cardio. I walk from 12 to 14 minutes a day. People may think well you are only walking 5.5 to 7.5 tenths of a mile. Maybe but try doing it pumping 3,5 and 8 pounds weights. I'd bet the calorie meter on the treadmill would triple if that where factored in.
I also don't eat fruits with my meal. It spikes your insulin level witch tells your liver to store fat instead of burn it.