Diet and Exercise

You probably can't do it, so don't even try.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
Cakedaddy wrote: In what way did you cheat, or what team did you join so you could win?
HA!

Pretty sure this was a Team Corgi shot.
Ahhhh... :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy

Diet and Exercise

Post by Cakedaddy »

So I wanted to lose weight and tried "Keto". I highly doubt I was actually in Ketosis, but since the food selection sucked ass, I ate a lot less of it and lost about 40 pounds in just under 2 months. I'm now at my target weight. I'm almost positive I lost a lot of muscle in the transaction too.

One thing I learned. EVERYTHING is bad for you.

My Keto was definitely dirty, but figured the eggs and bacon and other high fat foods weren't any worse than the fast food and processed shit I had been eating. I'd say my fat intake didn't really change. Only the source of the fat. Became actual food instead of processed food. I did eat a shit ton more vegetables too. They were my only source of carbs. I think the amount of protein I ate kept me out of ketosis. I also think that's why I lost muscle. Because I never hit ketosis. So, no carbs/sugar, way more vegetables, and fat from natural sources. There were days were I only took in about 600 calories though, which I think is why the weight came off so fast.

Now I want to start working out to put muscle back on since now you'll actually be able to see it!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: I ate a lot less of it and lost about 40 pounds in just under 2 months.
Congrats!
Cakedaddy wrote: I did eat a shit ton more vegetables too.
This is pretty much always a win
Cakedaddy wrote: Now I want to start working out to put muscle back on since now you'll actually be able to see it!
Good luck. It's hard according to everything I've read, to gain significant muscle mass while losing weight, so should be easier now.
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

Protein shakes or whatever are pretty much a must for me, when doing that. I lose less muscle mass as long as those amino acids are already in my bloodstream.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Norwegians cut sugar intake after sugar tax increases
The directorate’s annual report on the Norwegian diet said that average annual consumption of sugar had plummeted from 43kg to 24kg per person between 2000 and 2018 – including a 27% reduction in the past decade – to a level lower than that recorded in 1975.

It has intervened more aggressively recently, creating separate taxes for confectionery and sugary drinks and hiking them at times dramatically: in January 2018, the levy on chocolate and confectionery went up by 83% to 36.92 krone (£3.12) per kilo, and on sugary and artifically-sweetened drinks by 42% to 4.75 (40p) a litre.
Now lets get some health outcome data to go with it
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

My oldest daughter is now getting heavy into working out. Fitness working out, not the kind that makes women gross.

I was in the process of setting up a home gym area when somehow our exercise bike broke. Heavy bag, weights, stair stepper, and the available P90X stuff all still work, but apparently that's not good enough. She says, "Let's get a Peloton!"

Well I don't have $2500 to drop on an exercise bike or want to pay $40/month for the subscription, so...

She's now trying to get me to start taking her to Planet Fitness three times a week. How in the actual fuck did I get roped into this? Can't they just let me be a lazy piece of shit? Now I'm going to need to shower twice daily. (Love working up a sweat, but could never sleep covered in filth.) This is a serious dent in my free time!

So now that I'm being forced I need to come up with some fitness goals...you know, besides being a big fat fuck.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Winning your "wrestling matches" with Gordon?
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

When I play everybody wins.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Diet and Exercise

Post by Cakedaddy »

Did she point out that the first year is free?

I want a bike as well, but don't want to pay more than $1000. When do all the new years resolution purchases start hitting Craigslist?
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Did she point out that the first year is free?
At Planet Fitness? Really?

I've blown her off for now. I told her I am 100% on board, but I'm waiting until the end of February when all the resolution people have quit.
Cakedaddy wrote: When do all the new years resolution purchases start hitting Craigslist?
Never thought of this, but I just want to exercise, not get raped and murdered.
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
Cakedaddy wrote: When do all the new years resolution purchases start hitting Craigslist?
The lie-detecting robot is going to slap you.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
Leisher wrote:
To be fair, he only wants to be raped, not raped AND murdered.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote:
Leisher wrote:

To be fair, he only wants to be raped, not raped AND murdered.
This.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Western diet bad
Animals fed a Western-style diet (WS-diet) demonstrate rapid impairments in hippocampal function and poorer appetitive control. We examined if this also occurs in humans. One-hundred and ten healthy lean adults were randomized to either a one-week WS-diet intervention or a habitual-diet control group. Measures of hippocampal-dependent learning and memory (HDLM) and of appetitive control were obtained pre- and post-intervention. HDLM was retested at three-week follow-up. Relative to controls, HDLM performance declined in the WS-diet group (d = 0.43), but was not different at follow-up. Appetitive control also declined in the WS-diet group (d = 0.47) and this was strongly correlated with HDLM decline (d = 1.01). These findings demonstrate that a WS-diet can rapidly impair appetitive control in humans—an effect that could promote overeating in consumers of a WS-diet. The study also suggests a functional role for the hippocampus in appetitive control and provides new evidence for the adverse neurocognitive effects of a WS-diet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

I've heard B12 supplements are also great for memory.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

Dietitians can help older people lose weight.

I cannot believe that's a "shocking" headline.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

I'm back to keto. I lost 15 pounds without it, but stalled the past month. We'll see where this ends up.

Started this morning, could already smell the ketones in my pee by dinner time. yyyaaaayy