Diet and Exercise

You probably can't do it, so don't even try.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Fitbit: You burned 2,031 calories!
Strava: You burned 1,232 calories.

Same exact exercise. Both have my correct weight and heart rate information. Strava has my power information (Wattage/cycling) in addition.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

More support for low carb diets, particularly for people who have larger insulin spikes.
The subjects on the low-carb diet also had the sharpest declines in a hormone called ghrelin, which is produced in the stomach. Ghrelin promotes hunger and body fat, and it lowers energy expenditure. Suppressing ghrelin may be one reason the low-carb diet increased metabolism, the authors noted.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

The study conflates normal people's eating with specific low-carb diets, which is misleading. They just took people's existing eating habits and broke those into quartiles for comparisons.

They did not specifically look at ketogenic/paleo diets, which tends towards lower carb averages than the studied groups. Also, there are many different ways to implement low-carb. I don't eat breads/pastas, but I do eat lots of veggies and some berries, and also nuts. All of which are healthy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

Thanks. Exactly the type of feedback I was looking to get.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

So I have two scales, both measure body fat. They've always agreed, until today. Today they disagreed by 3.5%. I mean, the key thing is weight + fat are going down, but just interesting how much they suddenly diverged. I hadn't checked body fat since before the Vegas/OMAD thing, so I've dropped a good 7/8 lbs since.
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

My scale is getting wonky, after a decade. I can take back to back readings and have a 3 pound discrepancy.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

32 pounds lost. 25-30 to go. Have 4 months to get there.

Resting heart rate was 55 today. Lowest it's been in a long, long time.
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

You know you've been faithful to the diet when you stop pooping.
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: 32 pounds lost. 25-30 to go. Have 4 months to get there.

Resting heart rate was 55 today. Lowest it's been in a long, long time.
Cripes. I can't imagine losing another 30 and being 190. My distorted body image would make me think I was an unhealthy scarecrow.

What's your goal weight?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

180 +/-
GORDON wrote: You know you've been faithful to the diet when you stop pooping
This is truer than I'd like it to be. I even started taking fiber to help move things along, and it kinda helped, but not enough.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

My goal weight is 600 so I can be on the show.
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

The only reason I don't really plan on getting super fat when the kid is away is that... it seems like it would hurt to be a big fat fatty. Sore back, bad feet, the die-beetus, trouble sleeping, sounds sucky.
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

Got the low-carb jim-jams, tonight. I want to go out and buy 2 pounds of french fries from Wendy's.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Got the low-carb jim-jams, tonight. I want to go out and buy 2 pounds of french fries from Wendy's.
Yeah, those days are the worst.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

I'm both dreading and looking forward to my lifestyle change coming in the new year. My brother-in-law and I are working on a bet related to our efforts.

I need lunch ideas. I've been thinking of just cooking up some chicken tits and a green veggie for lunch, but I'm guessing that'd get old fast. Anyone got any good lunch recipes? The easier, the better.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I need lunch ideas. I've been thinking of just cooking up some chicken tits and a green veggie for lunch, but I'm guessing that'd get old fast. Anyone got any good lunch recipes? The easier, the better.
So, the best thing about my current diet: No lunch. Or breakfast. Makes meal planning really easy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I need lunch ideas. I've been thinking of just cooking up some chicken tits and a green veggie for lunch, but I'm guessing that'd get old fast. Anyone got any good lunch recipes? The easier, the better.
So, the best thing about my current diet: No lunch. Or breakfast. Makes meal planning really easy.
Yeah, I can't do that. I don't want to diet. I want a lifestyle change.

The most weight I ever lost (30 pounds in 30 days) came from a diet/exercise program I did with the Wii Fit. I did an hour of Wii Fit a day and ate breakfast/lunch/dinner, but sensibly.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

I work from home, so I may be a bad person to ask. But for a simple lunch, I make up a mixing bowl of greens, add dressing and nuts, then some grilled chicken. About 600 calories, the dressing is mostly fat (no sugar), so it's filling.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

I'm down with balsamic vinegar, so not many calories there.