Scuba Diving

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Troy

Scuba Diving

Post by Troy »

I’ve ticked Indonesia.

Want to do Palau before the Chinese destroy it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by GORDON »

Summer busy-ness is winding down, I just hit the zoo diving signup site.

No more dives as of yesterday.

Emailed the director, he said they're having aggression problems with the zebra shark. No dives until they fix it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Emailed the director, he said they're having aggression problems with the zebra shark. No dives until they fix it.
Remind him of your special relationship with the shark.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by GORDON »

I'll be in the big turtle tank on the 16th. The turtle's name is Tink and she never leaves you alone while cleaning the tank. And if you don't frequently scrub her shell with your brush, she nips at you.

If you don't dive the zoo for a 12 months, they make you take the classes over again. I don't want to do that. I haven't been in since COVID shut the zoo down, and then the zebra shark started getting frisky and they shut down diving until they can "correct" the behavior. So I last dove, like, March. When a cleaning spot opened up, I jumped on it.

And now I will be molested by a Green Sea Turtle. Again.

This is the tank in which I'll be.

https://www.facebook.com/TheToledoZoo/p ... 7823771647
TheCatt
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by TheCatt »

Nice. Is the zoo completely open, or how ar they doing it?
Troy

Scuba Diving

Post by Troy »

Gordon's Amazing Aquarium of Particularly Horny Sea Creatures

A Netflix Original
GORDON
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by GORDON »

I'm not entirely sure how the zoo is operating these days.... I will find out tomorrow. I know the schedule is open for ZooTeens, and I need to get my kid in there. A lot of their spots are "stand by the door of this building and remind people to socially distance." Kind of lame.
Leisher
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by Leisher »

Saving lives is lame? :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by GORDON »

Kind of lame for a 14 year old who wanted to work and teach the public about animal exhibits, not stand in the doorway and do what a sign could do.
Leisher
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by Leisher »

Got to start somewhere.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by GORDON »

I just learned the horny shark has been getting hormone therapy to calm it down, heh. Apparently they plan on doing the Santa dives again this year. I'll keep you informed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I just learned the horny shark has been getting hormone therapy to calm it down, heh. Apparently they plan on doing the Santa dives again this year. I'll keep you informed.
Have fun getting raped!
GORDON
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: I just learned the horny shark has been getting hormone therapy to calm it down, heh. Apparently they plan on doing the Santa dives again this year. I'll keep you informed.
Have fun getting raped!
..... as one does?
GORDON
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by GORDON »

Have a quarry dive scheduled tomorrow with my son and nephew. Gonna be chilly, air temp under 50, water temp more than 50 but less than 60, heh. Mostly I want to get my kid in the water for a single dive to refresh his skills (he hasn't dived in almost 2 years), and see how his teeth do under pressure. I really don't know how this is going to go. Maybe fine, maybe his teeth are fucked and he never dives again. If there are air bubbles in those broken tooth roots, he's probably done.

My nephew and I will do a couple dives, though. This is the football player, he's in good shape and can handle the cold with me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by Leisher »

Good luck.
GORDON
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by GORDON »

Was a great day. My kid managed to last almsot a half hour in the cold water, and his teeth were fine. All was well there.

My nephew and I swam out those air tanks after Will got out, we got another 30 minutes out of them. He had a great time.

I was ready to swap out the tanks and do another dive with the nephew, but the skinny people were ice cubed at that point. Fortunately I'm really obese like a walrus and the 54 degree water was quite comfortable in my full wetsuit, hood, gloves, and booties.

After, since we had the quarry to ourselves, I stripped buck-ass nude right there in the 48 degree air and wind, to dry off and put on the dry clothes. I felt like a fucking animal. :-)

It was a really great day.
125345290_10157766959422825_663404616344901092_n.jpg
124822740_10157766959247825_2408614673993247648_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GORDON
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by GORDON »

Santa dives have been moved to turtle tank. That'll be amusing.
GORDON
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by GORDON »

All Santa dives have just been cancelled. :(
TheCatt
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: All Santa dives have just been cancelled. :(
Sorry you dont get to be assaulted by the turtles.
GORDON
Site Admin

Scuba Diving

Post by GORDON »

It's a real bummer. It's a PITA to dive in that Santa suit, but I've done it every year since I started diving the zoo. I had peeps coming to see me. It's a whole fun thing and I get to show off and be awesome for a minute.

It makes me sad.