NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

"My word is my bond," LaMonte told Sports Business Journal on Wednesday. "Once you break that, there's nothing left."
Nice dig.

Although
This is not the first time LaMonte and McDaniels have parted ways. They have worked with each other on and off over the years.
lol
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Jimmy G gets paid. No word on what $ is guaranteed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Jimmy G gets paid. No word on what $ is guaranteed.
Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reported the deal includes a total of $74 million in guaranteed money.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Played in 5 games, and now the highest paid player ever.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Played in 5 games, and now the highest paid player ever.
Undefeated :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Manziel claims to be bipolar. Wants a football comeback.

Maybe he is bipolar, but he's also a spoiled, entitled, drug using asshole.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stuff to watch in the offseason.

It has a section about the ratings. Here's a snippet:
Overall TV ratings have declined for years, but the NFL went against the trend and remained strong until the start of the 2016 season. While one narrative for the NFL ratings decline is masses being upset because of the player protests, that’s not a main reason why the ratings are down. Cord cutting, poor product the first two months of the season, and oversaturation are the obvious culprits. They all combine for the ratings decline.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

If I'm the Washington GM, wouldn't I reach out to the Jets and offer them a deal?

"We'll tag Cousins and trade him to you for a second round pick. That will eliminate any competitor for his services except you, and allow you to then negotiate a long term contract with him that might work out better for you than had he hit the open market."
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If I'm the Washington GM, wouldn't I reach out to the Jets and offer them a deal?

"We'll tag Cousins and trade him to you for a second round pick. That will eliminate any competitor for his services except you, and allow you to then negotiate a long term contract with him that might work out better for you than had he hit the open market."
Certainly worth exploring, I think. I dunno all the details of trades and caps and crap these days.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The key though is to ensure a deal is in place BEFORE tagging him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

When Diddy posted on Instagram that he wanted to buy the Panthers it was met with near-universal claims of “it’ll never happen.” Because deep down, we know it won’t. The old boys club of NFL owners will not allow someone in who doesn’t mirror them, and despite a Diddy-owned team being perfect for the modern NFL — it’s just not going to happen. Combs is public, a superstar, a self-made multi-millionaire who built an empire through entertainment, endorsement and smart investment. He speaks his mind and won’t be bullied, and that is precisely the kind of person NFL owners don’t want in their company.

Tepper, on the other hand, is being met with “okay, yeah this could happen” — because it absolutely can. Most people won’t click to page four of a 9-year-old profile to learn about his brass balls and penchant for implant chucking, and they won’t click on page five, which explains how Tepper made a fortune by scavenging off the almost-dead corpses of companies. Or how he gave an entire company hope, only to pull it away when the numbers didn’t make sense.
No. No. And, No. Diddy cannot AFFORD a football team, and Tepper can. The End.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I saw an article detailing how Diddy's entire fortune wouldn't cover the cost of the team, let alone financing it going forward.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I saw an article detailing how Diddy's entire fortune wouldn't cover the cost of the team, let alone financing it going forward.
Right? I mean, that's why he was being ridiculed.