NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Well, go Rams who don't even deserve to be there...
Yeah.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

What a year for NFL officiating...
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

For the 16th time in 18 years the AFC QB in the Super Bowl has been either Tom, Peyton or Ben with 9 of those being Tom.

I'm ready for a changing of the guard in the AFC. Patrick, Baker and Sam sounds good to me.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, they've got 0 basis for those suits.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

None whatsoever. I'm sure it's cathartic to do something, but seems like a waste of money to me.

At least the billboards embarrass the NFL.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Buckeye insiders are reporting Greg Schiano is probably going to end up in NE coaching their defense.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

I just got done reading that, its very long but a very good read even if you're not a Browns fan.

But its less about Hue Jackson and more about Jimmy Haslam and the dysfunction that he created.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: But its less about Hue Jackson and more about Jimmy Haslam and the dysfunction that he created.
Yeah, I was a bit surprised about that. It is a good read and doesn't leave me feeling that Haslam is a good owner. He might be a guy who tries to study and learn, but playing employees against one another is pretty fucked up. For you Browns fans' sake I hope he stays out of Dorsey's way. It's easy for him to say he will right now, but people like that (See: Jerry Jones) tend to insert themselves into the process quite often.

Saints' Watson rips Goodell.

Lots of people calling out the NFL and Goodell for not publicly discussing the no call in the Saints-Rams game. Apparently, the head of officials told Payton after the game that not only was it PI, but it was also helmet to helmet. At the very least the official needs to be fired. They fire kickers for missing kicks, why not fire an official for missing such a blatant call that, literally, cost a team a trip to the Super Bowl?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Dude had a bad year. It wasn't just that one (blocked) kick.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steeler and the Ab situation get the headline piece today.

Here's everything you need to know about Tomlin (who the article/people interviewed blame for the situation multiple times):
A tardy Antonio Brown slipped into another Pittsburgh Steelers team meeting through the backdoor.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin revealed to his team what most already knew in regard to his prolific star receiver.

"[Tomlin] essentially told the group, we'll tolerate it now because of what he brings on the field, but the minute production stops, you don't overlook it," said one ex-Steeler who played with Brown for three seasons, recalling a story that multiple players confirmed.
You think Belichick would tolerate that shit?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Smith probably not playing in 2019, and the Redskins are in a world of hurt.

On an un-related note, my brother and I are not renewing our season tickets.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: On an un-related note, my brother and I are not renewing our season tickets.
Due to a lack of hope?

My neighbor claims he's not renewing his TTUN season tickets. I don't really believe him.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Due to a lack of hope?
Yeah. Mostly ownership (Snyder) and Bruce Allen. Firing the guy brought in to boost the fan experience after less than 1 year. You hate your coach, I hate my organization.

That, and I think at least for the near future it'll be cheaper just to buy resale tickets.

I think he's on to something here:
Lafemina, who also spent time with the Knicks and MSG, was the first to openly acknowledge that the team’s season ticket waiting list, once reported to be in the hundreds of thousands of names, did not exist anymore.
Even UNC basketball, which requires a 250k+ one-time donation, with $10k/year donation (before $$$ of tickets) and were routinely sold out for decades, aren't sold out any more (Except the major games).

I think in-person attendance just doesn't matter to people as much with fancy TVs, couches, etc.