NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Huh. I would want more angles... the league is pretty clear about not going at knees or below... but jeez.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Huh. I would want more angles... the league is pretty clear about not going at knees or below... but jeez.
He was falling down. Are the players supposed to alter gravity's effect on their bodies?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Huh. I would want more angles... the league is pretty clear about not going at knees or below... but jeez.
He was falling down. Are the players supposed to alter gravity's effect on their bodies?
He was pretty clearly still running towards the QB and lunged at him while falling, that wasn't "just a fall"
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
He was pretty clearly still running towards the QB and lunged at him while falling, that wasn't "just a fall"
That's baiting because, literally, every talking head and even fans of the Falcons are calling bullshit on the call and the fine.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The fine is BS, and the call is marginal, but he's definitely TRYING to hit the QB.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Well, of course. They're ALWAYS trying to hit the QB, but he was falling and clearly barely touched Ryan.

When even QBs are questioning roughing the passer calls, shit's broken.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I never know if Leisher is excited or mad when Pitt pulls off a win like that.

Also, I have no idea what the pick rules are in the NFL.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Also, great 30 minutes of football from the Redskins today. :(
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I never know if Leisher is excited or mad when Pitt pulls off a win like that.

Also, I have no idea what the pick rules are in the NFL.
I'm always rooting for them to win. Especially against a division rival.

I see NBC is trying to get ratings for their halftime show by calling the win controversial because of a block on that play. What they're leaving out are two other facts:
1. Steelers should have been ruled as scoring a TD earlier, but got the ball at the half yard line and had to kick a field goal. That's four points that would have meant Cincy would have needed an onside kick recovery to win.
2. They were already well in field goal range when they scored the winning play.
TheCatt wrote: Also, great 30 minutes of football from the Redskins today.
I thought they were going to rout the Panthers.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

NBC just aired the "controversial play" discussion.

The NFL said the play was legit and legal. Fucking bait and switch bullshit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

So I read up on it, not watching Sunday Night Football, and re-watched the play. The DB fucked up. He was too close to the line, so being within 1 yd of scrimmage, he could be legally blocked. He originally lined up correctly a couple yds back, then moved up when they shifted.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

End of the Redskins game: Three downs in the red zone from the 15, 5 yards for the first, 45 seconds and two time outs.

I still don’t know wtf happened between the play calling and Cam’s execution - but if I was a sports better I’d bet and lose the house AGAIN betting we’d have won it.

Panthers made too many stupid mistakes, and the Redskins did a good job of avoiding the same on their end.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I really thought the Panthers would win. The Redskins gave up a bunch of easy yards two drives in a row, couldn't pressure Cam to make a mistake, then Cam went to his own weakness (quick throws) without the Redskins making it happen.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steelers on a bye and Bell still isn't back.

Speculation is he'll show up Monday.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

It's almost like everyone said this would happen and the NFL didn't listen...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Denver has 10 offensive plays, and 28 points.

1 1-play, 64-yd drive for TD
1 6-play, 77-yd drive for TD
1 3 and out
2 Pick 6s
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I'm play their defense this week and sat Freeman as he's been seldom used the past two weeks. yay.