NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Haskins had a decent game today, fumble-sack-touchdown on the final play not included.
Urb was there watching the game.
Hmmm

Yay?
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Oh, 49ers... that should not have happened.

You, too, Rams.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Anti-Meyer article
And even if you strip all that away and just focus on football, the fascination with Meyer still doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Though he’s clearly a sharp football mind — something more fans are getting a glimpse into with his analyst work on FOX this season — the whole predicate of his offense in its various forms over the years was to make the defense defend every inch of the field and create a numbers advantage, often with the quarterback running the ball. That’s not exactly a formula that has worked reliably in the NFL.
Ravens sure are terrible this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Meyer would be a very interesting hire, and I think a good one. His offense would work just fine in the NFL. Yes, the Ravens are proof.

However, I don't think that is going to happen, but you never know!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Oh my, that punt. I like how one of the Bills players started running off the field while the ball was still in the ai.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Meyer would be a very interesting hire, and I think a good one. His offense would work just fine in the NFL. Yes, the Ravens are proof.

However, I don't think that is going to happen, but you never know!
Even if it did happen, we'd still need to revamp the rest of the front office.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Why do defenses run to the end zone after a turnover that's clearly whistled dead and setup like a team photo?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Why do defenses run to the end zone after a turnover that's clearly whistled dead and setup like a team photo?
You should listen to Bill Burr on this topic. I don't think he's alone in complaining that the constant celebrations are out of control.

Yep, you just sacked the QB, and that's a really cool dance. However, your team is down 4 touchdowns and it's the 4th quarter...

Going to rant a second:
Last night was another reminder that when the season is on the line, the guy you don't want coaching your team is Mike Tomlin.

My Browns fan family members cannot fathom why I want Tomlin gone. I think it's interesting to compare our views of what we want for our team based upon our respective team histories.

I don't think Tomlin is the worst coach in the league. I know I say things like that from time to time, but I do know he's, at least, an average coach. He's not Freddy Kitchens or Pat Schurmer or Matt Patricia or anyone like that. However, he's also not Bill Belichick, Kyle Shanahan, or Pete Carroll.

Honestly, he's at the same level as Jason Garrett. Now if your team is languishing for years and have had incompetent boobs in charge, Garrett would probably look like an amazing hire. He'll make you relevant to the league, but he's not getting you to the Super Bowl without ideal circumstances.

If you have a team filled with HOFers and Pro Bowlers, if your staff is filled with league veterans including the great DC in history, if Tom Brady gets hurt for the season, if you happen to have the flukiest defensive touchdown in Super Bowl history go your way, and one of the top 5 catches in Super Bowl history do the same, then Garrett can win you a Super Bowl. Without all of that though, you'll probably have a good regular season and then flame out in the playoffs. And Heaven help you if you face Blake Bortles or Tim Tebow in the playoffs though because you're going to lose those games...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You should listen to Bill Burr on this topic. I don't think he's alone in complaining that the constant celebrations are out of control.
I have no problem with celebrations, but I just find that one odd.
Leisher wrote: However, your team is down 4 touchdowns and it's the 4th quarter...
On the one hand, you want players to stay engaged, on the other hand, yeah...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

There's a LOT of talk that Cleveland is going to retain Freddie Kitchens.

I'm all for giving a guy a chance to build his vision, and didn't like it when they fired Chud after a year, but damn. Kitchens has been an absolute disaster.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: There's a LOT of talk that Cleveland is going to retain Freddie Kitchens.

I'm all for giving a guy a chance to build his vision, and didn't like it when they fired Chud after a year, but damn. Kitchens has been an absolute disaster.
This was just a dumb hire to begin with. It never should have happened.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Go Bills. They can't win the division, but they can take away NE's first week bye.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I'm a stress-eater. I'd probably weigh 500 lbs in the NFL
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Redskins making it to the Pro Bowl
Pro Bowlers: Tress Way, P (1); Brandon Scherff, G (3)
Yep, our punter.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Yep, our punter.
Better than nobody. Although, I'd argue McLaurin belongs in the game.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Jaguars fire Coughlin.

Code: Select all

The apparent last straw for Khan was the letter the NFLPA sent to every player in the league that announced it won a grievance filed against the Jaguars for requiring former player Dante Fowler to attend rehab and doctor appointments in Jacksonville during the offseason and fining him more than $700,000 when he didn't.

The letter also warned players about potentially signing with the Jaguars in the future because it said more than 25% of the grievances filed by NFL players have been against the club and that players "continue to be at odds with Jaguars management over their rights under the [collective bargaining agreement] far more than players on other clubs."
Weird that this stuff didnt come out earlier.