NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Clinched a playoff berth in my only league this year with a win over my division leader. Now I just have to make my way through the teams with the two best records.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I'm #1 in points scored in my league. But am in 6th place at 6-6, and will probably lose this week to be 6-7.

I'm #2 in points against.

So basically, i have the best team in the league, but almost the worst luck.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:I'm #1 in points scored in my league. But am in 6th place at 6-6, and will probably lose this week to be 6-7.

I'm #2 in points against.

So basically, i have the best team in the league, but almost the worst luck.
There's at least three games I've lost by ten points or fewer. I've got the highest points against (far and away) of anyone that made it in the playoffs.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I qualified for the playoffs yesterday with a 7-6 record. That made me the wild card team with the best record and I was tied with a division winner.

Our fantasy league's year was as weird as the NFL's.

Similar to Catt, I'm #2 in points for and #2 in points against. My division leader is 10-2 and has scored well over 100 points less than me.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Second place in my league, with a first round bye next week. (Which I came within a point of losing thanks to FUCKING TOM BRADY) (Alternatively WORTHLESS DWAYNE BOWE)

I have more points scored than the leader, but the third place guy has like 150 more points than everyone else (Vick effect)
Troy

Post by Troy »

Second place in my league, with a first round bye next week. (Which I came within a point of losing thanks to FUCKING TOM BRADY) (Alternatively WORTHLESS DWAYNE BOWE)

I have more points scored than the leader, but the third place guy has like 150 more points than everyone else (Vick effect)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Of the teams in playoffs in my league ... points for, points against, and records

For Against
1584 1335 ... Lucky motherfucker ... 10-3
1737 1531 ... 9-4
1437 1282 ... What the hell? ... 9-4
1682 1501 ... 8-5
1571 1617 ... Me ... Highest points against of any team .500 or over, second-highest of any team in the postseason, third overall.

The two teams that have more points against than me?
1573 1633 5-8 ... Slides into the playoffs in the last spot.
1560 1619 5-8

I damn near always have the highest points against of any team in the playoffs. Those two dudes in the 1200-1300 range, I don't know how the HELL they get so fucking lucky, because they've always got the lowest points against every goddamn year. That stat drives me insane because it's the one bit you have no control over.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Boo, suck, I'm out of the playoffs. We only had a 4 team playoff (out of 10).
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:Boo, suck, I'm out of the playoffs. We only had a 4 team playoff (out of 10).
I slid in with #5 seed. Another week & I could've overtaken the #3 and #4 dudes, probably.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Catt didn't make your picks this week?
Heard a good one about Farve. Why would any team want to hurt the shoulder he uses to throw so many interceptions with?
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

unkbill

Post by unkbill »

The video of it from inside was awesome. As far as being Lions. Isn't it funny where they are playing tomorrow night.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

unkbill wrote:Catt didn't make your picks this week?
Heard a good one about Farve. Why would any team want to hurt the shoulder he uses to throw so many interceptions with?
I gave up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Dome game canceled due to snow, but the Chicago game took place, in the same storm.

Domes suck.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:Dome game canceled due to snow, but the Chicago game took place, in the same storm.

Domes suck.
Places like that are built to be exposed to the elements. I don't think the interior of the Metrodome is. And that could be the death knell for that place.

Twins have their own stadium, Wild have their own, T-Wolves have their own (for all dozen of their fans), college team has their own big-ass stadium, Vikes are probably going to demand their own, now.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote:Clinched a playoff berth in my only league this year with a win over my division leader. Now I just have to make my way through the teams with the two best records.
One down, one to go. Had a couple slackers last week that made me nervous a bit. Can't afford such that this week. Taking on the #1 seed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I was knocked out as soon as Aaron Rogers went down.
Vikes are probably going to demand their own, now.

You must have missed Magic Johnson a few weeks back when he said he was trying to help move an existing NFL team to LA. Minnesota wound up being the speculated team and a new arena was mentioned as being needed to keep them there.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I was knocked out as soon as Aaron Rogers went down.

That killed Greg Jennings for me. He was gold right before that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

#1 in points. #1 in points against.

Welcome to 6th place, me (out of 10).
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Shall I keep Jennings in this week, despite the probably loss of Rodgers? It's not like GB's second-stringer isn't going to have to throw a lot against NE and he's as likely to get targeted as anyone. The alternatives are starting...

Derrick Mason
Chad Ochocinco
Owen Daniels
Mike Thomas

Based on Owen's past week, I'm tempted to start him as he looked to be back to his old self for the first time in a bit.