NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Haskins is the fourth quarterback Washington has chosen in the first round since 2002. None of them -- Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campbell and Robert Griffin III -- solved the position long-term.
Please don't bust.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: The more I think on this... "Black QB, strong arm, known as a runner, Redskins savior" reminds me of RG3
but he's not a running QB, thats just it. I saw where Stephen A said this and i was thinking "did this dude watch ANY Ohio State games?"
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: but he's not a running QB, thats just it. I saw where Stephen A said this and i was thinking "did this dude watch ANY Ohio State games?"
That was my joke :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

People giving the Redskins great grades on day 1... but our team still has some pretty significant issues... is this what it feels like to be a Browns fan?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Funny, I almost posted this morning that the Skins should draft McLaurin so Haskins has someone he knows to throw to, but thought he'd go in the 2nd round, and the Skins had no 2nd round pick.

Apparently the Skins have switched from Bama to OSU for drafting.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

You'll like McLaurin. He's a good player. Lots of upside, but did get overshadowed at OSU. However, they had so many WRs, they all found it hard to get into the games.

That's a great pick for Haskins too. Very smart to give him a familiar face.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Redskins will take to the ground with 500 RBs after Guice comes back from injury, they resigned AP, and just drafted Bryce Love. Not to mention Perine and Thompson.

Meanwhile, they desperately need some LBs, and have drafted zero.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

Ok, Panthers Christmas morning.

Some exciting new pass rushers, a backup QB we actually drafted, a new OT. A bunch of other guys who probably won't make the team...

All in all sounds goods.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

SuperBook thinks Browns will win division, but also will miss playoffs
The SuperBook at the Westgate Las Vegas opened odds on all 32 NFL teams to make (or miss) the postseason on Sunday afternoon, with the Browns a -120 favorite to miss the playoffs. Cleveland hasn't made the postseason since 2002 and finished 7-8-1 last year (and 1-31 the previous two seasons).

"It's a really tough division," SuperBook director John Murray told ESPN. "I think people are making a mistake if they write the Steelers off, the Ravens should be solid again and the Bengals can't help but be better with Marvin Lewis gone."

The Browns remain the slight +140 favorite to win the AFC North at the SuperBook, with the Steelers at +150 and the Ravens at +300.

Cleveland also opened with a win total of nine (over -130, under +110), a full three games higher than its closing total of six last season.
Go drop some $$$ at the Westgate, Leisher.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I’m going to drop a few long term bets while I’m here.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steelers give up on Artie Burns.

Amazing the defensive secondary guru Tomlin couldn't make a star out of him...

Also, I placed bets on the Browns while in Vegas.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: BR agrees with Leisher
The funny thing is I disagree with their reasoning.

They actually try to justify the Steelers bending over and taking it from Bell and Brown. What moron wrote that article? You know what they don't do in New England or previously in Pittsburgh? Coddle drama. As it turns out, coddling drama doesn't lead to championships.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Browns are the new Patriots.

OK, I'm calling peak hype. All downhill from here.
Odell Beckham Jr. has big plans for the Cleveland Browns.

GQ chronicled Beckham's daring fashion choice for Monday's Met Gala -- a tuxedo jacket with cutoff sleeves and a kilt to fit the event's camp theme -- and the star wide receiver shared his bold vision for his new team with the magazine.

"I plan on being there for the next five years and trying to bring as many championships there as possible, turning [the Browns] into the new Patriots," he told GQ.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The hype train is getting a bit ridiculous.

I still believe a division title is theirs for the losing, but a united Steelers team might be lurking.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: The hype train is getting a bit ridiculous.

CHOO CHOOO.. ALL ABOARD!!!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote:
Leisher wrote: The hype train is getting a bit ridiculous.

CHOO CHOOO.. ALL ABOARD!!!
I will not be on that bandwagon.

I will genuinely be happy for you and my BIL if they do good, but secretly I'm rooting for an implosion because woeful Browns are a more interesting story than successful Browns. They're the Patriots of losing...
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Just remember, the Patriots were once the Browns of the NFL...
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!