NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Steelers had the fourth easiest, but were 6-2 against winning teams.
Terrible coach you have :P
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I really didn't like that last link.
Leisher
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by Leisher »

Darnold and Rosen both declare.

I honestly think the Browns should consider drafting two QBs in the first round. Why the hell not? Hedge your bets.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Darnold and Rosen both declare.

I honestly think the Browns should consider drafting two QBs in the first round. Why the hell not? Hedge your bets.
That would be the best thing ever.
Leisher
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by Leisher »

Nielsen claims ratings for the NFL are down 7%.

There's a LOT wrong with their claims. I also think there's an interesting sub-story in there that nobody seems to be catching. As people cut cable and stop watching TV, who IS watching TV?

I should specify, TRADITIONAL, TV. I'd guess that more well off families are the ones whose viewing habits are harder to track, while poorer families are becoming prime Nielsen families, which would explain the NBA ratings increase.

I do like that this article finally addresses the fact that Nielsen is not the end all, be all of ratings and it doesn't take a lot of stuff into account. The biggest of which is the Red Zone. The Red Zone is the preferred method of football viewing for fantasy players around the country.
TheCatt
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Although, the practiced in a bubble, so...
TheCatt
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by Leisher »

ESPN ran an expose on the Patriots and a lot of drama there.

Long story short:
Belichick wanted to prove HE is the guy behind the Patriots' success, not Brady. He wanted to dump Tom, but Kraft wouldn't let him. Tom and Kraft are very close. Brisset and Jimmy G. being traded was either Kraft forcing "Brady replacements" out or Belichick emptying the cupboard out of spite. Rumors says this may be the last year of the dynasty as Belichick may walk after this season.
TheCatt
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, lot of rumours. We'll see.
Leisher
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by Leisher »

Parade was held and some players had their feelings hurt.

Get over it you fucking bitches.

This is the fans saying enough is enough. This isn't a protest against YOU, but against management. They're demanding a better team. Unless you're a shitty player this protest helps you.
Leisher
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by Leisher »

Well.

I've never seen that before.
TheCatt
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I wasn't watching the game... what was your 2nd comment for?

And that parade was awesome.
TheCatt
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I assume you mean this... which sure looks like he was over the line, but I assume the reviewed it.
Leisher
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by Leisher »

Yep, that was the play. Only the second time in history a QB has completed a TD pass to himself.

Your replay does make him look over the line. It didn't look that close live. They did review it, but they also reviewed those catches in Pittsburgh and Buffalo, so... :D

That was a wild game.

This one has been a snorefest so far.
TheCatt
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by Leisher »

10 years/$100 million.
TheCatt
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

SJW NFL

Post by Leisher »

Had a discussion with some people at New Year's that I don't think Brady is the GOAT. I was laughed at, but to be fair one was a Michigan fan. If you don't hang out with Michigan fans, you're lucky. Lately, since they suck, their thing has been to hang their hats on Brady.

Anyway...

Brady was shit in college. Was a late round draft pick. Never actually won the job of starting QB, and fell into it when the starter went down hurt. He plays for the greatest coach in history. In a division that's historically bad. The team has done just as well during times he was hurt or suspended.

There's a rumor out there that the week prior to playing the Steelers this year Belichick put in a "Brady heavy" offensive plan and then let him try to beat Miami. Brady had one of the worst games of his career and NE got hammered by the terrible Dolphins.

Belichick wanted to dump Brady prior to this year, but Kraft refused to let Belichick do that, which led to Belichick trading the Patriots' future franchise QB "Jimmy Jesus". Sources have said Kraft now thinks they made a huge mistake trading him. Duh.

My point was Brady became a very good QB, but he is not the GOAT. Far from it actually.