NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I have to admit, Fitz's beard is awesome.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I have to admit, Fitz's beard is awesome.
The fan beards have been fun.

Rothlisberger can act, too. :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Well, the Fitzmagic was fun while it lasted.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Did that receiver just blatantly drop that pass?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Did that receiver just blatantly drop that pass?
The touchdown? I missed the play. I thought it was defended.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

If you can find the replay watch it.

One of the DBs did hit the ball, but it still went into the WRs arms/hands and he seemed to clinch it, then let go. I think he actually might have been putting his hands down to secure his landing? It was weird.

I get the rule, but that call against the Bucs sucks.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

So the NFL's Thursday night games are moving to FOX this week and streaming live on Amazon Prime. The announce team has just been announced and it's Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer. (Cue Gordon's catchphrase...)

I like both of them as sports reporters, but I find it odd that two women who never played the sport on any level will be the only ones in the broadcast booth.

In related news, the two guys doing the MNF commentary (one is Witten) are fucking awful.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Discussion (and video) of the McDonald/Conte play from MNF. It's worse for Conte than you think. "He's got to explain this to his kids! He's got to tell his wife or girlfriend." Ha!

This whole video is great.

If McDonald's, the restaurant, doesn't immediately do an ad campaign with this guy...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Sounds like Hannah + Andrea are just on Amazon Prime, and a choice at that.
Prime Video customers can choose between the Fox broadcast with Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, and three separate Prime Video exclusive audio streams: Andrea Kremer and Hannah Storm; Spanish-language announcers; and a U.K. English language broadcast team. To access these additional audio options, Prime members simply select their desired audio track from the Prime Video player menu.
I've listened to a lot of terrible former players as announcers. I'm totally fine with non-player announcers.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I'm totally fine with non-player announcers.
I don't mind non-player anything. I just think it's a weird move by Amazon to go with two women in the booth for an all men's sport.

In no way am I condemn the women or Amazon. It just feels strange.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stop me if this sounds familiar: Guy in Minnesota, has terrible anger issues, no threat to himself, but might be a threat to others...

Ok, it's not Malcolm, but one of the Vikings has serious mental issues.

That's sad. I hope he takes this seriously and gets the help he clearly needs.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

James Harrison tells Bell to return at the deadline, then fake an injury to not play.

Let's be honest, that's probably Bell's plan.

The Steelers should really consider their options. Either trade him for nothing or rescind their offer the day prior to him reporting. End of the day, they're holding onto him in the hopes of negotiating a deal, which won't happen, or to get a third round pick. Just trade him for the third round pick, save yourself $14M, and end the circus around your team.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Mean Joe does a cool thing at his alma mater.

Steelers gets drug tests at 3 a.m. after the MNF game.

Matthews asks for his release and gets it.

Someone will be calling him. Don't count out the Browns if they don't pull the trigger on Dez.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

Omg - out of the clouds, Panthers just signed Eric Reid.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Omg - out of the clouds, Panthers just signed Eric Reid.
Not quite out of the clouds.... But nice.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:
Troy wrote: Omg - out of the clouds, Panthers just signed Eric Reid.
Not quite out of the clouds.... But nice.
I never thought for a second it would happen. Ex teammates talking him up on social media, but Rivera was saying at the Monday press conference that “we were set at safety.”

The old owner of this team didn’t like to get guys with freaking neck tattoos and now we signed Eric Reid.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I have no idea who that is...

Do I start Kirk Cousins against the Rams tonight or grab someone like Flacco on the road against the porous Steelers?
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: I have no idea who that is...
The dude who started protesting with Kapenerick. Wasn't as vocal as Kaepernick but definetly is responsible for helping to start the "kneeling" movement. Was/is a pretty good SS and decent FS.
Last edited by Troy on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.