NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

I'm in Cleveland for an indeterminate amount of time, right next to the stadium. There is a bigger delay between TV and Live than I thought. They shoot some kind of cannon when the Browns score TDs and it totally ruins the build up on TV.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Really? A 2pt conversion to make sure your team doesn't accidentally win in OT? That's some BS
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Skins are on track to be the only NFC East team that wins. And that includes the Cowboys vs the Jets
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Skins are on track to be the only NFC East team that wins. And that includes the Cowboys vs the Jets
Maybe they won't lose another game?

This might cheer you up: Anonymous source says Tomlin to the Jets is far fetched.

Now the bad side of that is the anonymous source sounds like your typical talking head. In other words, zero credibility.

If the Rooneys truly want out of the Tomlin business, and Kevin Colbert could be thisclose to retiring, then it makes sense to get draft picks for Tomlin. A lot of the fan base has turned against Tomlin, and that includes the local media. This might be the perfect way to get rid of Tomlin without firing him. It all hinges on the Rooney family's real feelings about Tomlin.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Maybe they won't lose another game?
HAHAHAHAHAHA... whatever it is we're trying to do, we'll F it up.
Leisher wrote: If the Rooneys truly want out of the Tomlin business, and Kevin Colbert could be thisclose to retiring, then it makes sense to get draft picks for Tomlin. A lot of the fan base has turned against Tomlin, and that includes the local media. This might be the perfect way to get rid of Tomlin without firing him. It all hinges on the Rooney family's real feelings about Tomlin.
IF this happens, it's ALL WIN for the Steelers.

49ers 5-0 after winning the AFC North and beating the Rams.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Who the fuck is Devlin Hodges? Did the Steelers lose 2 QBs now?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Who the fuck is Devlin Hodges? Did the Steelers lose 2 QBs now?
Yeah, Rudolph was knocked unconscious in the game with the Ravens. Hodges started the season on our practice squad.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Who the fuck is Devlin Hodges? Did the Steelers lose 2 QBs now?
Yeah, Rudolph was knocked unconscious in the game with the Ravens. Hodges started the season on our practice squad.
Working out well tonight, kinda
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, he's not bad. Went 6 for 8 went he came in for Rudolph.

Had a Cleveland fan text me at halftime that he'd give up Baker and a 2nd rounder for Hodges right now.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

How the heck are the Panthers gonna have a chance in the NFC South when his Holiness is giving Sunday morning shout-outs to our rivals?! I knew Teddy Bridgewater being 4-0 was fishy af.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

What's the buzz with the Panthers? Is Cam's time done now that Allen is playing so well?
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: What's the buzz with the Panthers? Is Cam's time done now that Allen is playing so well?
The organization is (supposedly) saying that they aren't even going to think about it until Cam is back to 100%.

Allen is winning games, but he's not playing like a healthy MVP Cam in his prime.

I think as long as Allen keeps winning, Panthers are afforded the luxury of letting Cam rest. The longer he rests, the more likely he comes back at 100%. We haven't seen healthy Cam in over two years, not since the Pittsburgh game where the younger Watt brother nearly tore his shoulder off (nothing illegal about the hit).

Cam hasn't had the OL that Allen has now either. After Cam got benched we've been rolling the dice at LT and finding some serious potential in our draft class with Greg Little and Dennis Daley. Calling the previous LT's turnstiles would be a compliment.

From a fan perspective, I don't think many think that Allen + this O-line has a better chance in the playoffs than a healthy Cam + this O-line.

Our pass rush this year is something else too. They are forcing turnovers, and making the entire defense and team better as a result. Carolina doesn't need MVP Cam to win these games. Just need a good game manager making smart decisions, which Allen has been excelling at.

I think it will take just take one game where we need Superman again, instead of a game manager, for people to start thinking "I wonder if Cam is healthy by now?"

That said, what if Cam is not going to be 100% healthy ever again? What if him putting the entire team on his back with no weapons or o-line for YEARS has completely used him up??

Given all that.... I want them both, honestly. Panthers probably do too, if they can afford it. It's a super tough predicament, but one that some teams would love to have.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

Here's a good summary from our injured Pro Bowl Guard:
“You let [Allen] ball, man. As long as he’s in there, he’s gonna ball. As [is] anybody,” injured Panthers guard Trai Turner said, via Joe Person of TheAthletic.com. “It’s like Daryl [Williams] filling in for me. He’s supposed to ball. He’s supposed to hold it down 100 percent. . . .

“We’ll figure it out when that happens. But at this time, we just need Kyle to keep balling. And when Cam comes back, he’s gonna be ready to ball. So as long as we’ve got ballers on the squad and we keep winning, that’s all that matters.”
We just need ballers to ball. Duh.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: where the younger Watt brother
Did you guys watch the Chargers-Steelers game? Was anyone else as surprised as I was that there is a third Watt brother playing in the NFL? How did I miss that news?

Eagles coach predicts win against the Cowboys.

Chargers aren't amused that their home stadium playing the Steelers' anthem during the game.

You shouldn't have moved from SD. Nobody in LA gives a fuck about the Chargers.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: We just need ballers to ball. Duh.
Dude could probably coach the Redskins...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Eagles coach predicts win against the Cowboys.
I mean, the 3 wins the Boys have are Skins, Giants, + Fins. That's not exactly top shelf. The Eagles beat the Jets (ooops, Dallas), and the Packers.

ESPN disagrees with me, giving the Boys a 63% chance. Vegas is giving Dallas -3. If I were in Vegas, I'd take that bet.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
Troy wrote: where the younger Watt brother
Did you guys watch the Chargers-Steelers game? Was anyone else as surprised as I was that there is a third Watt brother playing in the NFL? How did I miss that news?
Jeez, I guess they just assemble these guys out of bovine parts and flannel out in the Midwestern woods somewhere. They are all yuuuge.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Troy wrote: We just need ballers to ball. Duh.
Dude could probably coach the Redskins...
Don't you DARE offer that job to anyone else. That's Mike Tomlin's gig and it's time you accepted that!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Fansided thinks Tomlin is the best coach in the NFL.

Because his staff came up with the game plan of running and not throwing more than 10 yards down field against a really bad team against the run. What a genius.

Now excuse me as I tweet this @DanSynder.