NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Stranger, make sure you read my wall of text about Tomlin (top of this page, 425) that was a response to you asking why I bash him.
What coach(es) would you rather have? Hue Jackson? Bruce Arians? Matt Nagy? Anthony Lynn? One of the Grudens? Mike Zimmer! Adam Gase? Jason Garrett? Zac Taylor?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

You must really like Mike Zimmer.

Call me crazy, but I'd take Jon Gruden. The guy has his team playing hard for him and they've surpassed all expectations. Carr is having his best year ever, and they were good talent evaluators in the draft.

And why are you only listing the terrible coaches? How about Lincoln Riley? How about Matt Campbell? How about Kyle Shanahan? How about Sean McDermott who is doing a lot with no QB? There are a ton of good coaches in college getting a lot out of a little.

I am very aware that if Tomlin leaves we could get some dumb ass. However, you need to admit that we can't get a great coach without risking getting a bad one.

If you guys are fine with "decent" regular seasons followed by a loss in the first game of the playoffs, year after year after year, I guess Tomlin's your guy.

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the off the field drama. I'm sick of the lack of discipline. I'm sick of subpar results with HOF talent while hearing about his coaching excellence. I'm sick of mediocrity. I'd rather suck and get great draft picks to build with than constantly have a winning season knowing they aren't going to do shit with it.

Mason Rudolph's agent is talking legal options about Garrett's attack.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: And why are you only listing the terrible coaches? How about Lincoln Riley? How about Matt Campbell? How about Kyle Shanahan? How about Sean McDermott who is doing a lot with no QB? There are a ton of good coaches in college getting a lot out of a little.
I'm saying there's probably 20 coaches in the NFL worse than Tomlin.
Leisher wrote: Matt Campbell
Over-rated.
Leisher wrote: Sean McDermott
If you want to keep losing to Belichik...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mason Rudolph's agent is talking legal options about Garrett's attack.
Assuming Rudolph was basically OK from the attack, I doubt there's much going to happen here.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Bans
* Indefinite ban, minimum through '19 season
Garrett's suspension, which is at least six games, is the longest in NFL history for a single on-field incident.

The NFL also suspended Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi one game for pushing Rudolph in the back to the ground shortly after Garrett had slugged the Steelers quarterback in the head with the helmet. Pittsburgh center Maurkice Pouncey, who jumped into Garrett, kicking and punching him after Rudolph had been struck, was suspended three games.

All three players -- who were ejected from Thursday's game -- are suspended without pay and will be fined. In addition, the NFL has fined the Browns and Steelers organizations $250,000 each for the incident.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I'm saying there's probably 20 coaches in the NFL worse than Tomlin.
I disagree. I think there are probably 20 coaches in the NFL who could get the same results as Tomlin if they were the HC of the Steelers.
TheCatt wrote: Over-rated.
Maybe.
TheCatt wrote: If you want to keep losing to Belichik...
The dude has not only beaten Belichick, not only barely lost to him with Josh fucking Allen, but the Bills are consistently the only thing close to competition for NE in that division.
TheCatt wrote: Assuming Rudolph was basically OK from the attack, I doubt there's much going to happen here.
Financially, I would agree. However, they could give Garrett some criminal trouble.

Lena Dunham is one of the most insane, unlikable human beings on the planet. She is easily on the same level as Trump.

As for the bans, I'm fine with all of it. Garrett should not be appealing though. He's trying to defend his money, but this is his third incident of the season. It's also one the actual law could be involved in if Rudolph wants to push that. So he should take his suspension, shut the fuck up, and apply for reinstatement in 2020.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: but the Bills are consistently the only thing close to competition for NE in that division.
Low fucking bar.
Leisher wrote: The dude has not only beaten Belichick, not only barely lost to him with Josh fucking Allen,
I'm confused, since he's 0 - 5 against Belichick.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I truly thought he had beaten him recently. My bad.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Insane person meets with the NFL for 8 hours.

It still cracks me up that he physically threatened the Raiders' GM and called him a racial slur, yet expects the Raiders to cut him a check.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Reporter Miles Garrett gets a lot of hate on Twitter. Ha!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Not sure what's worse, Miles Garrett trying to murder a QB with a helmet or the Browns fans on Twitter defending him. (Not you Stranger.)

I mean, defending attempted murder and being proud of the guy makes you a Ravens fan...

Precedent!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Not sure what's worse, Miles Garrett trying to murder a QB with a helmet or the Browns fans on Twitter defending him. (Not you Stranger.)
I haven't see that, but some people are dumb.
Leisher wrote: I mean, defending attempted murder and being proud of the guy makes you a Ravens fan...
Hah!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I haven't see that, but some people are dumb.
It's all over the Twitters.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I haven't see that, but some people are dumb.
It's all over the Twitters.
To be fair, he did instigate the situation, and he ran over to get hit in the head instead of walking away.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Attempted murder or even calling it assault I think are a little extreme. Myles made a very poor snap decision, it really seems out of character for him.

And all the people saying he’s got a history of this because of his fines on QB hits is bullshit. Just about every player gets fined on QB hits but nobody talks about it until something like this happens.

I don’t defend Myles actions and I can even understand the suspension. But I don’t think he deserves all the persecution he’s been receiving.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Attempted murder or even calling it assault I think are a little extreme.
It's definitely assault, by definition. I would call it aggravated assault, since Rudolph started it, though.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: To be fair, he did instigate the situation, and he ran over to get hit in the head instead of walking away.
And as another Twitter person pointed out "That's the argument 6 year olds make." Nothing Mason did deserved having a 5 pound helmet swung at his unprotected head.

And listen, I think he did instigate it to a fight. I think Garrett was wrong for dragging him down, but that's not fight worthy. Rudolph has bad coaches who set him up to fail and he was frustrated. So he wanted this monster off of him in the final play of a game that was over. He got pissed and ripped at Garrett's helmet. Garrett violently responded and it escalated.
Stranger wrote: Attempted murder or even calling it assault I think are a little extreme.
He's extremely lucky Mason saw it coming and ducked or he'd probably be dealing with the police right now. Some lawyers commenting have been saying that since a helmet could kill someone it technically can be assault with a deadly weapon, although the intent wasn't there. Don't forget about the two counts of assault with a deadly weapon a TTUN safety got for throwing beer bottles at someone during a fight.
Stranger wrote: And all the people saying he’s got a history of this because of his fines on QB hits is bullshit.
I think his ejection for throwing a punch at another player earlier this year is more of an indication that he's not "the most chill dude ever".
Stranger wrote: But I don’t think he deserves all the persecution he’s been receiving.
The reality is commit a violent act that nobody has ever seen before and people are going to talk about it. It's going to define you.

It sucks if Garrett is truly a nice person, but he swung the helmet. Nobody else did.