NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Congrats, Stranger.
It's weird being above .500 for the first time in 6 years. Honestly, i thought Washington was going to win it midway through the 3rd quarter. Cleveland offence was struggling to move the ball, Washington was doing fine keeping with the short throws. But Haskins... Hmm, not sure how i feel about him. When the Browns shitty defense picks ya 3 times, thats not good.

Also, didn't help that Chase Young went out in the second quarter, that Washington D-line is nasty. It was much harder running the ball against them than it was the Ravens. There's something to build upon right there.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

NFC East went 0-3-1 this weekend.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

How does any coach in Atlanta still have a job?

Haskins had a lot of good moments, but it's too early to tell yet. Remember, he's now in his third year in a row in a different system. Let's see what Rivera and staff think about him. They clearly don't think they're a playoff team or Smith would probably be starting.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: How does any coach in Atlanta still have a job?
Srsly.
Leisher wrote: Haskins had a lot of good moments, but it's too early to tell yet. Remember, he's now in his third year in a row in a different system. Let's see what Rivera and staff think about him. They clearly don't think they're a playoff team or Smith would probably be starting.
Man. Man... man...
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Remember, he's now in his third year in a row in a different system.
Funny you would say that about the Ohio State QB, Baker has had 4 head coaches in 3 years.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote:
Leisher wrote: Remember, he's now in his third year in a row in a different system.
Funny you would say that about the Ohio State QB, Baker has had 4 head coaches in 3 years.
But Baker is a dick. :D

No, but seriously, Baker is short, doesn't have a cannon arm, has done more towards creating controversy than winning, and has shown up grossly out of shape. He needs to be out there working harder than everyone else. You think Drew Brees became awesome by sitting around eating Cheetos?

When the Browns were on Hard Knocks his first season I legit thought he was "the guy". The way he carried himself, how he immediately came in and tried to acclimate himself to his team, and then how he performed, but it was fool's gold. He lets everything get to him, like Cowherd and the OBJ relationship, and that's bad news for a QB. A QB needs to be like Rodgers who takes your slight and snaps 5 TDs off in your ass. (The Packers should draft a QB in the first round every year if it makes Rodgers keep playing awesome.)

Side note: The more I think about it, the more I think that trailer for QBs was a bad idea. At first I loved it, but I realized it alienated them from the rest of the team. That doesn't help build team chemistry and a true leader wouldn't put himself in comfort while his men didn't have the same.

Anyway, all the different coaches and systems certainly don't help, but his own actions make it worse.

I think if Baker got his head on straight and tuned out the distractions, he could easily be a Phillip Rivers type.

And, being 100% honest, I actually enjoy Baker's commercials!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Someone out there is having PTSD being a Falcons fan.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Hey, i'm not out here championing Baker as the next Russel Wilson, i'm not completely sold on him either. I was just making reference to how many changes he's seen in what is just beginning his 3rd year. I do think Baker was feeling himself a little too much after his rookie season, hell the whole country was basically on that bandwagon. But i do see a difference in Baker this year, humility will shut you up real quick. Also, having Stefanski as a coach is a big help, much more level headed and his interviews are about as boring as can be, perfect for him.

And one of his new commercials has one of the rookie lineman in it, so he's propping up others, even a rookie. I think Baker and OBJ both have been much quieter this year and thats a good thing.

BTW. Haskins is in his second year with his second coach.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: BTW. Haskins is in his second year with his second coach.
I was counting OSU.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

When all the divisions are on the playground, the NFC East is the one everyone else makes fun of. "Your division's so bad, the team that had the best day Sunday tied the Bengals!" Sick burn, other divisions, but the truth hurts.
The NFC East is a combined 2-9-1 through three weeks. That's a .208 winning percentage -- the second worst by any division after three weeks since the league went to eight divisions in 2002. The 2002 AFC North was 2-8 (.200 win percentage) after three weeks.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Whose coach(es?) get fired first?
Falcons
Jets
Texans
------------
Broncos
Giants
Vikings
Eagles

Those are in order of where I see them and the dotted line indicates a HUGE drop off from 3 to 4.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The Texans played 2 excellent + 1 very good team. Give them a few more games.

Jets - ooof.

Falcons - so much ooof.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

A 3-0 team has a new starting QB and just lost their RB.

Cowherd reported he has heard the Jets have been calling agents about a new head coach, so Thursday might be the last day for the Jets coach.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

So who will beat the Chiefs?

Probably the Jaguars in some fluke.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

They only beat the Chargers by 3. So who knows.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

NFL is getting even more serious about sideline masks.

I'm really curious how this Steelers-Titans game is going to be handled by fantasy. I have James Connor and I'd prefer starting him over someone on my bench. My opponents have Pitt's kicker, but I see they added a K today (dumb move because doing so on Wednesday affects their waiver order).
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

ESPN says MNF ratings are up 4% on the whole from last year.