NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Ooof, the Raiders. They're not even fielding a professional team.

Also, the 4th quarter of the Eagles and Cowboys has been fun to watch. Fortunately I skipped the first 3 quarters
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Mike Tomlin has never won in Oakland. Think about that for a bit. Think about how good Oakland has been in the 14 years Tomlin has been in the league.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Tomlin is his post game interview said Ben was cleared to return a few minutes after half time, but didn't put him in because "the team was in a rhythm". Just FYI, the Steelers didn't score a point in the 2nd half until Ben came in with 5 minutes left.

Worst coach in the NFL.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tomlin is his post game interview said Ben was cleared to return a few minutes after half time, but didn't put him in because "the team was in a rhythm". Just FYI, the Steelers didn't score a point in the 2nd half until Ben came in with 5 minutes left.

Worst coach in the NFL.
Holy fuck.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Troy wrote: Panthers wise it's time for:

Coaches to get fired
Cam to get shoulder surgery and sit the rest of the season
Funchess to stop wasting everyone's time and let the better WRs get snaps

I bought a bunch of tickets for the 12/23 Falcons game to take both sets of parents back in NC. Looks like I could have saved some money if I had waited...
I’ve heard Newton had shoulder problems but today it was obvious. Passes all we’re way to high to catch. It looks like hes laboring to throw the ball. And the “Hail Mary” pass at the end of the game was a totally different QB.

I think Riverboat Ron made a huge mistake by not going to McCaffrey late in the game with 1st and goal. Browns couldn’t stop him all day, if they stuck with him I think the Panthers win this one. Might be a big reason he’s on the hot seat.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tomlin is his post game interview said Ben was cleared to return a few minutes after half time, but didn't put him in because "the team was in a rhythm". Just FYI, the Steelers didn't score a point in the 2nd half until Ben came in with 5 minutes left.

Worst coach in the NFL.
Wow, didn’t realize this. Maybe Tomlin is a little dumber than I thought.

I’ve seen Ben go up and down the filed practically in crutches, I’d never sit that guy if he’s good to go.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Losses by the Panthers, Eagles and Redskins left only six NFC teams with records at .500 or above.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Parity!
Stranger wrote: Maybe Tomlin is a little dumber than I thought.
I haven't been just spouting shit. I watch every game. I follow the draft and the roster. Tomlin sucks. He's a great sound bite, sure. However, as an Xs and Os person, he's horrendous. He's among the worst clock managers in the league. He's not a good talent evaluator. He's responsible for the secondary, which is among the worst in the league. That was his coaching specialty, and yet he continually wastes draft picks on busts. He doesn't hire good assistants. The off field issues the Steelers have had under Tomlin are numerous, and the locker room chatter has never been this bad under any other coach.

That shitty defense is his defense. When he was hired all he knew was the Tampa 2, which needs a 4-3. The Steelers used a 3-4 forever under Lebeau. He was told Lebeau would be staying and so would the 3-4. That was a condition of him getting the job. So now that Lebeau finally moved on, his protege is trying to scheme 3-4 stuff into a 4-3 and a Tampa 2, which is insane. Plus, everyone knows how to beat the Tampa 2.

Here's another fun tidbit for you that Tomlin haters have known, and I finally found stats to prove it:

This article is from 2017, but you'll get the gist.

Tomlin was 3-12 on coach's challenges from 2015-early December 2017. That includes 0-4 in 2017. I've watched every game this year, 2018, and he hasn't won one this year either.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Worst coach in the NFL.
FYI, Dobbs threw for 24 yards and a pick during that awesome rhythm.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Raiders fire their GM.

Fournette says fans he got into screaming match with were yelling racial slurs.

I'm going to go ahead and say that if you're comfortable yelling racial slurs at someone in a stadium filled with tens of thousands of people, society probably doesn't need you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The players should report this to stadium security, right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Losses by the Panthers, Eagles and Redskins left only six NFC teams with records at .500 or above.
Technically still true after the Vikings' loss, but only 5 teams with winning records in the NFC
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Redskins have worst home attendance %age. 6th worst overall attendance.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Oakland files a lawsuit against the Raiders and the NFL.
The release stated that by approving the team's move to Las Vegas, the league was "boycotting Oakland in the marketplace for hosting a football club" and, thus, "violated federal antitrust laws while the Raiders' move also violated the NFL's own policies for team relocation."
Well shit, Toledo doesn't have an NFL team, so they must be boycotting us. Time to sue!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Raiders executives have no intention of playing in Oakland next year now that a lawsuit has been filed.

The city better hope it wins because they just cost a lot of folks in their city jobs and revenue in 2019.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Cleveland looks really good right now. Congrats Stranger!

The downside of that, however, is that Greg Williams is making a case to stay and he tried his best to lose that game today.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Wooo! Another team ahead of the Redskins in the draft!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »