NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Jets and Cardinals are apparently out of the bidding, but 3-4 other teams have jumped in over the past 24-48 hours.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Antonio Brown:
No conflict just a matter of respect! Mutual respect! He has a owner mentality like he can call out anybody including coaches.
Also Antonio Brown:
"I don't even have to play football, bro. I don’t even need the game. If they wanna play, they gonna play by my rules.”
Yeah, that's cancer.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Howard to be freed from Bears offense jail.

This is one to watch for fantasy. Howard put up good numbers when the Bears weren't pass happy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Redskins get a discount QB. Too bad that's all he's worth.
The Denver Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Case Keenum to the Washington Redskins, sources confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter on Thursday.

In exchange, the Broncos will get a sixth-round pick in the 2020 draft from the Redskins. Washington will also get a 2020 seventh-rounder from Denver.

The 31-year-old Keenum, who was currently slated to count $21 million against the Broncos' salary cap for the 2019 season, has reworked his contract and will be on a one-year deal with the Redskins, sources told Schefter.

Keenum has a base salary of $18 million this season, but only $7 million was guaranteed in the way of offsets, which the Redskins and Broncos decided to split evenly, sources told Schefter. The Broncos, who would've carried $10 million in "dead money" had they cut Keenum, will instead save $3 million by paying only $3.5 million as well as a $500,000 restructuring bonus.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Redskins out for AB
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Keenum pickup is good for a year long rental, assuming Smith returns.

I'm hearing everyone is out, save maybe the Raiders. I guess Pitt's asking price of a 1st, AB's contract demands, and him shooting his mouth off non-stop have made several teams decide they'd be better off without him. Unless something changes, I guess we'll see if he swallows his pride and shows back up to save his now tarnished reputation or if he really doesn't need football.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
I'm hearing everyone is out, save maybe the Raiders. I guess Pitt's asking price of a 1st, AB's contract demands, and him shooting his mouth off non-stop have made several teams decide they'd be better off without him. Unless something changes, I guess we'll see if he swallows his pride and shows back up to save his now tarnished reputation or if he really doesn't need football.
AB market getting smaller.

Yeah, funny what being a jackass will do to your job prospects.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

And who has the owner mentality?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I'd say pot use shouldn't matter in the NFL
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's a little weird how many things that cannot be agreed to are being announced. Like what's the point of next Wednesday?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

AB heading to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th.

He's lucky the Steelers were willing to take less after he ran his mouth so much. I think the Bell situation prevented them from wanting to have another malcontent on the roster sitting out a year (2 in AB's case).
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: AB heading to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th.

He's lucky the Steelers were willing to take less after he ran his mouth so much. I think the Bell situation prevented them from wanting to have another malcontent on the roster sitting out a year (2 in AB's case).
His demands limited the Steelers' return. Let's see how he feels about losing so much this year.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

So the Steelers are gonna lose AB and Bell for a 3rd, 5th and a compensatory pick plus 21million in dead money. Noice!!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: So the Steelers are gonna lose AB and Bell for a 3rd, 5th and a compensatory pick plus 21million in dead money. Noice!!
Srsly.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Let's see how he feels about losing so much this year.
That's going to be fun to watch.
Stranger wrote: So the Steelers are gonna lose AB and Bell for a 3rd, 5th and a compensatory pick plus 21million in dead money. Noice!!
Two cancers out the door? How will we deal!? I guess we'll have to comfort ourselves with our 6 Super Bowl rings and 8 total appearances. Cleveland Browns fans do the same with all their rings when times are tough, right? :D

The thing I am looking most forward to is the contract Bell signs. Todd Gurley just signed the 2nd biggest contract for a RB and now it's revealed he has arthritis in his knee. Bell is a cancer, a headcase, has been suspended multiple times for drugs, is injury prone, etc., etc. Want to know if your team is poorly run? They'll sign him to a big contract. (That being said, watch the Steelers sign him...)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I guess we'll have to comfort ourselves with our 6 Super Bowl rings and 8 total appearances
Stop living in the past.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I guess we'll have to comfort ourselves with our 6 Super Bowl rings and 8 total appearances
Stop living in the past.
Until Mike Tomlin leaves, it's where I'll have to spend all my time.