NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

And MNF viewers can now safely unmute their TVs.

Concussions down 25%.

Mike McCarthy makes news for being an asshole.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Shockingly, Murray is 1/8th of an inch over 5'10".

Whoever takes him will need to play him out of the shotgun and roll him out.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

538 did a QB analysis, and basically concluded that no one can predict if a QB will be successful in the NFL, but third model liked Murray.

But they noted that even their model wasn't stellar
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

AB was trying to get cut and Drew Rosenhaus was behind it.

Given this is now two WRs he's convinced to sabotage their teams, I wonder if the NFL will consider punishing him. It wouldn't be unprecedented for the NFL to punish or even ban an agent.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

AB refuses to take any blame for his situation.

What is it about WRs that makes them go off the deep end like this late in their careers? I mean, he's legitimately insane.

Larry Fitzgerald praises AB, but warns him that he's making a mistake.

If AB ends up with a bad team, it'll be interesting to see how he responds.

Jags have some folks they want to trade.

Hyde makes sense if their two morons are going to focus next year. He'll be a good grab for someone too.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

OSU had a better than at the combine than on the BBall court. OSU recruits really impressed. At one point, not sure if it held, 7 of the 10 fastest 40 times were Buckeyes. I know the day ended with Paris Campbell tied at #1 with a guy from UMass at 4.31.

CBS Sports says Mike Weber is their vote for most impressive player today.

Haskins looked great throwing.

What if the Steelers offered AB and their 1st rounder for a pick swap with the 49ers or Jets? They could then grab Haskins and let him sit for 2 years behind Ben. They'd have to get Ben's ok on the pick first so as not to piss him off, ala Favre/Rodgers. A pipe dream. Tomlin will pick some CB at #20 that'll be a bust.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

There is a lot of talk that the Cardinals are going to take Murray #1.

A 5'10" QB at #1 selected by a coach who was just fired by Texas Tech only to be named head coach for the Arizona Cardinals.

I wonder if the undersized QBs are going to cause NFL teams to start loading up on fast outside LBs or DEs? They'll be there to contain the QB and close the pocket. Meaning the short guy will have to look over their NFL average 6'6" linemen to throw the ball.

Meanwhile, Haskins, who actually participated in drills, is making his case as a prototypical QB.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

538 Disagrees with you

Has the following ranking: (last # is their model's predicted probability that the QB will meet or exceed a career average of 7.1 yards per passing attempt) Their model's main knock on Haskins is how short his throws have been in college with almost the lowest avg depth of target in the field.

COLLEGE STATS
PLAYER CPOE YPA AVG. DEPTH OF TARGET TOTAL QBR PREDICTED PROB.†
Kyler Murray +9% 10.4 10.4 92 97%
Will Grier +6 9.0 10.2 78 90
Ryan Finley +4 7.6 8.5 76 78
Jordan Ta’amu +6 9.5 10.1 72 72
Dwayne Haskins +9 9.1 7.8 87 63
Brett Rypien +5 8.4 9.9 67 39
Jake Browning +3 8.3 8.8 73 38
Clayton Thorson 0 6.3 7.9 61 29
Trace McSorley +3 8.1 9.7 73 22
Daniel Jones -2 6.4 7.7 62 17
Gardner Minshew +2 7.1 6.8 70 4
Jarrett Stidham +3 8.5 8.3 69 3
Kyle Shurmur -3 7.0 9.0 59 1
Drew Lock -1 7.9 10.3 66 <1
Tyree Jackson -2 7.3 10.4 59 <1
Nick Fitzgerald -4 6.6 10.2 72 <1

!RmindMe 12/31/2021
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: There is a lot of talk that the Cardinals are going to take Murray #1.

A 5'10" QB at #1 selected by a coach who was just fired by Texas Tech only to be named head coach for the Arizona Cardinals.
I'm buying this one. Why would they bring in Kingsbury to coach the immobile Rosen or a defensive end Nick Bosa? This decision may have already been made when they hired Kingbury as coach.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

538 can suck my balls. I actually saw that over the weekend via a tweet or something and even they admit their breakdown is flawed.
Like the rest of the league, practitioners of analytics have a pretty poor track record at predicting QB success. It wasn’t just Browns fans who were high on Johnny Manziel — many predictive performance metrics liked him as well.
Let's never forget how they had Hillary winning the election either. :D

There are simply way, way too many variables that stats can't take into account. His height being one of them. Big 12 defense versus Big Ten defense (style, ranking, etc.) being another. Top 50 teams for passing yards allowed in 2018 (you want to be on this list). Is there a Big 12 team on this list?

A friend of mine (who also happens to be a UNC fan) saw some breakdown this weekend of Haskins' combine that was compared to Luck, Manning, Brady, and some others. He said Haskins equaled or beat many of them.

But yes, if they don't go to the proper systems, they're fucked. As Emannuel Sanders pointed out to AB, if he wasn't with Pittsburgh and had BB as his QB, would the league even know who he is? Bubby Brister had an absolute cannon, but was drafted by a coach who was half-retired and didn't want to work on someone new. Then got a new HC who he butted heads with. What would have happened to him if he started off elsewhere? If Drew Bledsoe never gets hurt, do we ever hear Tom Brady's name? And there are a billion more examples...

The big thing for Murray is that apparently Kingsbury will put him in an offense that fits him, ala what the Browns did with Baker. Thus, my other question stands. What happens when NFL teams adjust? When they don't let him rollout so he can see? When they play on the line so they take away his quick throws?

Oh, and imho, the biggest thing Haskins is going to need to get over is that he absolutely does get frazzled by pressure.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: But yes, if they don't go to the proper systems, they're fucked.
Also mentioned in the article.
Leisher wrote: even they admit their breakdown is flawed.
But generally "good"
Leisher wrote: the biggest thing Haskins is going to need to get over is that he absolutely does get frazzled by pressure.
Yep.

At any rate, we'll see.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: But generally "good"
As good as any other, so not.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Former Brown in jail for lewd act.

I wish we could get a look at the 77 year old. She must be smoking hot...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Antonio Brown:
No conflict just a matter of respect! Mutual respect! He has a owner mentality like he can call out anybody including coaches.
Also Antonio Brown:
"I don't even have to play football, bro. I don’t even need the game. If they wanna play, they gonna play by my rules.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »