NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I don't understand what Michael Thomas was doing with that cell phone celebration.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I don't understand what Michael Thomas was doing with that cell phone celebration.
Missed it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I don't understand what Michael Thomas was doing with that cell phone celebration.
Recreating a Joe Horn celebration from 15 years ago
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Weird pull.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Bell has until next Tuesday at 4 p.m. to report.

I hope he tries to get cute and rollin at 3:45 p.m. only to get a flat tire or something on the way there so he misses the deadline.

They're saying he may not play now at all. No point in him showing up as he already has achieved the ability to become a free agent. However, the Steelers will slap him with a franchise tag for $9 to $10 million and he has to resign with them unless someone else beats it and the Steelers refuse to match.
Cakedaddy

NFL

Post by Cakedaddy »

I always thought the point spread ensured half the money was on one team, the other half on the other team. Bookies made their money on commission brokering the deal between bettors.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

That's not exactly how it works.

Yes, the point spread is to encourage action on the underdog, but there's not always "juice" (commission). For example, I placed a bet on the Braves to win the NL pennant and didn't pay anything extra to place the bet. Had I won, I would have gotten paid $820. I lost, so Vegas kept my $20.

With so many outlets for gambling these days, the juice is way down or completely off the table. Local bookies have basically been put out of business. Their only customers being people with terrible credit, other folks who can't gamble legally, folks avoiding taxes, etc.

Anyway, not everyone bets spreads. There's also money line betting which eliminates point spreads. Plus, there are teases where you, as the bettor, can move the point spread. There are also parlays that can include spreads, money line, over/under, and so on.

Gambling can be fun if you do it wisely. Never bet anything you can't lose. I have lots of friends who had serious gambling problems. Far, far more than people with substance abuse issues.

If you ever try gambling, go for parlays. A small wager can net you a ton of money if x number of things occur. Bet $5, maybe win $40-400.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

C'mon Titans. Also, I feel like the NFC East turns out like this:
Eagle 9-7
Skins 8-8

TheCatt Sad
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Arians would unretire for the Browns.Also, encourages them to hire Pagano.

Titans look good.

Did you know that prior to this game, the Clappers (trademark Bill Simmons - Watch Jason "The Clapper" Garrett) were undefeated at home this year? 1 of only 5 teams.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The Redskins placed three starters on injured reserve Monday (guards Brandon Scherff and Shawn Lauvao and receiver Paul Richardson).
Good thing we're passing on Dez to keep making due with our bandaids. Although, without Scherff + Lauvao, it's not like Smith's going to have time to throw it to anyone anyway
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

You could have had the RB/WR Bell!

In other news, Ravens are a hot mess and are taking the week off.

I've heard from many places now that Jim could replace John in the offseason. I wonder if a Harbaugh-Harbaugh swap of jobs could occur?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leveon spotted in Pittsburgh.

He hasn't reported yet, and he's making grand statements about how smart he is, but he's clearly been hearing the talking heads. They're all mocking this entire holdout because it has hurt his value.

James Conner's numbers have been better than any year of Bell's.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Big game tonight. I mean, it's no Oakland vs San fran, but it will do.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Big game tonight. I mean, it's no Oakland vs San fran, but it will do.
I HATE that the local games out here are always these two terrible teams. I thought it was bad, and then they actually played each other and it got WORSE.

GOOOOOO PANTHERS!!!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Go Steelers...unless it gets Tomlin fired. Then Go Panthers!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Well...I still have no idea what a catch is in the NFL.

Bad spot on that one first down they gave the Steelers before they got to 45 points.

Steelers D line is obviously our strength. Clearly was a bad matchup for the Panthers.

WTF was Reid thinking? That's going to cost him a game check.

I've been happy with the O play calling tonight. Fitchner finally got less boring.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This is a really good take on how Bell's agent fucked him.

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Go Steelers...unless it gets Tomlin fired. Then Go Panthers!
Well, god-damned.

Good thing I was at that other game instead of watching this one.