NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I was thinking about this, and I truly believe there's a chance "Trump" becomes a new insult like "Einstein" meaning the same, but obviously being more straight forward.
I figured it was like calling me Hitler, and once you've done that, you've lost.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I figured it was like calling me Hitler, and once you've done that, you've lost.
I would say that description fits "Malcolm" more than "Trump".

Also, I lost nothing. I still think you're wrong and did nothing to make any points. I just figured we were spinning our wheels.

Bell might sit out until week 11.

This will immediately reduce any value he has to advertisers. Now every Steelers fan in the world will hate him, ditto for fantasy players who drafted him #1.

Why would any other franchise sign him? He wants money for two positions and to be paid over double what the next highest guy at his position wants. He's been suspended more than once for marijuana, and is clearly, a selfish locker room cancer.

I hope NFL owners Kaepernick him. :D

Truthfully, I hope every other team offers him a contract equal to Davonte Freeman's and nothing more. Then he can sit back and moan about how the Steelers won't offer him $15M/yr again.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I still think you're wrong and did nothing to make any points
Then I don't think you understand markets. Do they have Economics at your university?

He's better than Kaep. Someone will pick him up. Although, who knows what the offers will be.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I still think you're wrong and did nothing to make any points
Then I don't think you understand markets. Do they have Economics at your university?

He's better than Kaep. Someone will pick him up. Although, who knows what the offers will be.
Ha! My argument is economics. Your argument is Nike’s desire to see justice.

Steelers players now bashing Bell.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Ha! My argument is economics. Your argument is Nike’s desire to see justice.
No, that has never been my argument. My argument has always been economics.

Literally the first thing I said
Nike, as a business, by definition, wants attention and profit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Weirdest HTML ever.

But yeah, fuck Bell.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Ha! My argument is economics. Your argument is Nike’s desire to see justice.
No, that has never been my argument. My argument has always been economics.

Literally the first thing I said
Nike, as a business, by definition, wants attention and profit.
Which is literally my stance. So if I don't understand economics, then neither do you.

As for the Bell story, I was posting from my phone while sitting in a golf cart. Didn't realize Bleacher Report doesn't offer URLs when you hit copy. Why would I want a copy of the headline? Morons.

Anyway, here's a story from ESPN on it.

Reminder: Bell is scheduled to make a little less than double what the next highest back will make this year. He says that's not enough and wants around $3M more. He gives no credit to his highly ranked O line, his HOF QB, a HOF WR, and an elite WR corps who all make his job that much easier.

He can go fuck himself. I hope he never wears a Steelers uniform again. Good luck to the ignorant team that signs his selfish, cancerous ass.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Which is literally my stance. So if I don't understand economics, then neither do you.
Your statement is that Kaep is being used by Nike, for economic gain. I say, no, they entered into a mutually beneficial agreement for gains for both of them.

It's certainly Bell's choice to do this, but it's a terrible, terrible decision all around.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Your statement is that Kaep is being used by Nike, for economic gain. I say, no, they entered into a mutually beneficial agreement for gains for both of them.
My argument isn't that they aren't both benefiting. My argument is Nike doesn't give a fuck about his cause and are using him for profit. There is a difference.

And yes, you can absolutely use your wife for sex, even if you love her. You really think every single time you've had relations she was in the mood (and vice versa)? Sure, they're happy to help you because they love you, but she just wanted to sleep...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: My argument isn't that they aren't both benefiting. My argument is Nike doesn't give a fuck about his cause and are using him for profit. There is a difference.
Nike cares about the cause, to some degree, or they could have dropped Kaep 2 years ago. Phil Knight's always been on the liberal side, though no idea how much influence he has at Nike these days.
Leisher wrote: And yes, you can absolutely use your wife for sex, even if you love her. You really think every single time you've had relations she was in the mood (and vice versa)? Sure, they're happy to help you because they love you, but she just wanted to sleep...
These are complicated, multi-round games. I would argue that it's not using, as both are looking to maximize long term enjoyment of the relationship, and so you cannot look at any 'round' in isolation.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Nike cares about the cause, to some degree, or they could have dropped Kaep 2 years ago.
No they don't or if they do, they clearly only care about oppression in America...of their core customers...
TheCatt wrote: Phil Knight's always been on the liberal side, though no idea how much influence he has at Nike these days.
Isn't he done? I honestly thought he was gone from Nike. Why did I think that? I thought his relationship with Oregon changed because of him leaving Nike or something. I'm old and forgetful.
These are complicated, multi-round games. I would argue that it's not using, as both are looking to maximize long term enjoyment of the relationship, and so you cannot look at any 'round' in isolation.
That's a fair thing to say about marriage...if love truly exists in the relationship. I would happily point you to the many drop dead gorgeous 20-somethings who find "love" in the arms of 70-90 year old men who just happen to be filthy rich.

However, I still stand by that argument for employment. I think we need to agree to disagree because while I absolutely see your point, my point is still entirely valid. There is absolutely mutual gain in scenarios laid, but that does not mean one party isn't being used nor does it prove one party is being used.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: No they don't or if they do, they clearly only care about oppression in America...of their core customers...
Which is literally the issue Kaep is protesting about. Not sweat shops.
Leisher wrote: Why did I think that?
He's still 'chairman emeritus' so technically no responsibilities, but he founded the company, I'm sure he still has a say.
Leisher wrote: There is absolutely mutual gain in scenarios laid, but that does not mean one party isn't being used nor does it prove one party is being used.
So, I would say that mutual benefit means by definition no one is being used. I would say that being used implies detriment.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Which is literally the issue Kaep is protesting about. Not sweat shops.
And why I pointed out their hypocrisy. "They clearly only care about oppression in America" was a shot, not a statement.
TheCatt wrote: So, I would say that mutual benefit means by definition no one is being used. I would say that being used implies detriment.
And I would disagree. You can use someone when they gain from it. Ask the RIAA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: "They clearly only care about oppression in America" was a shot, not a statement.
Well, you're also back to boiling the ocean then. Damn them for not fixing all of the world's ills.
Leisher wrote: And I would disagree.
Well, then, here we are. I'm going to keep to "being used means being taken advantage of"
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Well, you're also back to boiling the ocean then. Damn them for not fixing all of the world's ills.
Really? It's a-ok for Nike to sell sneakers via a campaign hinting at trying to end oppression and injustice, but if I point out their own actions I'm the asshole because that happens overseas, and fuck those people?

Whatever you say chief.
TheCatt wrote: Well, then, here we are. I'm going to keep to "being used means being taken advantage of"
You're simply trying to be overly literal just because know I'm not wrong. For example, the RIAA absolutely made people rich while taking complete advantage of them. IE: Used them.

In related news, the FOP president responded:

So did the wife of that American Sniper guy, and it was similar in theme.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's nice to see real football
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: It's nice to see real football
I almost forgot it was on.

Football season always feels "right". Everything is ok again.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, it was nice to see that on in the airport instead of news. Fuck Trump. Fuck Dems. Let me see Brady lose.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Let me see Brady lose.
This.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Let me see Brady lose.
This.
Not to get political, but if the Dems + Trump really loved America, they'd make this happen