NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Steelers call out Kitchens for his shirt. He responds by throwing his players under the bus.
He's totally getting fired, right?
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

This story hasn't been fully written, as the Ravens have two difficult games remaining against playoff contenders: at Buffalo and home against Pittsburgh. But for the moment, it's reasonable to expect the road to the Super Bowl to go through Baltimore.
- ESPN. I mean. I kinda agree on the first one. But Pitt? Hard game? Maybe not "puff game," but c'mon.

Hopefully NE trips up one or two more times.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: He's totally getting fired, right?
I honestly don't see how he doesn't. Typically, I'm all for giving a guy time, but he's in way over his head.
TheCatt wrote: But Pitt? Hard game? Maybe not "puff game," but c'mon.
Agree.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TRUTH.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

After 17 years of marriage, I've finally got my wife to buy into one of my favorite phrases.

We were watching the end of Baltimore + SF, and last second FG attempt, AND IT'S GOOD!

My wife: Guess he's getting laid tonight.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I don't get the comment? Did Brady die?
He's just not very good any more.
And he wants to play 3-4 more years.
To put that in context, of the league's 33 qualifying quarterbacks since Week 4, Brady ranks 30th in completion percentage, 30th in yards per attempt, 29th in passer rating and 24th in Total QBR. His rate stats since Week 4 are roughly in line with those of Mitchell Trubisky, who has completed 63.2% of his passes, averaged 6.3 yards per attempt, thrown two touchdowns for every interception and posted a passer rating of 85.7 to go with a QBR of 40.4. Bears fans might have been excited to hear that Trubisky would be compared to Brady in 2019, but this is not a fawning comparison for either passer.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: My wife: Guess he's getting laid tonight.
But seriously, shouldn't he?

https://youtu.be/lXKB77cLGqI
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: But seriously, shouldn't he?
Absolutely.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I have been pondering Tomlin and this season, and I have a new theory on him.

I think the team feeds Tomlin more than he feeds them.

This is both good and bad. More later.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Panthers fire Rivera.

I hear Kitchens will be available soon!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Panthers fire Rivera.

I hear Kitchens will be available soon!
If he takes Tomlin, do we both win?
It is unclear which direction Tepper will go in his search for a replacement, but as a former minority owner with the Steelers and a native of Pittsburgh he could look to that organization for help.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: If he takes Tomlin, do we both win?
Maybe? The majority owners of the Steelers unanimously voted a few years back to fire Tomlin. Of course, they have no power, so nothing was done, but if Tepper was one of them, I doubt he'll go after Tomlin.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Food for thought:
Steelers are 7-5 without Ben but the combined records of those teams we beat are 27-56 and offensively we’ve scored 6TD in last 5 games. Five of those TDs were aided by penalties and Rams victory ended in last second controversial NON pass interference call in the end zone. If called would have given Rams lead (First down on 1yd line) with 1:22 left.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Food for thought:
Steelers are 7-5 without Ben but the combined records of those teams we beat are 27-56 and offensively we’ve scored 6TD in last 5 games. Five of those TDs were aided by penalties and Rams victory ended in last second controversial NON pass interference call in the end zone. If called would have given Rams lead (First down on 1yd line) with 1:22 left.
Oh yeah, I'm not defending your team at all. I just don't want the Redskins to hire Tomlin :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Food for thought:
Oh yeah, I'm not defending your team at all. I just don't want the Redskins to hire Tomlin :)
I know you weren't. I stuck that here for myself and for Stranger who doesn't understand my dislike of Tomlin. Those stats further back up my "smoke and mirrors" argument about Mike.

Tomlin to the Skins would fit my new theory about him. I think they would thrive initially. Bringing him in would generate excitement in a locker room devoid of it. He would feed off of that. He'd get the team playing with excitement and energy. Tomlin is great at doing that, give credit where it's due.

The problem is he'll eventually face well coached teams. That's where he'll fail.

People forget that he won a Super Bowl, barely, with a roster full of pro bowlers and eventual HOFers. Not to mention the single greatest defensive coordinator in history. They won despite him. Just like the Steelers defense won Big Ben's first Super Bowl despite his terrible outing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: He would feed off of that.
We won two in a row! We got a coach fired! Woooooooooo!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: He would feed off of that.
We won two in a row! We got a coach fired! Woooooooooo!
Simmons refuses to "cross the Redskins off" for the season because their chance of winning the division at 7-9 is still very much alive.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Simmons refuses to "cross the Redskins off" for the season because their chance of winning the division at 7-9 is still very much alive.
TheCatt wrote: Me: C'mon Redskins, just fucking lose and get a good draft pick.

Also me: But if they win out, they could still clinch the NFC East at 7-9!
Yeah, barely. 538 gives them a <1% (but > 0%) chance of winning the East.

Even if the Skiins win their next 3 (GB, Philly, NYG), and Cowboys lose their next 3, and the Eagles beat the Cowboys, but lose their other two, the odds only rise to 11%
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

So you're saying there's a chance!!!