NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The Luck news is pretty sad. Dude's press conference was tough to watch. He clearly loves the game, but he isn't healing and can't keep going.
That sucks. Especially since he's been dealing with this since he's 24. But, at least he's walking away and still got time to get healthier.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

As news of his retirement broke during Indianapolis’s preseason game, some Colts fans booed Luck as he left the field in street clothes.

It was tacky but unsurprising. Football’s oblivious macho streak still runs deep.

“I’d be lying if I didn’t say I heard the reaction,” Luck said. “It hurt.”
Some humans are still terrible.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Some humans are still terrible.
Including some of his peers.

Honestly, I wish someone associated with the team would come out and say "If you are one of the fans booing Luck, please know that as an organization we don't want your support. We hate you and want nothing to do with you. Don't cheer for us because we don't want you to as you're an embarrassment as a human being. Fuck you."

Meanwhile, the Colts are dealing with his retirement with class.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Including some of his peers.
I saw a lot of surprise, but nothing terrible.
But Indianapolis waived its right to recoup the money and is allowing Luck to keep it all, after the poundings he's taken and all he's given to the franchise. It is, in an official way, his parting gift.
To be fair, that team fucked him in protection.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I saw a lot of surprise, but nothing terrible.
Maybe they altered it since last night, but there were a couple that were extremely questionable.
TheCatt wrote: To be fair, that team fucked him in protection.
One of the most interesting tweets from the article I posted bashed the Colts training staff. I wonder if that's accurate?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I wonder if that's accurate?
Hard to say. The Redskins training staff is looking pretty shitty right now.

This does put the Colts pretty low. Though, no Redskins :(
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

2019 NFL Predictions - SI

Pats: 12-4
Jets 8-8
Bills 6-10
Fins 4-12

Colt 10-6 (Before Luck retired)
Titans 8-8
Texans 7-9
Jaguars 5-11

Browns 11-5
Steelers 10-6
Ravens 7-9
Bengals 4-12

Chiefs 12-4
Chargers 10-6
Broncos 7-9
Raiders 5-11

Eagles 10-6
Cowboys 9-7
Giants 4-12
Redskins 3-13

Saints 11-5
Falcons 10-6
Panthers 7-9
Bucs 5-11

Vikings 11-5
Packers 10-6
Lions 9-7
Bears 7-9

Rams 12-4
49ers 10-6
Hawks 7-9
Cards 5-11

Pats over Saints
Pats over Colts; Saints over Rams
Pats over Chargers, Colts over Chiefs | Rams over Eagles, Saints over Vikings
Chargers over Browns, Colts over Steelers | Vikings over Packers, Eagles over 49ers

!Rmindme 2/1/2020
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: ESPN posted their predictions today.

Browns - Catt (11), Leisher(12), ESPN (9), SI (11)
Steelers - Catt (9), Leisher (10), ESPN(8.5), SI (10)
Panthers - Catt (10), Leisher (10), ESPN (8), SI (7)
Redskins - Catt (6), Leisher (7), ESPN (6), SI (3)

!rmindme 12/31/2019
Updated
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Pats over Saints
Pats over Colts; Saints over Rams
Pats over Chargers, Colts over Chiefs | Rams over Eagles, Saints over Vikings
Chargers over Browns, Colts over Steelers | Vikings over Packers, Eagles over 49ers
I'm guessing that'll change after last night.

I also don't like that the Steelers are becoming a hot sleeper pick.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Jaguars long snapper makes offer to shitty Colts fans.

When I say shitty, I mean the idiots who are bashing Luck.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I don't know if someone is advising him or if he's mentally damaged from football, but aside from the "black power" caucus, this is being accepted as a really, really bad look for him.

So in all the previous interviews he was lying to everyone about being friends? He's essentially outing himself as being a fake and a fraud.

AB isn't just tarnishing his legacy, he's directly impacting his brand that he's so concerned about.

He should take his own advice and just shut up already.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Update: Maybe someone does advise him because that tweet has been deleted.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

How many snaps did your QB take in preseason?

How many people do you think will draft Andrew Luck to their fantasy teams?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: How many people do you think will draft Andrew Luck to their fantasy teams?
I wonder how many drafts were before that game. Ours was.

It's a keeper league, but that person only had 1 other QB, fortunately for him it's Ben.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Gordon going to find out just how little the market cares about RBs.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Richest Ewok around
The Dallas Cowboys and Ezekiel Elliott have come to terms on a six-year, $90 million contract extension, a source told ESPN on Wednesday.

The deal has $50 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Ed Werder, surpassing Todd Gurley's $45 million as the most for an NFL running back. Since Elliott, 24, was under contract through 2020 and was set to make $3.853 million in 2019 and $9.09 million on the fifth-year option in 2020, his total compensation through the 2026 season tops $100 million.

It's not clear when the deal will be announced because Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and son and team executive vice president Stephen Jones are in New York to ring the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I love Zeke, but I wouldn't spend $15M/yr on a RB. They're a dime a dozen.